Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Falkenbach-Heralding - The Fireblade

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Olaf
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 1438

Olaf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Olaf's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:37 pm   Post subject: Falkenbach-Heralding - The Fireblade Reply with quote

Some of you have probably listened to this album,it's also my case and i think i have never seen something so weeping in production,songwriting and quality.i fell in love with Falkenbach's sound just because it's cropped from Norse,ancient mythology,even though it's also the use of imagery in lyrics that makes them go beyond a lot of bands.I think falkenbach has chosen the right path though.
My first thought after listening to some tracks like "Walkiesjar" or "Havamal" was "okay"....i'm listening to it currently LOL,but after listening to "Heathen Foray","Of Forest Unknown" and "Roman land",i have arrived to the last conclusion...that this album is definitely amazing.Lyrics,attention and instrumentation are absolutely in equilibrium to form the best album i've ever heard...
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, everything I heard from Falkenbach is great music with a very unique feel. On "Heralding The Fireblade" he recorded some songs from Old demos (Laeknishendr for example) and the early albums again because he wanted a better production for the songs - of course the demos aren't available anymore. In p2p networks you can still find the second one I think.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Mordbrann
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 532

Mordbrann is offline View user's profile Send private message Mordbrann's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hails Olaf! From the first time I heard Falkenbach I knew it was special. I have all the CDs but one so far and they are all great in their own way. If you liked Heralding you should check out ...En Their Medh Riki Fara... next. Magni and Ok Nefna are also very good but En Their is the closest to Heralding IMO.
USA VileVince
Commander
Commander

Member#: 213

VileVince is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail VileVince's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently heard this CD and what a great CD, I've now heard a couple songs from the other CDs and every song I've heard is fantastic!! Very good all around music. I like the epic feel it has to it.
gurthang
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1207

gurthang is offline View user's profile Send private message gurthang's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just an amazing release..I love it..can't help listen to it...far better and mature than the previous
Mordbrann
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Mordbrann is offline View user's profile Send private message Mordbrann's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heralding was really the first Falkenbach album but was scrapped because of a bad recording time more or less. So these songs have had a long time to percolate. Some there are other versions of as well.
GSX1300
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1352

GSX1300 is offline View user's profile Send private message GSX1300's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting to like them because they are so different and original from other bands
Mordbrann
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on the official forums that he does not listen to much other music... that could be why. When you do it may influence you even subconsciously.
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1184

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah so did i! He is pretty autark in his works. that is why Falkenbach is is so good music, with a special feeling! I love it:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: