Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Mucisians
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA baphomet
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4045

baphomet is offline View user's profile Send private message View baphomet's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:16 pm   Post subject: Mucisians Reply with quote

A while ago i saw that some of you wanted their to be a forum about musicians themselves. well here we can have something like that.
tell us about your instrument, what is it, what kind, your techniques etc.

like for me, i am a drummer who just recently started to play with a double kick, i have a kinda crappy rogers drumset, with evans heads and sabian symbols. i use vic firth american 2As. and have a dixon double pedal. since i am a percussionist for school i have pretty good technique and i have pretty fast hands. my feet are getting there tho. i found to me that its a little easier to swivel my feet while playing double kick. it keeps my feet going at a steady pace.

cmon musicians. lets hear about you.
Peace
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2916

zarqun is offline View user's profile Send private message zarqun's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

do vocalists count? Snicker

anyway: I'm a vocalist
don't make me sing clean, it would be the same sound like a mating cat
don't make me scream (or whatever you call a black metal way of singing), I'll lose my voice in no-time
don't make me squeal, I'll lose my voice in no-time

I'm only good for grunting (my voice is between bass and bariton, it depends Smile )
I'm ex-semi-professional swimmer, so I have a huge lung-volume (>6,5 liters), I don't smoke (never got the urge too) but I do drink (mmmm Duvel! mmm Rodenbach! mmm Leffe! mmm Chimay Blue! mmm Pilaarbijter! and sporadically also mmm scotch!)
And to be boy eternal.
USA baphomet
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

baphomet is offline View user's profile Send private message View baphomet's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes of course vokills count.
i myself can do vocals.
i wouldnt want to sing clean tho either. if you dont make the screams or anything to make you lose your voice you have to be sure they come from the gut. i can grunt and have a pretty decent piggy.
i think that my roars sound like a mix of glen benton and a bad george fisher.
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an organ I got for free, does that make me a keyboard player? Grin

Memento Mori
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@CJ: Problably Very Happy

I'm playing guitar for a pile of years now, involved in some bands & projects, but all not very known (because most of 'em haven't released much or anything). Maybe that will change the next few months and years. I also play bass, but mostly with pleks and only for about two years now, so I'm way better at the guitar.

Amps I use include a Peavy Studio Pro 112 65W RMS and a 22 years old Marshall 200 Watts Bass AMP (which also works well for guitar if I use my Ibanez Smash Box with it) and some old 300W Marshall 4x12 Cabinet.

For parts of my ambient stuff (which isn't released so far) I often use a very cheap keyboard; very cheap... Bontempi PM64 is the name if I remember right.

Not very good at drums and I only get the chance to practise if there is a rehearsal going on, I don't own a drumset.

Mouthharp / Maultrommel / (some people call it "Jew harp"...) is an instrument also common to me, I even can play some melodies on it, as far this is possible on that instrument.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Afghanistan DOSphantom
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3904

DOSphantom is offline View user's profile Send private message View DOSphantom's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My vocals aren't bad, got some okay gutterals pretty low, few squeals(hard on some days), my screaches and shouts are worth shit. I actually have decent clean vocals do some soft jazz, lisping wispy psycodelic/prog stufff, and general older rock styles.

Use to do violin probably going to try again but mine
is 3/4 and I need a full size. But with improved dexterity
and fretting techniques I shouldn't have to much trouble
other that perfecting the pressure with the bow.

Guitar a Lotus(no-namer) statocaster got it for
$24 and is better than some shit guitars for $400.
Have a Dg-10 10w amp that my sister never used really(free so who cares about lack of power?), UM-100, Boss Metal Zone and Heavy Metal... I am a sick distortion and tone freak......

An Yamaha ancient model with a few modes.
Commander

Member#: 213

VileVince is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail VileVince's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Vokills Twisted Evil
Never been in a band, but have done it for friends, and according to them they are good. My best are deep guteral, gurgle almost. I have a wide range though, my clean vox aren't my best, but decent enough. Silly
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

clean vocals, been in a fuckin' choir in school.. won national competition twice, we recorded some cd, fuck if I know what happened to that..
Commodore

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seriously started to get more into vocals now (but have been screaming/gargling/burping/growling for myself some time), a one man band without vocals sucks Smile. Made good progress on deep, guttural and piggy-like growls, but I am trying to go more in the "high pitched scream" area (you know, black metal Wink. I'm practicing a few minutes (and sometimes 1-2 hours) every day but not on regular schedule.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Germany Wurst
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1782

Wurst is offline View user's profile Send private message Wurst's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarqun: i tried leffe and i must say i found it disgusting :-/
Brazil Pesadelo RIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dami, tell us about the effect of this practice on your throat. It gets in pain or irritated? It let you hoarse?
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got told if you do it right it won't hurt and luckily in my last sessions it didn't. But has something to do with your breathing and also how loud you go/want to go. The sessions the last few months always got me kind of a sore throath but it seems not anymore Smile.
USA baphomet
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

when i practice my vocals. it kinda hurts my throat a little and i think ive made my vocal cords bleed at least twice, but as long as you make sure they come from the diaphragm and not your throat then youll be fine.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 4198

hxchristian is offline View user's profile Send private message hxchristian's Favorites are Private
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

go to wikipedia or wikihow and look up screaming and it'll give you some steps and tips. I used it and i'm pretty good myself OK!
USA baphomet
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

and i have yet to hear you hx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Musicians All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: