Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

A Death.FM ventrillo?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:14 am   Post subject: A Death.FM ventrillo? Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this for a long time. And i would hope to think most of you would like it. Setting up a ventrillo server for the station. I think it would be managable and it would be for RIP only. Since only a handfull of us talk alot it would be for the regulars i guess. I think for a 50 person ventrillo for 2 years its like $200. There would be rooms of course for each language, because im sure alot of you would like to talk in your own language. I would be willing to put some of my own money down also... Those that donate would be admins, and of course all station mods would have control. The rules and regulations shouldnt be that complicated...
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you that dont know what it is...

http://www.ventrilo.com/
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

not a bad idea, i think we could rather share ims infos to use voip
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we already have a slot for Skype info in our profiles. Unfortunately, if you want to talk to more than one person at once, the Skype conferences are limited to 5 members, IIRC.

Ventrilo is not such a bad idea for a public voice chat, though, even if it scares me to think about the cursing and yelling and general chaos that's going to be in a DFM chat LOL

Anyway, if you're thinking about an official DFM voice chat room, it's up to JERIC to decide if we want it.

.:: ::.
neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10314

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Teamspeak server is free and effortless to maintain + ventrillo gets hacked a lot, especially the user name spelling feature Smile
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
diginferno

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

neckfreak wrote:
Teamspeak server is free and effortless to maintain + ventrillo gets hacked a lot, especially the user name spelling feature Smile

And it also supports Linux Cool

.:: ::.
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people don't have headsets.

It's annoying when people don't have headsets because of the feedback if more than one person talks.

And most people listen to DFM through stereo systems or they're at work and don't have microphones.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10314

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

But it would be a killer if BT talks and we can hear Locomia in the background. Precious moments...
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Columbia Azdragar
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea for the parrots here. I don't care about the chat.
EMBRACE MY SOUL
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It would obvisouly be a choice of the user. As for the cursing and swearing 80% of it will be me. I just prefer Vent cuz ive used it ALOT (lol yogg saron portals) so i have experience.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

supersmoke wrote:

It's annoying when people don't have headsets because of the feedback if more than one person talks.

And most people listen to DFM through stereo systems or they're at work and don't have microphones.

Then they can move down a channel. You can have alot of channels. This isnt gonna be an issue. The REAL issue is those that dont have it set right and they talk in vent... EAAAAARRRRR RAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
Yeah, we already have a slot for Skype info in our profiles. Unfortunately, if you want to talk to more than one person at once, the Skype conferences are limited to 5 members, IIRC.

Ventrilo is not such a bad idea for a public voice chat, though, even if it scares me to think about the cursing and yelling and general chaos that's going to be in a DFM chat LOL

Anyway, if you're thinking about an official DFM voice chat room, it's up to JERIC to decide if we want it.

Or i can just make my own channel. Im really thinking about it. I still have my guild vent but he is in driving distance and would rape me with a rusty spoon.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

neckfreak wrote:

Ive been raiding since midway thru Burning Crusade and my guild vent has been hacked 1 time. And we dont even have a password.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
neckfreak wrote:

And it also supports Linux Cool

Fuck Linux... driver issues and hardware usage makes me cringe.
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark wrote:
supersmoke wrote:

Then they can move down a channel. You can have alot of channels. This isnt gonna be an issue. The REAL issue is those that dont have it set right and they talk in vent... EAAAAARRRRR RAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only that, but everyone has a heavy accent I would assume. It'd be easy to have channels for different languages, but for an all english channel, I'm sure there's people who aren't as good at speaking english as they are with writing and reading it.

Quote:
It would obvisouly be a choice of the user. As for the cursing and swearing 80% of it will be me. I just prefer Vent cuz ive used it ALOT (lol yogg saron portals) so i have experience.

I have the mouth of a sailor. Wink
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: