Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Black Metal Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA TECH222
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2580

TECH222 is offline View user's profile Send private message View TECH222's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:03 pm   Post subject: Black Metal Question Reply with quote

Do people really hate Black Metal? If so, why? Also, I think Dimmu Borgir happends to be talented musicians. How come people don't like them?

Just curious. Depressed
UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 2503

Waffen is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Waffen's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate Black Metal - its what I listen to most. However I like both. Death Metal is just as brutal and exciting for me. I think lots of people are put off coz of the make-up etc and they take it too seriously.

Maybe Death fans don't like the sound of the guitars too much coz it's not 'brutal' enough. Also the singing has a lot to do with it. Plus I think alot of Death fans are secret christians and are scared of geting their sunday school torched! LOL. Am I right?

Peace
Ensign

Member#: 2658

fknretard is offline View user's profile Send private message fknretard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont hate Black Metal. I only hate NS Black Metal, because Im black Very Happy
Even though, Demon Burger bores me. I like Immortal, Mystic Circle, etc... more
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Waffen_SS wrote:
I don't hate Black Metal - its what I listen to most. However I like both. Death Metal is just as brutal and exciting for me. I think lots of people are put off coz of the make-up etc and they take it too seriously.

Maybe Death fans don't like the sound of the guitars too much coz it's not 'brutal' enough. Also the singing has a lot to do with it. Plus I think alot of Death fans are secret christians and are scared of geting their sunday school torched! LOL. Am I right?

Peace

No youre wrong... #1 Beleiving in a religion that takes up that much time and dedication is bullshit on a sluts tit.

#2 Making it a priority to goto a place sit down and listen to crap that has already happened, woship him blah blah blah is yet... yes you guessed it! A waste of fucking time.

#3 I like brutal just becuase of the vocals, i dont LOVE brutal however becuase it does get boring to me after a while.

#4 There is a degree to death i want to make a point of, not all death is brutal. There is a difference in the death from nile and decap then to pustulated and PD... and i like the decap, nile style alot better.

#5 I dont mind DB, but they used to be alot better then they are now... if you listen to the album from order of release you know why. It gets lacking as time goes by.

#6 I think the clown look for black metal is lame, but the respect for the music itself is there when it needs to be. You just cant put down good bands like Immortal, 1349, emperor and the like because they have done alot for the music... and if you do well fuck you then.

#7 I would not be in a church burning with the fire... i would be the hillbilly that set it, holding a beer while sitting on the cooler i got it from.

#8 Waffen youre a screwball. Cool

Last edited by Dark on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You should really listen to some old Troll, Satanic Warmaster, the more BM-driven Vinterriket, Svarrogh, Ringnevond, Tsjuder, Urkraft (BM with clean vocals), Stormnatt, Aaskereia, Baalberith, Diaboli, Graven, ... damn, I know too many bands.

Black Metal is the music I hear the most. And to the Donut Burger-Thingy: they lost their status after they went the "More-Money-Way" and showed that they don't have/follow/process a "ulterior motive". Still I love albums like For All Tid, the first EP (In I Evighetens Morke) and Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. Their first split with Old Man's Child was also great.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Waffen is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Waffen's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO @ Dark.

What is it with you man? Fuck, your mouth flaps more than a fuckin zombie with eczema. I just threw in a few comments to poke fun and you write a fuckin novel! Mr. Green

Brutal is a matter of opinion. What someppl think of as a brutal style others don't. I was generalising about the term 'Brutal'.

By the way; you're right about #7 & #8 Very Happy

Peace
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all metal, black metal is my favorite genre. I also have some soft spots for progressive, folk/viking, doom and death, but hate black metal? NEVER! LOL

.:: ::.
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Metal is just about brutal music or at least trying to sound very brutal, while Black Metal is IMO more about creating an atmosphere.

The problem with many Black Metal bands is that most of them just try to copy the famous bands like Darkthrone, Mayhem, Immortal, ... without really adding anything original. I for one am glad that some bands started using keyboards to actually add to the atmosphere. Imagine Emperor or Limbonic Art without the keyboards and you'll have just another copy probably.

Concerning Dimmu Borgir, most people don't like them because they became very popular thanks to the huge success of their last 3-4 albums (the really big breakthrough was with Death Cult Armageddon though). I still love that band and all their albums even though they changed their sound to something more modern-sounding (by this I mean progressed to the band they are now) instead of trying to copy the old "evul blek metel" -formula. Curious for their new album "In Sorte Diaboli", I grew tired of DCA rather fast but we'll see...
USA TECH222
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2580

TECH222 is offline View user's profile Send private message View TECH222's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the posts.

I would have to agree, I personally think Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is the one I like the most. For some reason, I think Death Cult Armageddon has a great record name, but I think the music doesnt back it up.

I like all kinds of music from Death, Doom, Prog, Industrial, Trance, Breaks, Black, and all kinds of stuff. It's just everytime I join a community people always wank on Black. I really do think it's the makeup. I think if the makeup is done correclty..... your cool. Now if you do it cheesy, like I just woke up and drew on my face.... your stupid.

Music that takes pride in what they do rather than the cash/publicity, you can always tell them apart from the ones that don't.

Mad
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, regarding that make up, only the band on stage should do this. Most of those idiots look like evil panda bears (most of the time though) anyway...

It's completely ridiculous when 15-16 yrs old try to use corpsepaint... LOL
Germany Wurst
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1782

Wurst is offline View user's profile Send private message Wurst's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Midnight_Grotesque: lol when i were 16, i had a little show in school with my band... we played some trash/death metal really crappy^^ BUT we had corpsepaints^^ ... very funny

I mostly don't like bm very much... there are bands that i like, for example darkened nocturn slaughtercult (maybe because of the female singer? Mr. Green ) or Immortal and that stuff (in my oppinion DB isn't pure BM anymore :-/ ) but i think there are so many "garage-sound" BM bands that sound so equal that i just have to yawn...
Then i think music is interesting when its creative and sometimes complex... a 7 Min BM song with just 2 Riffs and 4 Notes is'nt both of it Depressed
Then there are many bands that try to create a depressiv and negative athmosphere... yes i like it when its dark and evil... but i want to have fun when i listen to metal and not become sad and depressive and commit suicide...

just my oppinion... many of you know will think "there are enough brutal dm bands, that sound equal and uncreative" ... i know that :P
UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Wurst.

You got any pictures of your gig. If so post them so we can see, that would be well amusing. Was is good or cheesey corpsepaint? I put corpsepaint on once and a long black wig for a fancy dress party! LMFAO, bad news, everyone thought I was meant to be KISS! It must have been totally shite......hehehehehe

Peace
Captain

Member#: 1782

Wurst is offline View user's profile Send private message Wurst's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://daten.animexx.de//mitglieder/bilder/9/6/1110369.gross.jpg

I hate this Pic^^ put we had fun together^^

from the left to the right...

The nu-metaler, the hairy-beast, the sweaty pig, me the whiney Wink and the zebera ^^
Columbia Azdragar
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Metal is the Best Musical - Lyrical Creation.
EMBRACE MY SOUL
Stlucia RAM
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 8800

RAM is offline View user's profile Send private message RAM's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Most black metal is done by boney misfits looking for a way to be frightening. the ones you used to dunk there heads in the toilets at school and they mumble " i'll get you for this" as they pretend to give there souls to satan for and oppertunity at revenge. they light there GI Joe's on fire and kick little dogs as an outlet. they loved moms make up and clothing growing up. now they hang out in wooded areas and play swords and sacrifice small rodents and praise an invisible horned lover of the nether region

Last edited by RAM on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: