Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Budget cab and head

View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK Mallett
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14717

Mallett is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Mallett's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:33 pm   Post subject: Budget cab and head Reply with quote

I hoping to buy a 4x12 cab and head and needed some help choosing which ones to try out. I have a budget of £600. I would want to get a decent thrash, death and black metal sound out of the amp preferably without having to invest in a distortion pedal, unless truly necessary. Any ideas guys..?
Netherlands bowelrupture
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 4294

bowelrupture is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website bowelrupture's Favorites are Private
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugera 6260 Infinium B-Stock + Marshall M412A Full Size Guitar Cabinet, is an option.
Mexico paco_ordog
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 11519

paco_ordog is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View paco_ordog's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

to late for reply, but if one of you have the same o similar question, my sugestion is Buguera infinium 333XL head and Bugera 412F cab. other option is Marshall MA100 head (*not MG)and marshall M412 cab.
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm four years late to the thread but I like to fuck corpses from either side, so... I have a pretty expensive Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Top, but... recently as a backup I've purchased a pure transistor amp by Kustom (I think made in the US of A) mainly because of the power it has. I've done the distortion and chorus/phaser stuff by foot pedal because - yes, I, the old black/death-fucker - have played in a death/doom band. However, the built in distortion and sound - while a bit mushy - is still great after some fine-tuning. It has some special boxes for it too, but they might not be as good as the classic Celestion VC412 speakers, Mesa Boogie or the likes. Hope I could help some musicians out here.

Living in Germany, I've bought it from this fine dealership:
https://www.thomann.de/de/kustom_kg100hfx.htm

100 Watts is enough for all your needs, but might be too much for those countries where there are decibel limits. We've once played in Switzerland and while some of the people I know there have said they have no limits in this regard, at this venue they made us turn down our amps so much that we almost had no power left which is extremely bad if you run pure tube amps. All that saved us might have been my active pickups.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Musicians All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: