Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Getting registered [solved]

View previous topic :: View next topic 
France littlehorn
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 5407

littlehorn is offline View user's profile Send private message littlehorn's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:03 am   Post subject: Getting registered [solved] Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I've long wanted to get a taste of the 128k stream, and the only reason I haven't tried before is because I knew I didn't have the necessary tools to do it. Namely, no credit cards. Yet, even now that I do, I find myself trapped by stupid banking regulations that mean I'm powerless to do anything.

Thus, I can use neither Amazon Gifts nor Paypal in order to pay the small $5 fee. My only chance is for someone to volunteer to serve as intermediary between me and the RIP membership. That would involve me sending the money in some form, and of course, I would need a name & address, which is dodgy on the internet, I suppose, except that I'm just gonna send five fucking dollars.

Is anyone up for that?

Last edited by littlehorn on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You aren't Nigerian are you? Will this be $10 million dollars? LOL

Memento Mori
France littlehorn
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

littlehorn is offline View user's profile Send private message littlehorn's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be slightly less than 5€ although with the cost of sending the money it's probably gonna amount to a little more than that. So anyway, you're up for it then?
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone help littlehorn out? He tried to pay with Amazon.fr gift certificates but we cannot redeem them. He's legit, so help him out if you can.

Thanks,
JERIC

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont need an rip to listen to the better streams...
France littlehorn
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't checked the 'Click Here to Listen' page in a while. You're right, it's now the same category, and there is therefore no reason for me to get a RIP membership. Good thing I have a crappy credit card, I could have wasted 5€ for no good reason. I guess that's a problem solved then.
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

good that thing got solver...
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 4176

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message View SiriusCreations's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

littlehorn wrote:
Good thing I have a crappy credit card, I could have wasted 5€ for no good reason. I guess that's a problem solved then.

Actually your 5€ was not wasted, with that money you support this station for buying new albums and all kinds of costs like server/bandwidth roalties. Wink

Anyway no matter if you have a RIP or not enjoy your stay and the music here.
France littlehorn
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

'Would not have been wasted,' you mean. I know that it could have worked out as a donation, but I had the specific aim of 128k streams in mind, and thus it would have been fraudulent to make me pay for something that wasn't on offer anymore.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

littlehorn wrote:
'Would not have been wasted,' you mean. I know that it could have worked out as a donation, but I had the specific aim of 128k streams in mind, and thus it would have been fraudulent to make me pay for something that wasn't on offer anymore.

WTF!? LOL

Memento Mori
Netherlands SiriusCreations RIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 4176

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message View SiriusCreations's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

littlehorn wrote:
.... thus it would have been fraudulent to make me pay for something that wasn't on offer anymore.

That you had to pay for better quality stream changed a long time ago and atm there is no mentioning of getting better quality when you are RIP. So I do not see why it is fraudulant. If there is a part where it says so please tell us.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SiriusCreations wrote:
littlehorn wrote:
.... thus it would have been fraudulent to make me pay for something that wasn't on offer anymore.

That you had to pay for better quality stream changed a long time ago and atm there is no mentioning of getting better quality when you are RIP. So I do not see why it is fraudulant. If there is a part where it says so please tell us.

I say fuck him and make him pay for it, or prevent him from becoming an RIP and getting any music at all. But this is just the asshole talking.
USA spinemaggot
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4007

spinemaggot is offline View user's profile Send private message spinemaggot's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

littlehorn wrote:
I hadn't checked the 'Click Here to Listen' page in a while. You're right, it's now the same category, and there is therefore no reason for me to get a RIP membership. Good thing I have a crappy credit card, I could have wasted 5€ for no good reason. I guess that's a problem solved then.

No, you would never be wasting your money in DFM. The money that is contributed whether in donations or RIP membership goes to, amongst other things buy new music. I, for example, get to know between 2-5 new bands every update. That's enough for me to keep my RIP. However, I understand that not everybody can afford 5-6 bucks a month to support the only site and station dedicated to their otherwise ostracized music by the retarded majority members of society. Also, don't forget you get to request more often in the queue and you get a lil tombstone next to your name, which should make you proud to put your money where your ears are. I therefore will help you to have a taste of what it is like to be a supporting proud maggot at DFM. You are RIP now, use it. The pleasure is mine.
France littlehorn
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SiriusCreations wrote:
littlehorn wrote:

Not really. But this thread started with me explaining why I wanted to register. Clarification on the 'new status' of 128k streams was a bit late in coming I felt. But nevermind all that. Also, thanks to the one who donated the RIP status to me, but I don't particularly need it. I'm not a user of requests. I really wanted it solely for the 128k streams. Cheers though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: