Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Against guns/using of guns?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:13 am   Post subject: Against guns/using of guns? Reply with quote

I recently saw a great film/documentary "Bowling for Columbine" by Michael Moore. I'm not an american, I cannot say I truly know what's happening in that country, but this was a disturbing movie.. I always was against guns.. in my country U cannot have a gun, and that is a good thing.. more guns does not mean more security, at least that is my opinion.. when all fools have guns, and U can buy bullets from supermarket, tragedy strikes..
my english is not so great, I hope I was clear enough.. so people, are U pro or against guns?
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a world wide question, misa!

I'm absolutely against guns!

Guns: Woah Woah Woah
Papua Newguinea SeclusionSolution RIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2031

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes misan + pesa it implements the psycological question what creates wars and makes it necessary for mankind to slaugther each other.

Let me arise some points that come to my mind:

disrespect(intolerance), fear, existential needs (food),ego of property, geographical disadvantages (resources connected with property again), just fear, fear to not survive, fear to be weak, fear that the other has less fear...

instead of guns we would use sticks as long we can´t compensate agression in our minds.

No to guns!

UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 2503

Waffen is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Waffen's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Guns are bad. But if they were banned there would be something else to take its place. Indeed in areas of the world where guns are not affordable big sticks are the next option, then knives! If we got rid of them then something else would take its place.....

We got bad problems with knife crime in England right now because guns are illegal. I see no way out, its all about social issues in my opinion but that's a whole other story and way too boring to get into.

STAB

OK!
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2524

yvesson is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website yvesson's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hej,
Well I'm not for guns being dealt to anyone as it is in the U.S. but well it's their traditions so I'll let them debate about it.

As for "Bowling for Columbine", this is just crap propaganda, I would never call that a documentary, as it is clearly showing only one side.
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We all should kill each other.

yvesson wrote:
As for "Bowling for Columbine", this is just crap propaganda, I would never call that a documentary, as it is clearly showing only one side.

True.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

true, it only shows one side, but I don't like the other side, meaning G.W.Bush and his gang.. and no one could ever convince me that having and using guns is good for someone.. other than for gun producers.. Woah
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dami wrote:
We all should kill each other.

yvesson wrote:

True.

No you should kill youreself if youre that miserable and pessamistic.

Gun are a really big problem in out state, and the laws of getting them are effective. However there are ALOT of illegal import or just illegal guns on the underground market basically gang related. In the ghetto towns near me there is shooting all the time... and the police are out there almost evry 30 minutes with the wiren blaring off. The saying "Gun arent dangerouse at all, its the person behind the gun that makes it so" is just justifying it, being in possesion of a firearm is like a tease since it so easy to "solve problems" when in anger, or revenge like. Its liek saying " Here have this Non-dengerouse weapon and dont shoot nething withit, even when drunk, angry, or getting revenge for whatever reason... because when it comes down to it gun are just for literally killing things. The shot gun for instance has no purpose at all, it isnt a a ranges gun nor is it good for aiming at nething specific. It just rips anything its fired at to pieces, it a gun desinged just for close range killing and mutilation. So most if not all guns should be banned but since its our right to have then i see no end in that. Neutral
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Dark still isn't used to sarcasm.

What about making it harder to obtain and possess a gun, where it is legal ? Like mentioned selling them in supermarkets and such "firms" is totally wrong .
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
USA nechesthecat
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2291

nechesthecat is offline View user's profile Send private message nechesthecat's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I approve of the right to bear arms. If my nation were to strip me of the right to keep a weapon, I'd be quite miffed.

That being said, I don't keep any at my home, as I currently don't feel like accepting the responsibility that goes along with keeping a firearm.

My family has always kept hunting rifles (deer and elk) and shotguns ( for small fowl - quail and duck), though it's been done responsibly. We'd go out and bring in a couple of deer each winter and process the meat, tan the hides, etc.

Handguns, on the other hand, are for killing people, and were only kept on hand when my family's restaurants were being robbed by crackheads. Thankfully, they were never used.

It depends upon the culture in which you're brought up, I suppose. Anything used for a criminal purpose is tainted. Removing firearms from people just because they're sometimes used as a tool to aid in commiting a crime does as much for the root cause as prohibiting shovels and axes (granted, firearms are a more menacing weapon Wink).

</rambling>
Romania Razyutis
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1588

Razyutis is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Razyutis's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ya neche, we should forbid everything sharp, screwdrivers, kitchen knifes, razors, lawnmowers, etc. LOL

My Pet, The Demonic Squirrel, He Likes Metal
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Off-topic:
Especially the lawnmowers Smile.

On topic:
What if the government (and their "executers") would enforce that only the smallest of the handguns would be available or some non-lethal stuff (you know, gas pistols and stuff) - do you think this would "help"? And would people still be interested in buying it? And would there be a overall benefit?

Sorry for those questions, just came to my mind.
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dami wrote:

What if the government (and their "executers") would enforce that only the smallest of the handguns would be available or some non-lethal stuff (you know, gas pistols and stuff) - do you think this would "help"? And would people still be interested in buying it? And would there be a overall benefit?

Sorry for those questions, just came to my mind.

that would be nice, but of course people would not be so interested in buying it.. and companies would loose lots of $$$.. therefore it won't be done Depressed
Lieutenant

Member#: 2291

nechesthecat is offline View user's profile Send private message nechesthecat's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have a flatulence-gun....wait...I do! Let the bean-eating-arms-race begin!
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: