Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Should Jeric reconsider Candlemass?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should Candlemass be allowed here?
Fuck yes, the kings of DOOM!
43%
 43%  [ 21 ]
Nope
37%
 37%  [ 18 ]
Maybe
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Who is Candlemass?
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 48

USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4447

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What the Doctor said. ^^^

We can't make everyone happy here. So if someone is going to get pissed off, it might as well be CJ. (And if this doesn't piss him off enuf, then let's find something else that will -- it's called being fair.)
Commander

Member#: 5612

Bad_Taste is offline View user's profile Send private message View Bad_Taste's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

postmaster666 wrote:
only Epicus Doomicus Metallicus....for its impact on the genre.

Peace

I say YES for the whole discography! Classic band! Shucks
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

aiolyfe wrote:
What the Doctor said. ^^^

We can't make everyone happy here. So if someone is going to get pissed off, it might as well be CJ. (And if this doesn't piss him off enuf, then let's find something else that will -- it's called being fair.)

fair play indeed... to get eeeevrybody generally pissed off
Columbia Azdragar
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SeclusionSolution wrote:
I just wanna add to this thread that Bathory latest two additions showed me that some things just don´t belong to this station profile.

Whereas the the first added record had at least kinda spookiness the latest two just are epic and ambient chants (like carols) that don´t belong here.

So some bands just have to stay out or they open doors to any further dilluted stuff.

IMO Peace

Matt, Bathory belongs to this station and to any metal music stuff, cuz Quorthon did a great job helping with his music to develop other genres. I can't believe you think like a "brutal radical bree" who gets pissed off with each thing where a clean voice sounds. This station, like the whole website around the world is a business. that's why it's growing stronger each day, so inevitably it becomes a commercial podcast, not an underground "only death brutal" metal like years ago. For this reason is "Death.F(ucking)M(etal) - A Brutal & Beautiful Blend of Black, Death, Doom, Goth, & Gore w/Requests", so old members like you and many others may accept this undesired change (for yours) and open your minds to news like me and thousands who will break that close gate to only Death and brutal musical sounds. Thanks a lot for your support, i know without your and other old members this station wouldn't grow, but that's the fkn globalization. Business are business.
Btw, I'm not a fan of Candlemass, but i say yes to the CJ's post.

EMBRACE MY SOUL
Papua Newguinea SeclusionSolution RIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2031

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Im no breetalist. So I see your globoli point there. Grin

But I have to oppose it has been global before as well, so I see no affront there onto diversity. Anyhow if you guys want to keep it in your musical way there just the option to go for donation cause I don´t think Jeric will ever make it a sponsored, commercialized station. It is private and so is taste.

Over years of watching the tendencies of the station it was always the same:
They came, demanded tons of music and records, stayed for a beer and left without paying. This is not a allegation to members taking the service. A lot pay for RIP. But records don´t come free either.

Short: ppl come and go and want "their" music. The playlist grows like a hedgefond to unmeassureable sizes without having a benefit at all. Same old song, same old queue. Here and there a new band. Some additions (demanded by members before) just dust on in the corner.

If it´s about diversity it would just be an easy say: "Just add complete MA if you´re millionaire" Thnx Peace

Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Seclu, that had to be one of the most rambling posts you have ever done, I'm not sure I get the point you were trying to make. Peace

Memento Mori
Commodore
Commodore

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Seclu, that had to be one of the most rambling posts you have ever done, I'm not sure I get the point you were trying to make. Peace

Sorry but i have shifted priorities atm. So I made a fast breed. But still I think my argument is readable.

I agree it´s drifting away from candlemass or bathory topic. It´s about new bands in general and members wanting music to get added.

USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Doctor was just saying that overall the queue playlist hasn't really changed over the years --- it's been the same usual bands with a sprinkling of new shit every once in a while, and people just like to complain about that "new shit" (yep, I'm guilty of that too).

I agree.
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SeclusionSolution wrote:
Im no breetalist. So I see your globoli point there. Grin

But I have to oppose it has been global before as well, so I see no affront there onto diversity. Anyhow if you guys want to keep it in your musical way there just the option to go for donation cause I don´t think Jeric will ever make it a sponsored, commercialized station. It is private and so is taste.

Over years of watching the tendencies of the station it was always the same:
They came, demanded tons of music and records, stayed for a beer and left without paying. This is not a allegation to members taking the service. A lot pay for RIP. But records don´t come free either.

Short: ppl come and go and want "their" music. The playlist grows like a hedgefond to unmeassureable sizes without having a benefit at all. Same old song, same old queue. Here and there a new band. Some additions (demanded by members before) just dust on in the corner.

If it´s about diversity it would just be an easy say: "Just add complete MA if you´re millionaire" Thnx Peace

Wow MAtt, that was deep. Cool . OK!
EMBRACE MY SOUL
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

aiolyfe wrote:
I think the Doctor was just saying that overall the queue playlist hasn't really changed over the years --- it's been the same usual bands with a sprinkling of new shit every once in a while, and people just like to complain about that "new shit" (yep, I'm guilty of that too).

I agree.

thnx aioprof Silly our intelligent intellect connect Silly

USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SeclusionSolution wrote:
thnx aioprof Silly our intelligent intellect connect Silly

Wink OK!
Finland ruthven
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11256

ruthven is offline View user's profile Send private message ruthven's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I said yea!!1
Canada urielms
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9192

urielms is offline View user's profile Send private message View urielms's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Azdragar wrote:
SeclusionSolution wrote:
I just wanna add to this thread that Bathory latest two additions showed me that some things just don´t belong to this station profile.

Whereas the the first added record had at least kinda spookiness the latest two just are epic and ambient chants (like carols) that don´t belong here.

So some bands just have to stay out or they open doors to any further dilluted stuff.

IMO Peace

Matt, Bathory belongs to this station and to any metal music stuff, cuz Quorthon did a great job helping with his music to develop other genres. I can't believe you think like a "brutal radical bree" who gets pissed off with each thing where a clean voice sounds. This station, like the whole website around the world is a business. that's why it's growing stronger each day, so inevitably it becomes a commercial podcast, not an underground "only death brutal" metal like years ago. For this reason is "Death.F(ucking)M(etal) - A Brutal & Beautiful Blend of Black, Death, Doom, Goth, & Gore w/Requests", so old members like you and many others may accept this undesired change (for yours) and open your minds to news like me and thousands who will break that close gate to only Death and brutal musical sounds. Thanks a lot for your support, i know without your and other old members this station wouldn't grow, but that's the fkn globalization. Business are business.
Btw, I'm not a fan of Candlemass, but i say yes to the CJ's post.

Well said AZDRA and i think that Candlemass is a legend and would be appropriate to join this playlist.
Captain

Member#: 2087

metalero is offline View user's profile Send private message metalero's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This legend deserve a place in this hell
Stlucia RAM
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 8800

RAM is offline View user's profile Send private message RAM's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

and then while were at it, venom, exodus, merciful fate, kreator ect. Woah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: