Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Who is the best extreme metal drummer?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 

Who is the best of these extreme drummers?
Frost (1349)
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Hellhammer (Mayhem)
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
George Kolias (Nile)
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Tony Laureno (Nile)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paul Mauzerickzwzerzss (cannibal corpse)
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Emil Drugonivic (Marduk)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 2503

Waffen is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Waffen's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:20 pm   Post subject: Who is the best extreme metal drummer? Reply with quote

Who is the best extreme metal drummer.

My personal favourite is FROST on 1349's album 'Hellfire'. You cant beat it. Or can you? Anyone else think of some more intense technical drumming?

Waffen_SS[/b] Mr. Green
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1184

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost by far. And may I ask you something? You know what the Waffen SS was, dont u? If you know, then ur a stupid asshole. And if u dont know, ur even more stupid and fuckin son of a bitch cause u use that name. Nazi Idiot

Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost or Emil, both are very good. I voted for Frost Wink

@Cherub: don't piss off new members he didn't hurt you, did he Wink Peace
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Waffen is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Waffen's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:13 pm   Post subject: Waffen_SS Reply with quote

Of course I know what the Waffen_SS was. I am neither an idiot or a nazi. I enjoy people's reactions to various offensive things. Yeah the Waffen SS did some utterly horrible things that I never condone or support. I am amused by the reponse to such things.

Surprisingly there aren't many people who object or react like you do. I'm from England and my conutry has carried out severe actions that far surpass the Waffen SS. At onetime we held 1/4 of the globe under our iron fist of pompous superior ignorance. People forget this when they think about WW2.

Look what we did in India for example. Subdue the 'savages' then educate them to our ways. At least we gave them a chance. All this is not the point though. I am English but I am not a tyrant or Nazi.

Thanks for voting though. Glad u voted for Frost.

Waffen_SS
Captain

Member#: 1184

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well iam sorry. you didnt do any harm to me. but the problem is, that many ppl from allover the world dunno enough about nazis and use terms of the german Nationalsozialismus to have fun with.

There was for example a bar in Seoul, South Korea, called "Hitler Bar", where all the waiters were running around in SS, Waffen-SS, and whatever uniforms and serving the guests. this shitty bar existed for several years, no one cared, until some ppl found out about the background and the bar was closed down.

Iam sorry to have used such rude words against u. and i must admit, that i got you really wrong. I thought u were some kind of stupid teenage kid.

Frost is the best Smile

Soulofdarkness
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1719

Soulofdarkness is offline View user's profile Send private message Soulofdarkness's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For me Hellhammer is the best, Frost is great too but i prefer hellhammer's play.
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost isn't the superb technical drummer IMO. Sure he's a good drummer and so damn fast. If you've seen him live, you know what I mean... But talking about technical drumming, I'd say either Derek Roddy, Tomas Haake from Meshuggah or Flo Mournier of Cryptopsy-fame.
I'd love to see a fastest-drumming contest between Frost and Flo Snicker

But then again, it's not all about speed. A drummer is so damn important for any band so I'd prefer someone like Hellhammer who can easily play all styles, very talented drummer. Also there are so many unknown drummers out there who are very talented and all-round...
UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

good point.

I think it depends on who you see Frost live for. I have seen him live for both Satyricon and 1349. By far the better performance was for 1349.

Cryptopsy - Yeah! None so vile rips. Very good point.

Hellhammer - very good up until Grand Declaration the I lost interest in Mayhem. They arent the same anymore.
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Waffen_SS wrote:
Hellhammer - very good up until Grand Declaration the I lost interest in Mayhem. They arent the same anymore.

They aren't the same anymore since Euro & Dead died Wink
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
CorpseFucker
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 2512

CorpseFucker is offline View user's profile Send private message CorpseFucker's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Paul Mauzerickzwzerzss even if my favourite drummer is of course Ken Owen of Carcass he has a great feeling, he is one of the bests!!
Belgium dr_schizo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2170

dr_schizo is offline View user's profile Send private message View dr_schizo's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

the better drumers are not in the list, imo
i-e: Étienne Gallo drummer on "concealed" from Augury
and what about Horgh (Immortal, Hypocrisy)?!!
Aborted' drummer Gilles Delecroix (ex-Gronibard)
Best drumming is not only about speed...
Then ma fav in the list is the CC one, Paul Mazurkiewicz

Edit: Etienne Gallo (ex-Augury) joined Aborted...

Last edited by dr_schizo on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the drummer from Gojira is amazing... While listening to their albums, it makes you wonder if they used a drumcomputer. So damn fast, precise, technical, ... and even live this guy is flawless (not that hard when you rehearse as much as they do). One of the upcoming talents IMO
undercut79
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 2814

undercut79 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website undercut79's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant believe nobody wrote anything about yannick bercier from quo vadis. He's ten times better than paul from corpse. come on the guy plays death metal and doesent use blastbeats now thats crazy
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he trained with bobby jarzombek (who isnt that much of an extreme but could hold up to the best) of spastic ink.

BTW Flo from cryptopsy is fast as hell but he still gets sloppy as frick... ive seen his vids on you tube and some from his site and he gets sloppier the faster he goes.

Another drummer that wasnt included that should be up there is Gene Hoglan from dark angel, omc, testament and currently SYL. Hes prolly may fav not becuase of speed but the rythms he comes up with... they just fucking rule.
undercut79
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 2814

undercut79 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website undercut79's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to really hear how good yanick bercier is go to his website he has a couple of songs that have only the unmastered drums.
http://www.yanicbercier.com/audio.asp

The dude is a fucking machine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: