Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

I wish these forums we're popular
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA HeadlessBeast
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8829

HeadlessBeast is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View HeadlessBeast's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:15 am   Post subject: I wish these forums we're popular Reply with quote

These forums are pretty nice because we don't have any issue with people spamming, (although some may consider this post as spam,) we don't have issues with people doing stupid stuff in general on these forums. It's pretty nice here, but I wouldn't mind more popularity here, would you? I'm trying to start advertising DFM more often by sharing it on my facebook and sending messages to people who look as if they enjoy Death or Black stuff.

So do YOU want to see these forums raise in popularity or is that just me?

Have you done anything recently to get more members on DFM?

It was actually really cool because when I posted DFM link, everyone liked my post and commented with a thank you letting me know how awesome it is. That's my personal experience from it all. Yes
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that supposed to be "I wish these forums were popular"? Are you JERIC's marketing? Have you checked the members count? How many of those people are active?

Also, there is almost no spam because there are people like me who remove it before it bothers too many people.

*edit: Most important - Death.FM is NOT a forum. This is a web radio station. The forums are here for the members of the station to interact with each other and with the management, as opposed to the station being an accessory to the forums as your suggestion implies.

.:: ::.
USA HeadlessBeast
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

HeadlessBeast is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View HeadlessBeast's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, but I am still sticking to what I think should happen. No I am not related to Death FM in the means of advertising at all, I just try to promote to the best of my ability to see more members rise. Your objecting to me doing this?

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sort of. I wouldn't want to deal with more people asking for core or asking around why don't we have Slayer in the playlist.

USA HeadlessBeast
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
Yes, sort of. I wouldn't want to deal with more people asking for core or asking around why don't we have Slayer in the playlist.

Core sucks, but I don't mind a few tracks every once and while. Fine. I'll stop promoting.
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

HeadlessBeast wrote:
diginferno wrote:

Core sucks, but I don't mind a few tracks every once and while. Fine. I'll stop promoting.
digi, you are so optimistic, maybe you could have more blackdoomfolkdeath metal people like me... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind that, Basher Smile

Truth be told, I've been a bit cranky lately and all I could see was a bunch of people using the forums for things that were unrelated to the station and the music we have here and that's why I raised the drawbridge.

China cherubian
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1184

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Digi. Nobody wants more Core here. But I also would like to see DFM more popular. Gonna promote it here in China!

Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cherubian wrote:
Hey Digi. Nobody wants more Core here. But I also would like to see DFM more popular. Gonna promote it here in China!

I havent seen you in ages...
Germany Pyrates
Commander
Commander

Member#: 83

Pyrates is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Pyrates's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what? You're objecting to someone promoting Dfm? I sorta don't see the sense in that, more listeners/rips would always be beneficial, even if that means an increased spam count... I'd also be very surprised if Jeric said "Well, it's enough, let's not have more people here". I think carrying it on by word of mouth is exactly the right thing for dfm Smile
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyrates wrote:
Wait, what? You're objecting to someone promoting Dfm? I sorta don't see the sense in that, more listeners/rips would always be beneficial, even if that means an increased spam count... I'd also be very surprised if Jeric said "Well, it's enough, let's not have more people here". I think carrying it on by word of mouth is exactly the right thing for dfm Smile

1 likes
PostmasterDCLXVI RIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 4680

PostmasterDCLXVI is offline View user's profile Send private message PostmasterDCLXVI's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cherubian wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Glad to see you alive High Priest Cherub!!! Cool

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I see there is a misunderstanding here. This is a web station, not just a forum, and it would be nice if people would perceive its nature prior to offering to promote "the forums".

You can link to us as much as you want, we even have dynamic forum signatures here, but don't send any kind of spam on behalf of this station. The initial suggestion sounds spammy and we do NOT support such attitudes.

I hope this sheds some light on the whole thing.

Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

How much more popular can they be, I have way over 5000 posts. LOL Grin

Memento Mori
Germany Stuka_Kommandant
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cherubian wrote:

OMG Shocked , cherub!!! I haven't seen You for ages, my friend.
What the hell are you doing in China! Replicate Mercedes cars?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: