Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

The Genre of "Metal"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 2560

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail BuyerQueen's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:21 am   Post subject: The Genre of "Metal" Reply with quote

The genre of "Metal" no longer exists at Death.FM. I have made album corrections to over 700 albums in the database. It has taken me almost 10 days to do so. Just so you know, I don't just correct the genre once in the album file, it has to be corrected for each track, so if you figure each album has an average of 10 tracks, then I've made over 7000 corrections.

I used Metal Archives as the comparison to get the correct genre. If you feel it is incorrect, too fucking bad. Just kidding - you can send me a correction and I will verify it with the band's site (if they have one).

You should now be able to search the playlist by genre and get more bands and albums for the genre you prefer.

I hope everyone finds this useful.

Enjoy!

BQ
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 3336

Modos is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Modos's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great job BQ.

Many thanks Yes
Brazil Coolbrutal
Captain
Captain

Member#: 8058

Coolbrutal is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Coolbrutal's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

is good BQ...
diginferno

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job, BQ! Cool Thank you for putting the time and effort into it!

.:: ::.
neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10314

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome - it was quite confusing to check online most of the "metal" bands before!
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Canada tesseract RIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10702

tesseract is offline View user's profile Send private message View tesseract's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this. Yes
PostmasterDCLXVI RIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 4680

PostmasterDCLXVI is offline View user's profile Send private message PostmasterDCLXVI's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the effort taken to get the corrections done. Thanks a lot! Yes
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

woooo, you must have been bored Smile .. kiddin' OK!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:09 pm   Post subject: Re: The Genre of "Metal" Reply with quote

BuyerQueen wrote:
The genre of "Metal" no longer exists at Death.FM. I have made album corrections to over 700 albums in the database. It has taken me almost 10 days to do so. Just so you know, I don't just correct the genre once in the album file, it has to be corrected for each track, so if you figure each album has an average of 10 tracks, then I've made over 7000 corrections.

I used Metal Archives as the comparison to get the correct genre. If you feel it is incorrect, too fucking bad. Just kidding - you can send me a correction and I will verify it with the band's site (if they have one).

You should now be able to search the playlist by genre and get more bands and albums for the genre you prefer.

Enjoy!

BQ

I wish you would have let me do somthing like this. I love doing time consuming stuff like this...
Australia Wally
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2951

Wally is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Wally's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:21 am   Post subject: Re: The Genre of "Metal" Reply with quote

Dark wrote:
BuyerQueen wrote:

Enjoy!

BQ

I wish you would have let me do somthing like this. I love doing time consuming stuff like this...

i thought you beat'd your meat every night
USA BuyerQueen

Member#: 2560

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail BuyerQueen's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark - I would have loved to pass this along, but it had to be done on the server, and we limit the number of people who have access......not that we don't trust people or anything. Wink

BQ
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:33 am   Post subject: Re: The Genre of "Metal" Reply with quote

Wally wrote:
Dark wrote:
BuyerQueen wrote:

Enjoy!

BQ

You should get rid of Digi, Modos and Smoke and make me a mod. Im like a 3 for 1 package. Then i could do all the awesome work.
Germany Modos RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 3336

Modos is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Modos's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:54 am   Post subject: Re: The Genre of "Metal" Reply with quote

Dark wrote:
Wally wrote:
Dark wrote:
BuyerQueen wrote:

Enjoy!

BQ

You should get rid of Digi, Modos and Smoke and make me a mod. Im like a 3 for 1 package. Then i could do all the awesome work.

That´s Admin stuff Wink
Stlucia RAM
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 8800

RAM is offline View user's profile Send private message RAM's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job!! i really appreciate your effort
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: