Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

JERIC, is it time to define the playlist?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:47 pm   Post subject: JERIC, is it time to define the playlist? Reply with quote

With all the new people registering on the site the number of requests have risen. And with the rise in requests have come a rise of "core" requests. Is "core" what we want here or not? How about some firmer guidelines on what is appropriate music here and what is not. Grin

Memento Mori
Brazil Daniem
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2982

Daniem is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Daniem's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, however its hard to define a straight line between what fits and what does not. My suggestion: since Jeric's the owner, he should define Mr. Green
Turkey FIRATEMRE777
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5026

FIRATEMRE777 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FIRATEMRE777's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:34 am   Post subject: Re: JERIC, is it time to define the playlist? Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
With all the new people registering on the site the number of requests have risen. And with the rise in requests have come a rise of "core" requests. Is "core" what we want here or not? How about some firmer guidelines on what is appropriate music here and what is not. Grin

If we don't want core requests here,why do we have core albums here?Why did Jeric add them here?Was Jeric drunk at the time of adding these albums?I don't think so.I think that Jeric thought about what would happen,when he added these core albums.No restriction please,set the members free!! Peace

About Firmer Guideleness: I hate to be directed by someone or something and most of us feel like that imo.We all be directed by daily activities and working rules and we don't need to be ruled here.When you give us firmer guidelines,some people will use it to us saying ''too many core in the playlist and look at guideliness'' like the way using netiquette against long doom tracks.Then we will have more wars about core requests in the playlist.
I think that we need no more regulations and death.fm is playing all day without stopping,also there is enough time to taste every kind of metal in a day.No need to regulate Woah Woah Peace
Hungary erkan
Captain
Captain

Member#: 6364

erkan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View erkan's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:48 am   Post subject: Re: JERIC, is it time to define the playlist? Reply with quote

FIRATEMRE777 wrote:
I think that we need no more regulations and death.fm is playing all day without stopping,also there is enough time to taste every kind of metal in a day.No need to regulate Woah Woah Peace

I totally agree with you, FIRATEMRE! Everybody has the right to request what he want. So we don't need more austerities. There are enough through the world-wide crisis.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to participate in this thread because the playlist definition is clear to me, but now I can't hold it anymore, so I'm stepping in.

What on Earth does the worldwide crisis have to do with the definition of the playlist here? I'm so freakin' tired of the media barking all day long about crisis, disasters and so on and stressing people to the point where they don't have resources to work for limiting the effects of the said crisis that it makes me sick Mad

On the other hand, Fira, what do you mean "request what they want"? I want Manowar in here, they are metal, they are great, do you see any reason why they won't be added except the fact that they are NOT extreme metal? Mad

Come on, people, get real and try to stop perceiving this station as your mainstream station of choice! Mad

.:: ::.
Turkey FIRATEMRE777
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5026

FIRATEMRE777 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FIRATEMRE777's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:

On the other hand, Fira, what do you mean "request what they want"? I want Manowar in here, they are metal, they are great, do you see any reason why they won't be added except the fact that they are NOT extreme metal? Mad

According to me there is no problem adding Manowar,Slayer, Slipknot and some bands like that.But what my topic is putting more rules for requesting bands causes to more wars.I respect any requests from any band on this sitation,but i don't understand why we should restrict the bands which we'd like to choose for listening.If some core band was added to death.fm,why shouldn't i pick them,whenever i'd like to.If any member picks a track from any band,i should respect his/her choice and i listen or choose mute action,that's simple,but restrictions can't be helpful imo.
diginferno

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@Fira: I also respect people's choices within the limits of the playlist. That's why the station is called DEATH.fm, and not LOUD.something. I rest my case.

Germany Stuka_Kommandant
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
... That's why the station is called DEATH.fm...

This is the determining point, digi Yes !!!
Here only DEATH-Metal should have to run. Throws the remaining garbage simply overboard...
Mr. Green Wink Peace
diginferno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuka_Kommandant wrote:
diginferno wrote:
... That's why the station is called DEATH.fm...

This is the determining point, digi Yes !!!
Here only DEATH-Metal should have to run. Throws the remaining garbage simply overboard...
Mr. Green Wink Peace

You're not helping, SK! LOL

Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I started something on a sensitive subject, didn't I? Actually, my point here was for the requesters, why waste time on requesting something you know has no chance of getting added. And my other point was the dilution of the music, there is tons of hardcore death, black and doom out there.

Fire away. LOL

Memento Mori
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Death.fm as a radio station that plays extreme metal. Metal that extends beyond the normal definition of metal. What makes it "extreme" could be harsh growling or screaming vocals, extensive use of double bass drum, symphonic instruments, or whatever.

I honestly see nothing wrong with adding "core" bands to the playlist, and obviously neither does Jeric, because there are several "core" bands on here already. "Core" is a type of extreme metal, thus I believe those types of bands are viable for being added.
I'm not a huge fan of "core" myself, but there definitely are some very good bands that fit within the genre.

When albums get requested, it is ultimately up to Jeric for whether or not they get added. When there's only about 20-25 votes at the most for an album addition out of the hundreds or thousands of people who listen daily to the station, that is not enough of a sample size to determine whether or not the album should be added or not.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to take the time to wipe my ass with this thread. Im still waiting for Rhianna or Eminem to be on here. You assholes :|
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniem_BR wrote:
Good point, however its hard to define a straight line between what fits and what does not. My suggestion: since Jeric's the owner, he should define Mr. Green

Duh, that's what I'm getting at. LOL

Memento Mori
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the already in the works. I predict it will create a shockwave in the DFM community.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
USA weaponlordzero
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4405

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
This is the already in the works. I predict it will create a shockwave in the DFM community.

Hmmmm... I bet this will be interesting to see. Snicker

- Ghaleon of Vane - aka The Magic Emperor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: