Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

PR: ABYSS RECORDS Extreme Underground Metal Music Label
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 164, 165, 166  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 13491

MichaelMcCoyII is offline View user's profile Send private message MichaelMcCoyII's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead Horse Reunion Show
with specail guests
Venomous Maximus / Bowel / Legion

Join us in the Ballroom on Saturday October 22nd for Dead Horse with Venomous Maximus, Bowel and Legion.

Doors: 7:30PM
Show: 8:30PM

All Ages

Tickets $15

Tickets are available for purchase at the Box Office or online here http://warehouselive.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php?a=1&lid=56053&eid=63977

Event page: www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.219944958028197.57366.164573050232055&type=1#!/event.php?eid=197180503662409
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

MichaelMcCoyII is offline View user's profile Send private message MichaelMcCoyII's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ITEM OF THE DAY

TENET - SOVEREIGN CD - $12.00 + S/H

Features Gene Hoglan (ex-Death, ex-Testament) on drums and Steve "Zetro" Souza (ex-Exodus) on vocals

1. Being and Nothingness
2. Indulge Me
3. Crown of Thorns
4. Unnameable
5. Take a Long Line
6. Going Down
7. Hail! Hail!
8. Watching You Burn
9. Sovereign

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_29&products_id=8817
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SOUTHWICKED Interview by www.doseofmetal.com

Allen West was one of the most important people in the early Death Metal scene. As a founding member of Massacre, Obituary, and Six Feet Under, West cemented his place in the history of Death Metal.
In the past couple of years West seemingly dropped out of the public eye when he was imprisoned for 18 months, but he has gotten his life back on track and is back with his new band SouthWicked.

Dose of Metal: Hi Allen, thank you for agreeing to do this interview. How are you doing?

Allen West: Hey Guido, I'm doing well.

DoM: After you've left Obituary in 2006, you've kind of dropped out of the public eye. For 18 months you've been in jail for DUI. Could you go a bit into details about how your time in jail was? How it changed you, if at all, and how your friends and family reacted to your imprisonment?

AW: My time in jail was a learning experience. I was in Gainesville, Florida in a program for drugs and alcohol. It was hard on my family of course, I learned a lot about things and people there.

DoM: As I've noted above, you've left Obituary in 2006 after releasing the reunion album, Frozen In Time, a year before. Why did you leave the band after this album and do you think you'll ever work with the guys in Obituary again?

AW: Obituary told me that when I get out of jail, I would be back in the band. Then when I got out, they didn't want me anymore.

DoM: What do you think of the Obituary albums that were recorded without you?

AW: I haven't listened to any of them.

DoM: In addition to being a forming member of Obituary, you've also been an original member of Six Feet Under and Massacre. When you look back at the times with all these classic Death Metal bands, which bands did you have the best time with and which one featured your favorite work?

AW: I think Six Feet Under was my favorite.

DoM: You've left Six Feet Under in 1998. Some sources say that you've left SFU to go back to Obituary, some say you've been kicked out of SFU. Why exactly did you leave Six Feet Under?

AW: Me and Chris started the band together, he kind of took over like he was the boss. I didn't want to write any more songs under those strange circumstances.

DoM: After you've left Six Feet Under, the band changed their sound and never released an album as critically successful as Haunted. What do you think of their work after your departure?

AW: I haven't heard any of the new stuff. I'm sure it is different.

DoM: You've recently started a new band, called SouthWicked. What can people expect from this band in the future?

AW: My new band is struggling for recognition. I like the music and I will be patient until more people hear it. We signed a deal with Abyss Records, maybe that will help a lot.

DoM: You're considered to have been one of the first people to play a certain style in the 1980's that was later called Death Metal. Do you think of yourself as pioneer within this genre? How do you view the further development the genre has gone through over the years?

AW: Yes, I think of myself as a pioneer. I guess the scene is still good. A lot of new bands sure showed up.

DoM: Do you currently have any favorite new Death Metal bands?

AW: No.

DoM: I'm gonna list a couple of musicians you've worked with or who replaced you in your former bands. Feel free to share your opinion on them:

- Chris Barnes
AW: Chris is cool. Maybe the coolest person I've worked with. He has returned to his old self and I partied with him in Antwerp.

- John Tardy
AW: John Tardy is misunderstood. I'm not going to say anything bad about him.

- Terry Butler
AW: Damn, he has been in every band. He is a solid bass player and over the years he has mellowed out and every now and then has some fun.

- Ralph Santolla
AW: Oh boy, old crazy ass Ralph... He is the coolest one in the band. I was in Berlin with my new band the night Obituary played and me and Ralph got along great.

- Steve Swanson
AW: He has always been nice to me, I don't know him that well.

DoM: Is there anything else you want to tell your readers at doseofmetal.com?

AW: I just want the fans to give SouthWicked a chance. We have some live stuff on YouTube and our CD will be in stores soon, I hope. Also online as well... and to the fans: keep supporting Death Metal! I hope to see everyone soon... Al.

DoM: Thank you for your time!

Interview link: www.doseofmetal.com/2011/08/interview-allen-west/

Southwicked links:

Myspace: www.myspace.com/southwicked

Facebook: www.facebook.com/southwicked

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/southwicked

Abyss Records links:

Online Label & Online Music Store: www.officialabyssrecords.com

Myspace: www.myspace.com/abyssrecordsofficial

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Abyss-Records/164573050232055

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/label/abyssrecords

Last fm: www.last.fm/label/AbyssRecords

Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/MinionfortheAbyss

Other links:

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8GT4wVxeJg
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BANE (Serbia) - Chaos, Darkness & Emptiness DIGI CD review by http://metalbelieve.blogspot.com

By Morbid Deceiver

Bane is a black/death metal band from Novi Sad, Serbia that started off in 2006, but had some problems and were on hold for a couple of years. They released a demo in 2007 and an EP in 2010, but their full length album “Chaos, Darkness and Emptiness” was released October of 2010.
I honestly didn’t think that in Serbia there was such an active metal scene, until I listened to these guys.
I am not a big fan of black metal or anything related to black metal, but Bane’s album blew my mind away. Their songs incorporate a mix of symphonic elements with oldschool black metal riffs and vocals and a death metal drum line.
The album also has a melodic touch to it, we can find some clean vocals in songs such as “Pandemonium”, and also clean riffs in “Lost shadows”.
The interesting thing is that the album is very organized: the first song and the last song are both instrumental, symphonic that is, and it is an awesome way to start an album, in my opinion.

There is also another instrumental song in the middle of the album, so it’s like you get off to a calm start, then you get into the hard part of the album, then you take a break, after that you start with the hard part again and in the end you can rest again.
It is a very original album, as I said before , they manage to condense a lot of styles in every song, without making them chaotic or tiring.
In what concernes the lyrics, they are basically talking about life, evolution, death, suffering, disease - every song is a poem .
To conclude, I believe “Chaos, Darkness and Emptiness” is a great album, and every listener and non-listener of black metal and subgenres of black metal should give it a try cause it’s really worth it, and also if you have the opportunity to see these guys live, don’t hesitate, because they put on a hell of a show.

The current line-up for Bane is:
Branislav - Vocals and guitar
Novelja – Vocals and bass
Sabbathorn – Guitars
Occvltvm Mallevs – Drums

Favourite songs: The True Insomnia, Pandemonium, Plague Upon Yourself , Abhorrence

Rating: 10

Review link: http://metalbelieve.blogspot.com/2011/10/bane-chaos-darkness-emptiness-2010.html

Bane links:

Myspace: www.myspace.com/baneband

Facebook: www.facebook.com/baneband

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/baneband

Abyss Records links:

Online Label & Music Store: www.officialabyssrecords.com

Other links:

To purchase BANE - Chaos, Darkness & Emptiness DIGI CD featuring bonus Dark Funeral cover go to: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=10306

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP0LoHYAEBE

Last edited by MichaelMcCoyII on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ITEM OF THE DAY

ANGEL REAPER - ANGEL RIPPING METAL CD - $10.00 + S/H

Released on CD limited to 1000 copies.

Track 1-9 A végzet utolér demo from 1989.
Track 10-17 Exhumált világ demo from 1992.
Track 18-20 Demo I from 1987.

1. Induló
2. Condor légió
3. Fekete őrség
4. A magyarok nyilaitól ments meg uram minket
5. Kannibálok támadása
6. Ősi dicsőség
7. Apokalipszis lovasai
8. A végzet utolér
9. Evil Death
10. Exhumált világ
11. Élve eltemetve
12. A halál határán
13. Reinkarnáció
14. Nukleáris pusztulás
15. A kéj birodalma
16. A brutális gyilkosság
17. Vérengző evolúció
18. Apokalipszis lovasai
19. Evil Death
20. Fekete kéz

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=11356
Belgium tracher999
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13119

tracher999 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website tracher999's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shit tnx guys
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The GARDNERZ (Sweden) Interview by www.funeralwedding.com

By funeralwedding

I contacted Wilhelm a little while ago via myspace for more information about the band and give us some more news about what’s to come for these gardeners Swedes.

1. For those who do not know it, give us a brief history of the band until the recording debut.

Wilhelm Lindh - This band started out as a solo project in the summer of 2008, I just wanted to do what ever came to mind playing wise. My idea was to mix the early Katatonia sound with death metal for example bolt thrower, death and that kind of a thing, I wanted to mix all my favorite bands to try to create something I could call my own.The songs as you can hear them today have parts recorded from 2008 until 2010. And in that time some members came and some went. Now we are Niclas Ankarbranth vocals -Wilhelm Lindh (Myself) – Guitar Francisco Martín bass. Juan Pablo Donoso drums.

2. Upon hearing the first chords of The Art of Suffering, we soon come to mind the early 90′s where bands were a death / doom play at raw way, it was thought a certain way or just move in that direction eventually happened.

Wilhelm Lindh - That was the first song I wrote for this band and then it was pure Katatonia worship on my part. As I said before I wanted to mix Katatonia/doom and death metal. So some songs have more of the doom element and some have more of the death element. I think the first songs were more doom and the latter were more death, I guess in the sense that they were more technical, most of them are pure doom in the tempo but maybe a bit more up tempo in the riffing. I think it turned out good since the album got varied, even if it is generally speaking kind of slow.

3. How is the process of publishing the album System of Nature?

Wilhelm Lindh - Well the thing is that before we sent out any promo copies or anything we got contacted by two labels that somehow found our MySpace, and we decided to go with Abyss records for the cd version. We had already made promo copies of the album so we sent those out to magazines and such.

4. I believe that people who are starting on the scene a short time only know the name of Vulcano. How was the choice of Bloody Vengeance and why?

Wilhelm Lindh - That was our bass players idea, I myself hadent listend to Vulcano that much but he showed me the song and I thought that we could make something cool with it.

5. I know that System of Nature was recently released, but soon you plan to enter the studio to record their second album. And what we can expect from this new material?

Wilhelm Lindh - The album is only out as promos as out yet, the last we heard was that it is gonna be out in may /june sometime through Abyss Records. We are also gonna have it released on gatefold LP by Mechanix Records around the same time.
We have material for our second album already done, and we are talking about starting to record a new album or a ep in the winter. I would say that we are keeping with the same style as on “System” but the songs are a bit slower and longer. We have tried just to keep doing what we like to do, and that is to do doomy death metal.

6. You were part of one of the most respected names in the Doom scene, Tristitia, what memories you have of that time.

Wilhelm Lindh - I was only in Tristitia for a very brief time, but I thought it was very cool to play with them. Louis was working on new stuff so we were jamming on two or three new songs. But unfortunately nothing came of it. We played together in a death metal band called Devastator, as well, we did a demo but nothing more.

7. Make a comparative profile of the scene at the time of Tristitia and now with The Gardnerz. The difficulties to promote their work, poor recordings, etc.

Wilhelm Lindh - I cant really comment to much since as I was not in the band when they were really going at it, but I know that Louis was struggling for many years with finding members and such. I guess the main issue was since they couldn’t get a stable line up it was hard to do gigs, and if you can’t do gigs it’s hard to promote your band. We have similar problems with The Gardnerz, the Swedish scene is really not what it was, now days everyone wants to play metal core and that is no fun.

8. Thanks for this short interview, let us his final considerations, and make sure that we contact you again soon.

Wilhelm Lindh - Thanks for letting me ramble on, keep it slow and keep your eyes out for our debut album The System Of Nature!
Hope to be talking to you soon again.
Cheers!
Wilhelm.

Interview link: www.funeralwedding.com/?p=895

The Gardnerz links:

Myspace: www.myspace.com/thegardnerz

Facebook: www.facebook.com/thegardnerz

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/thegardnerz

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

To purchase The GARDNERZ - The System of Nature DIGI CD go to: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=11199

To purchase The GARDNERZ - 'The System of Nature' Gatefold LP and T-Shirts go to: www.thegardnerz.com

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iXL-YXoWSk
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OUT TODAY ~ OCTOBER 10th, 2011

MAAX (U.S.) - Unholy Rock and Roll DIGI CD

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYmZLEnfZ1o

Order link: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=11284

More MAAX Merchandise Available

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=maax&x=11&y=7
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ITEM OF THE DAY

TERRORIZER MAGAZINE (U.K.) - 1 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION (13 ISSUES) - $49.00 + S/H

UNITED STATES & CANADA orders ONLY!!!!! (NOT for EUROPE)

Terrorizer & Abyss Records are proud to be able to make you a subscription offer you just can't refuse - 13 issues for just $49, saving you over $70 on bookstore prices!

Why go to all the trouble of walking all the way to the shops to get your monthly feast of extreme metal goodness from Terrorizer when, from the comfort of your armchair, you can order your copies from us directly and have them delivered through your door before the magazine hits the shops, and even better you can save a load of money!

A subscription will include all magazines published over twelve months (13 issues) and Fear Candy cover-mount CDs. All this for just $49! (USA and Canada only.)

Please allow 28 days for your order to be processed. Delivery of your magazine is dependent on your local postal service. Orders outside Europe may take two weeks to arrive (but you should still get it before it is in your local shops!).
PLEASE NOTE orders will come from Terrorizer Magazine, not from Abyss Records as all orders are forwarded to them to process. Thanks!!!

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?cPath=94&products_id=9878
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

HAT (Norway) - Vortex of Death DIGI CD review by www.norsksvartmetall.com

By norsksvartmetall

The second album from this orthodox Black Metal band who take their cue from the likes of Gorgoroth and early Dřdheimsgard. Outside Norway the band name may seem like something you put on your head, but ’hat’ is Norwegian for ‘hatred, and this is a simmering rage of fast, orthodox Black Metal with bursts of industrial frigidity. This is an album you need to listen to in its entirety as a few songs here and there may deprive you of this bands quite mesmerizing musical arrangements. There is a twist in every track, a brooding section, a ghostly industrial muse, a haunting flirtation, a glacial contemplation. All these clever interludes in the abrasive chaos of the furious music's main essence transform what could have been a mundane experience into a through provoking, enjoyable one.

Review link: www.norsksvartmetall.com/albums36.htm

Hat links:

Myspace: www.myspace.com/Evighat

Facebook : www.facebook.com/pages/Hat/154439157951339

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/evighat

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

To purchase HAT - Vortex of Death DIGI CD and other HAT merchandise go to:
www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=hat+vortex

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX-KoqPnUJY
or www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7XWXxp5LRk

And to preview a song from there first release "The Demise of Mankind" go to:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJD28wHlPpU
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gardnerz (Sweden) The System of Nature review DIGI CD by www.funeralwedding.com

By funeralwedding

At first chords that play automatically leads to the early 90s where the scene doom / death was played so raw and Paradise Lost, Anathema and Katatonia had not flirted with other styles, or even relieved the foot of the "very dirty" .
The opening track The Art of Suffering , we remember what the great Dance of December Souls, performed in a simple yet melodious. Your Final Solution is a pretty cool gig guitar and where Mr.. Niclas Ankarbranth unleashes his voice, sometimes howled and sometimes obnoxious. Flaw In The Axiom has a death grip more, but with some great guitar melodies and is also the highest range, reaching up to 6 minutes. More or Less is a band that deserves with the low scoring early in the song and his progress mezzo mezzo death and doom rifferama a guitar to die for. It is worth highlighting the fact that the guitarist had played in Wilhelm Lindh Tristitia. If you've enjoyed his former band, it is likely that this too short.

This review was originally written in Portuguese and has been translated using Goggle Translate. To view the original review in Portuguese click the link below...

Review link: www.funeralwedding.com/?p=900

The Gardnerz links:

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

To purchase The GARDNERZ - The System of Nature DIGI CD go to: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=11199

To purchase The GARDNERZ - 'The System of Nature' Gatefold LP and T-Shirts go to: www.thegardnerz.com

MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ITEM OF THE DAY

DEAD HORSE - FARM ROAD 666 (18" X 24") POSTER - $5.00 + S/H

Limited Edition of 1000 !!!!
SIZE: 18" X 24"
PAPER : 100# Text Gloss
COATING: UV - Ultra High Gloss

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=11355
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The GARDNERZ (Sweden) Interview by http://highwiredaze.com

By Kenneth Morton

Heavy and deathly intensive, The Gardnerz is a doom metal band from the south of Sweden. Their album The System Of Nature has been unleashed worldwide through Abyss Records, a thrilling magnum opus that was mastered by the legendary Dan Swanö (Edge Of Sanity) at his Unisound studio. Sludgy and distorted, the world of The Gardnerz is sure to excite fans of bands such as Paradise Lost, Crowbar, Draconian, and early Katatonia. Here is a recent interview we conducted one of The Gardnerz to find out more about their somber reprieves…

Introduce yourself, tell me what you do in The Gardnerz, and how long the band has been together.

Hello! This is Wilhelm Lindh, The Gardnerz cat loving, music conoseuiring, beard displaying guitarist and songwriter. We have been around since 2008 playing our deadly doom.

Where is the band based out of and what is your local music scene like there? Any local bands you could recommend?

Well, no two members live in the same city but most of us is in the south of Sweden. I live in and the band rehearses in Landskrona. Today there isn’t very much scene to speak of here in Sweden. At least not in the kind of music we do, it’s all about the metal core and such nowadays. Of course there are some killer bands, Vandöd and Pandemonium for instance, but nothing really happens, not many shows or stuff like that.

Is there any story or concept to the CD title The System Of Nature?

Yes there is; the title is borrowed/stolen/ taken from the 18th-century philosopher Baron d’Holbach book The System of Nature. It is considered to be one of the greatest works in the antireligious movement from the French enlightenment. It is quite a hard read since it is very scientific in its dissection of religion, but I found it very interesting and I thought it would be a good title since antireligious ideas is what we write about in a lot of our lyrics. And I hope that maybe someone can get inspired and read that book, since at least in my mind the world needs more freethinkers and infidels.

Select any two The Gardnerz songs and what inspired the lyrics?

Since I told you in the last question that a lot of our lyrics deal with antireligious matters, I guess I will have to discus two songs that have different subject matter.
Let’s start with The Art of Suffering, this song was inspired by certain people in my life and a lot of people in general. It deals with people who only see the negative in life and only have negative things to say. These kinds of people drive me nuts (yes I see the irony in bitching about this, and even writing a song about it haha), instead of just finding faults and only seeing the darkness, it is in my opinion better to look for a solution.
For song two I choose Born to Consume, this one was inspired by the book Dialectic of Enlightenment by Max Horkehimer and Theodor Adorno. I write about how we are forced into a rat race of consumption and production. We are fooled into believing that we need a lot of material things, and in order to get these things we need to produce; the more we produce the more we consume and so on and so on. The people truly coming out on top of this mess are the people that are the ones owning the means of production, the same people that told us to get in line and produce and consume in the first place.

Who did the fantastic artwork for The System Of Nature and how much input did you have on it?

It was done by Daniel “Devilish” Johnsson: http://danieldevilish.wordpress.com. Well I had the main idea, I actually had another cover made by a friend, a fantastic piece of art as well, but it didn’t feel dark enough, it had more of a power metal feel to it. So I sent Daniel the drawing and some ideas for changes and Daniel did his take on it, and I think it turned out amazing. Mechanix Records did the LP edition of our album, and it looks killer.

What made you decide to record the two covers of the album Bloody Vengeance (Vulcano) Servants of the Warsmen (Winter) and do you know if any members from either band has heard or commented on them?

That was our bass player Francisco Martín’s ideas, he wanted to get a connection with the old school stuff, and pay an homage to those old bands. I haven’t heard any comments from any of the bands we covered, don’t know if they have heard them. I know some people have looked us up because of the covers, so that’s cool.

How did Dan Swanö become involved with the project and what was his overall contribution ?

It was easy, I emailed him asking if he had the time to do it, and if he wanted to do it. He accepted so that was that. I think with his mastering the album sounds a hell of a lot better. Fuller, heavier and the vocals became a lot clearer. He did a cool thing on Lady in The Grave, during the clean part it sounds like he pulled everything back somehow, listen to it and see if you understand what I mean.

What is a live The Gardnerz show like for those of us who have yet to see you play?

That is hard to answer since there has been none. But from what we have been talking about in the band I think it will be more music then imagery. I don’t care for the theatrical aspect of the metal genre – I like it when the music speaks for itself. So if I get my way it will be us, some musical equipment, lights and hopefully a crowd.

Are you or any other members involved with any other bands or projects outside of The Gardnerz?

Yes and a lot of them. I play in the black metal band Pandemonium, the death metal band Toxodeath and I have a acoustic project going on. Francisco is in Inner Sanctvm, Sacramento and Toxodeath (might be more). Niclas our singer is in Vandöd, Autopsy of a mental disorder, and D Josef Band. Juan Pablo the drummer on The System is in Thornafire and Sadism. Our new drummer Vedran isn’t in any other bands that I know of.

Any final words of wisdom?

Many haha! Don’t let imaginary beasts and benevolent or malevolent zombies scar you, reality is far to grim, also check out our merch at www.thegardnerz.com(cause you are Born to Consume!)

Interview link: http://highwiredaze.com/thegardnerzint1

The Gardnerz links:

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

THOUSAND YEAR WAR (U.S.) Tyrants and Men DIGI CD review by http://scumfeastmetal666.blogspot.com

By SCUMFEAST METAL 666

On the surface this sounds like melodic death metal from Sweden with blackened vocals. In reality it's Hiram Lohr from Alaska who recorded the guitar and vocals plus had a now former band member on bass. They sent that recorded material to session drummer Fredrik Widigs (THE UGLY and DESULTOR) in Sweden to lay down the drum tracks. After that the full length got mixed in Sweden by another guy and holy crap they had an album to present to a label to which they got signed to. You see people it ain't so hard to do. Alright in all fairness it took a little while for all of this to come about but in the end Hiram Lohr's vision became a reality. Besides if you wanna get that authentic Swedish Melodic Death Metal sound then send it to a Swedish studio. Tyrants and Men is all of that as well as having some cool looking cover artwork. Hiram Lohr has decidedly made this release sound genre perfect.

For anyone who reacts to Swedish melo-death the same way Dracula reacts to a cross you might wanna just pick this up for old time's sake. Let's be honest now, we all have a few AMON AMARTH releases which we love and THOUSAND YEAR WAR isn't far from that template. There's plenty of catchy riff action attacking cuts like "The Storm I Ride". If that's not your pleasure (then screw you since I think it's a great cut) then songs like opener "Defiance" or the epic battle hymn of "No Gods No Masters" will have you doing the invisible grapefruit pose. I would not call everything on here a winner as far as my taste but it's still a cool sounding album. Hiram Lohr's vocals are a mix of the blackened rasp as well as traditional deep throaty death metal growls. So there's the variety factor which keeps thing interesting. Another point where this release is appealing is in the songwriting. Hiram Lohr's has a cool ability at following a recipe and yet make some things standout. "Warriors of Defiance" is pure battle metal with a hint of that Euro folk influence poking it's head in around the halfway mark. All in all it's a decent release which is a surprise since I hardly listen to this type of stuff anymore.

Rating: 4/5

Review link: http://scumfeastmetal666.blogspot.com/2011/10/thousand-year-war-tyrants-and-men-cd.html

Thousand Year War links:

Official Website: http://thousandyearwar.com/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/tyrantsandmen

Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/thousandyearwar

Abyss Records links:

Other links:

To purchase THOUSAND YEAR WAR - Tyrants and Men DIGI CD and other THOUSAND YEAR WAR merchandise go to: www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=thousand+year+war

To preview a song go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOlEjPkRPHE
MichaelMcCoyII
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ITEM OF THE DAY

PASADENA NAPALM DIVISION Merchandise

To Order: www.officialabyssrecords.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=PASADENA+NAPALM+DIVISION&x=11&y=13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 164, 165, 166  Next
Page 2 of 166

Jump to: