Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Mucisians
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Afghanistan DOSphantom
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3904

DOSphantom is offline View user's profile Send private message View DOSphantom's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got a favorite chord progression, or scale/mode?
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4045

baphomet is offline View user's profile Send private message View baphomet's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

finally! an actual musicians forum.
i knew theyd cave sooner or later LOL
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, my old post in this thread is so much outdated. Still playing Guitar and Bass, got better on both since I've become way more active with one of my bands. Still nothing released yet, although we have enough rehearsal recordings for a promo. We settled to do a real album though, nothing less. In the works through own production, will take a lot of time since we had a lot of trouble in recent times. For guitar I now use a Hughes & Kettner Switchblade with a 4x12 240W Cabinet with Celestion 30 Speakers; still have the Peavy Studio Pro 112 Combo, the Marshall M15G (or something like that), a small combo and for my bass still the 200W transistor AMP from Marshall including the 4x12 Box. I'd like to get one with a tweeter though, but that'll take time also. A short time ago I've also began to play keyboard with a USB/Midi Masterkeyboard, I got the M-Audio Axiom61. Using it with free VST's right now but want to check some of the commercial plugins too. Any recommendations appreciated!

I also learned a lot about mastering and stuff, currently we are using a Yamaha 12/16-channel mixer for recording and rehearsal purposes, 3-band-eq (with adjustable mids) a possibilty for insert effects (just a compressor right now), 7 mics for the drums, 2 for voice (when I'm doing backing vox) and a nice Vic Firth Headphoneset which blocks some of the "exterior" sounds, ideal monitoring possibilty for drummers.

Guitars: Jackson RR3 with Floyd Rose Tremolo, Stagg Heavy Guitar with two Humbuckers (nice deep sound), Career Epiphone Flying-V copy (a bit of a "scraping" sound, also two Humbuckers), Chester Strat Copy (3 single coils, the typical beginners guitar).

Basses: A 4-string bass of unknown fabrication with typical Jazz PU's, a Yamaha RG??? 5-string bass, silver colour, two active HB PU's with Tone-Knobs and more, a Ibanez Soundgear G???-Bass - 4 String, active, extremely loud and powerful sound.

Other stuff: A cheap concert guitar on which I use metal strings, a Ukulele (don't laugh), a wide range of mouth-harps and I also play the beer bottle Wink.

And: YES! Finally a musicians forum! Thanks!

Edit: Mucisians finally edited to Musicians" Very Happy
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Canada Necrophagist666
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6105

Necrophagist666 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Necrophagist666's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's my contribution to the music thread.
i play Bass in a number of casual groups, some of witch play metal, and others who dont.(My most recent venture, recorded over spring break.)
For my gear, I have a Fender Bassman 400 going through a 15" Frender Cab. (I got it second hand so it was cheap)
I've got a couple of basses: Fender Precision 4 (electric blue. sounds great!), a Ltd B-155 5-string (Black flamed maple, got it on sale), and a really rad 3/4 size Carlo Rubelli 4-string (got it off E-Bay for $50)
My brother plays Drums/Percussion, so im not going to list off all his stuff, but most of it is rad..
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrophagist666 wrote:
Well here's my contribution to the music thread.
i play Bass in a number of casual groups, some of witch play metal, and others who dont.(My most recent venture, recorded over spring break.)
For my gear, I have a Fender Bassman 400 going through a 15" Frender Cab. (I got it second hand so it was cheap)
I've got a couple of basses: Fender Precision 4 (electric blue. sounds great!), a Ltd B-155 5-string (Black flamed maple, got it on sale), and a really rad 3/4 size Carlo Rubelli 4-string (got it off E-Bay for $50)
My brother plays Drums/Percussion, so im not going to list off all his stuff, but most of it is rad..

Whats kind of hiippy bullshit where you playing. You dont deserve the name "necrophagist" you should change it to "Rainbow puppy kittens"
Canada Necrophagist666
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6105

Necrophagist666 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Necrophagist666's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark wrote:

Whats kind of hiippy bullshit where you playing. You dont deserve the name "necrophagist" you should change it to "Rainbow puppy kittens"

How did i know you would say something to that extent. LOL
Silly like i said, its not metal.
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrophagist666 wrote:
Dark wrote:

How did i know you would say something to that extent. LOL
Silly like i said, its not metal.
that would be good name to black metal band... LOL
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh guys, made a new Pic from my collection, missing in the pic are of course the Recording-PC with all interfaces, Microphones, cables, tuners, mixing consoles, mouth harps, one harmonica and more. Basically my key-instruments, basses and guitars. Yeah, there's a Ukulele too.

The teddy is my mothers. It is a guest bed in a guest room.

My new baby, I love it (pictured on the right above):

If image doesn't work, go to musik-produktiv.de and search for "gio grgr010".

Edit:
Changed Pic size.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Netherlands bowelrupture
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 4294

bowelrupture is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website bowelrupture's Favorites are Private
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a guitarplayer and used a wide range of guitars through the years.
At the moment i use only two guitars

Me with an Ibanez RG7-420BP.

And i use the doubleneck on the left for some Hedera Helix work.

OLP MM612 Doubleneck.

The amp i use is a Laney GH100L and a Laney 4x12" cabinet.

Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i use studio microphone normaly and i have this kind of thiong Very Happy weeery deep in my storage somewhere

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 11538

Runosvet is offline View user's profile Send private message Runosvet's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I plays my guitar about one year and i can play easy black and death metal, then Carpathian Forest, Gorgoroth. Mayhem, Burzum.
Music education idon't have,,,
Russia Runosvet
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 11538

Runosvet is offline View user's profile Send private message Runosvet's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My guitar costs 150$ and I think, talent and education - is first problem for me, but I trust, i will be play guiter very well/necery...
USA baphomet
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4045

baphomet is offline View user's profile Send private message View baphomet's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent been able to play drums in a while but ive been practicing my vocals,
i think that i sound now more like chris barnes and that new guy from decapitated, inseminated that chick from otep, but she had been raised by feral pigs..

i wish i could get to a set again. i kinda need it, you know? Depressed
its annoying not being able to drum for so long.
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 11884

masmasmas9 is offline View user's profile Send private message masmasmas9's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

bass. played for 3/4 year. use the familliar galloping style, going on a guitar school. doing some vokills, but dont know if they are good because none of my friends listens to Death metal. Black metal or doom metal. been listning to metal a year now and realy quick i got adicted to Extreme metal, and bass. but i play some classical instruments to. tuba, trombone and baritone. else nothing just listning to:
Skyfire
Lordi
Cannibal corpse
Funeral
Epica
Avantasia
Dream theater
arch enemy Yes Yes
USA necrophile
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 4597

necrophile is offline View user's profile Send private message necrophile's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarist, i play a lot of brutal tech, one of my main influences being Suffocation. I enjoy listening to a lot of New York style death metal bands and I would love to start a band in that vein.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Musicians All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: