Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Dimmu Borgir Re-Recorded Stormblåst

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA VileVince
Commander
Commander

Member#: 213

VileVince is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail VileVince's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:53 am   Post subject: Dimmu Borgir Re-Recorded Stormblåst Reply with quote

I heard a promo with clips from each song and I've got to say I am officially done with Dimmu Borgir. It's one thing to re-master, but RE-RECORD!!!! Not to mention it's a crappy job at trying to re-create their greatest work. Why do bands insist on ruining their own stuff?
Skull_Rot
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 666

Skull_Rot is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skull_Rot's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormblåst was probably Dimmu's best album imo. I'm not even going to give this album a chance. I agree with you Vince, Rerecording an album is just a weak attempt for this band to become bigger money-whores than they already are. After EDT, Dimmu's albums just go more and more downhill, and i dont expect anything more with this.
Commander

Member#: 83

Pyrates is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Pyrates's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't listened into this one, but I Cradle of Filth re-recorded some old stuff for "Bitter suites to succubi", and the new versions are much better than the old ones IMHO. So I'd give it a chance...

Cheers
Philipp
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely give it a chance. I'm big on sound quality, so if the prodution is better, I will most likely like it more. I never cared for Morbid Angels first 2 albums but after hearing it concert I realized how much sound quality makes a difference.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard a sample of "the new version of" Antikrist and liked it. It doesn't sound as Death Cult Armageddon but more like Enthrone Darkness Triumphant production wise IMO.

And I think they re-recorded the album because Cacaphonous Records (or was it another label) was ripping them off with this release.
Helvete
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1253

Helvete is offline View user's profile Send private message Helvete's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like a cash-in to me - they've catapulted into the mainstream, and have become distressingly popular, and now they're trying to make a few bucks off of unsuspecting newbies.
embracingdusk
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1137

embracingdusk is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail embracingdusk's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-recording the album had indeed several reasons. Sound quality-wise I think it is a major plus. It sounds awesome and clean. For some perhaps too clean; the raw and sometimes bleak atmosphere of the original (of which I am very fond) has been lost for a great part.
But as Jeric mentioned, for metal fans that quite simply do not like a more raw production, this re-recording is great news.

Is it a cash-in towards newbies? I don't know. People/fans who are really interested will go looking for the original anyway. If you do not want to buy it, then don't. If newbies like the 'cleaner' version better, let them buy that one. It's great music and I like both versions. And yes, I do play both...

It is said here that Dimmu changed and was done for especially after EDT, what exactly do you mean? They didn't get 'softer' in any case, as 'Death Cult' and 'Puritanical' are more 'extreme' than the more atmospherical earlier days?
Suffused with the perfume of night
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the vid a cpl of week ago, is isnt that bad but the portral of the band on tv is lame... all looking mean and shit. I just want to slap the black paint right off their face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: