Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

History Channel's "Vikings"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA HumanPaste
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 8215

HumanPaste is offline View user's profile Send private message View HumanPaste's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:40 pm   Post subject: History Channel's "Vikings" Reply with quote

Had to do this, as an avid fan of literature-television crossovers such as A Song of Ice and Fire to Game of Thrones on HBO...I was more than skeptical of how this series would kick off but holy fkn Thor this shit is good. Anyone else watching this or am I all alone here?
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen every episode, it is a fantastic mini series. I love the guy that plays the character called Floki. OK!

Memento Mori

Last edited by cjjeepercreeper on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA HumanPaste
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

HumanPaste is offline View user's profile Send private message View HumanPaste's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he's fkn brilliant! All the character's seem rly well done, I thought since the dude who plays Ragnar used to be some gay ass underwear model he'd blow it but he really went balls to the wall with this. Each ep keeps getting better in my opinion.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lagertha is another great character, a kickass shield maiden, she looks tough and supposedly is tough in real life according to her bio. As for Ragnar, yeah, he surprised me too, we call him the "tweaker" Viking, his haircut reminds me of a lot of tweakers around here. LOL

One thing, though, I'm glad they finally killed off Haraldson, he was starting to piss me off, good character, just a real asshole.

Memento Mori
USA HumanPaste
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lagertha is beastly and also really..well.. you know Mr. Green

Yeah the Earl apparently pulled a lot of people in to the show at first, the actor atleast, and agreed he needed to take that axe to the back. That fight scene was great I love how they took the time to form a whole episode about it good shit.

The end of last week's episode showed the king unveiling his notorious "snake (mosh) pit" which apparently is what killed the historical Ragnar ages ago, I wonder how long they'll draw that out or go about it because they just renewed it for atLEAST a second season. The dude who plays Ragnar's brother (I forgot his name) told in some interview that they're trying to bring in characters like fkn Lief Erikkson and eventually show Lothbrok's kids tearing ass as well. I rarely get like this with shows but 3 more days until the next show is really starting to piss of the Paste Mad
USA HumanPaste
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ macho where are you, epic ass episode as always. That ending battle scene was great I always hold my breath before a fight in this show, Ragnar's dual wielding axe and sword action is classic. \m/
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent episode. I'm still wondering, though, about Rollo's response to Siggy last week when he asked her to marry him and he said he was to be an Earl. Hmm.

And granted, the Vikings were brutal, uncouth, etc., but the English kind of deserved what they got on the new episode when the king fucked with them by trying to fool them with the empty chest deal. Kind of like poking a snake with a short stick and then getting bit. Silly

Memento Mori
USA HumanPaste
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put well put! Yes that Rollo cliffhanger left me wondering as well, I did some research and found out Ragnar's real (historical) brother wound up holding a high position of power in one of the lands they inevitably invade.. maybe foreshadowing something like that? Either way, the "how many Christians" bit was priceless. Also whenever I read about Ragnar I wind up reading twice as much about his sons; I wonder if they'll go the same route as Game of Thrones and shift focus down the road from father to son.
USA HumanPaste
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ I know you're still out there somewhere in a drunken stupor, but I need a fellow clansman to discuss this shit with. Following this week's ep I can say they're killing off my favorite characters week after week, but I guess death was something sacred to them so it shouldn't be a bummer. They said at the end they're throwing a huge curveball next week and I'll go ahead on record and say I think it'll sadly be Ragnar's final Vikings episode. :/ goddamnit.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

HumanPaste wrote:
CJ I know you're still out there somewhere in a drunken stupor, but I need a fellow clansman to discuss this shit with. Following this week's ep I can say they're killing off my favorite characters week after week, but I guess death was something sacred to them so it shouldn't be a bummer. They said at the end they're throwing a huge curveball next week and I'll go ahead on record and say I think it'll sadly be Ragnar's final Vikings episode. :/ goddamnit.

Can't wait to see how this turns out. This week's episode was weird, they normally did animal, not human sacrifices. The scene with the priest tripping his ass off was truly bizarre.

Memento Mori
USA HumanPaste
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizarre but well done, I love when film makers have that sort of abstract vision and actually have to balls to materialize it. I thought well done. Just bought a "Sagas of Ragnar Lodbrok" book to delve deeper into the guy and his life should be a good read, what do you see happening on next week's finale?
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

HumanPaste wrote:
Bizarre but well done, I love when film makers have that sort of abstract vision and actually have to balls to materialize it. I thought well done. Just bought a "Sagas of Ragnar Lodbrok" book to delve deeper into the guy and his life should be a good read, what do you see happening on next week's finale?

At this point I have absolutely no idea how they are going to end this first season. If in fact they are coming back next year one thing is for sure, the end has to have some sort of hook.

Memento Mori
USA HumanPaste
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

To my surpise..no return of the snakepit, and so Ragnar lives on. Didn't expect it, but glad to see him going on great actor great character so all good with me. Aslaug (ho he's fucking) was another historically accurate character from the real Ragnar Lodbrok's illustrious life and the way in which he found her through his peers checking out her knockers was actually recorded in the ancient sage of his as well haha. Definitely wanted more action for the finale though what'd you think sir? And season 2 in 2014?? Fkn come on..
Nepal Palpatine
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 16078

Palpatine is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Palpatine's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I was prejudiced when I first watched this show, I was expecting to spot the historical inaccuracies, but I was surprised by how this series is historically accurate, there may be some exaggerations, it's a tv show after all, but overall I think it's very well done
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

New season starts the end of February. OK! Cool

Memento Mori
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: