Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Persistent long Q vs. long songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany Stuka_Kommandant
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

urielms wrote:
DOOM.FM that would be a nice touch lol

That would really be THE solution, urielms!!! OK!
And by way of good-bye, my *Junkers-baby*
'rocks' its wings all the way up and down...
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Wink Cool Peace
neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10314

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Basher wrote:
urielms wrote:
neckfreak wrote:
Screw the long q, i'm sick of waiting for 3 songs 10 min + to finish, so that i request a 2 min song. Some long songs are really welcome, but 5 doomsters in the q can have the play list for themselves only. I am working hard and i just don't see the benefit of being a RIP, if i have to stare at the damn screen all the time, instead of doing whatever i am actually doing and requesting from time to time. Just think of a DOOM.FM project to solve all of these issues.
Shocked Woah do think that us "blackers and doomsters" enjoy 18 songs of brutal death or bree in a row neckie....LOL Very Happy Peace so shut up and try to enjoy Yes

Basher, this thread is about the LENGTH of the que and not good/bad music buddy. WAKE UP! Is everyone THAT keen on that topic?!?
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

neckfreak wrote:
Basher wrote:
urielms wrote:
neckfreak wrote:
Screw the long q, i'm sick of waiting for 3 songs 10 min + to finish, so that i request a 2 min song. Some long songs are really welcome, but 5 doomsters in the q can have the play list for themselves only. I am working hard and i just don't see the benefit of being a RIP, if i have to stare at the damn screen all the time, instead of doing whatever i am actually doing and requesting from time to time. Just think of a DOOM.FM project to solve all of these issues.
Shocked Woah do think that us "blackers and doomsters" enjoy 18 songs of brutal death or bree in a row neckie....LOL Very Happy Peace so shut up and try to enjoy Yes

Basher, this thread is about the LENGTH of the que and not good/bad music buddy. WAKE UP! Is everyone THAT keen on that topic?!?
neckie but this issue has gone back towards limiting the song lenghts on queue, and this station will miss lot of its variety by doing so.

Your point is that " Some long songs are really welcome, but 5 doomsters in the q can have the play list for themselves only", i just fill the list of my own opinion, that there is normally around 18 brutal death metal or core songs in a row.

I have calculated that around 1/5 of the songs played here are over 10 minutes long and under half or so of those is actually doom metal, mostly long songs are death or black metal songs.

Doomsters have been requesting shorter songs for long time, and some of the old doomsters have already left for good from this station.

this issue is delegate and you see what happens if some one like me opens his mouth against "overwhelming mass of breesters" in this channel. "they should have own channel for long songs", "their music is so boring", "why you play this shit" are only few of the comments made here by "true death metal people" in here.

it is easy to blame the ones who love longer songs, but actually what i am trying to say here that is not the solution, to limit out practically whole genre from here.

if any limitations ought to be made i would success that kind of thing that we would not limit the requests only by time like once in 30 minutes, that also when queue length gets longer we could limit the amount of requests/user in queue.

That might sound brutal, but that way more rips can request songs to queue, and variety of the queue is intact. This rule could start to work for example when the queue is over 2:45 long or something like that.

then the system could be like
@ 2:30 only 5 request/user on queue made once in ½ hour
@ 2:45 only 3 request/user on queue made once in 1 hour
@3:00 only 1 request/user on queue made once in 2 hour
@3:30 no additions to queue until queue lenght has dropped to 3:00!

also no deletions from the queue
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12319

satanhatta_metalord is offline View user's profile Send private message satanhatta_metalord's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD SOLUTION
it is really annoying
USA HeadlessBeast
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8829

HeadlessBeast is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View HeadlessBeast's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Not to brag or anything, but i've contributed a lot to how many members we have here today. Just sayin. Snicker
Lieutenant

Member#: 8829

HeadlessBeast is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View HeadlessBeast's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

satanhatta_metalord wrote:
GOOD SOLUTION
it is really annoying

Couldn't agree more.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: