Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Doom Revolution
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1184

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:39 am   Post subject: Doom Revolution Reply with quote

Doom-Metal/Funeral-Doom and whatever was not that famous. But now, as I see that there are many Doom Fans on DFM, i think this has changed! Do u guys agree? How come Doom gets more famous? Do u think we need more Doom on DFM? I say: Let us start a Doom Revolution, to show how brutal slow music can be! Doomsters unite
RelaS
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2781

RelaS is offline View user's profile Send private message RelaS's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate doom metal. Cant find that " feeling " on doom :\ sorry

Perssonaly i think its as famous as it was before...

Since i dont like doom metal i woldnt like to have doom here but hey its a free world majority always win Smile
Brazil Pesadelo RIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear RelaS, it's a matter of variation around a theme. It's all metal.
Let us have diversification, we doomsters will let space for another genres. Peace

I prefer more slow paces. I would like to have more doom here @ DFM. We have space for this!

I'm with you cherubian: we need more doom @ DFM.

But the word "revolution" annoys me. What about a Doom Evolution. OK!

I hope Jeric shall be a good guy and accept some further doom here. Yes

Hey cjjeepercreeper, what you think about this?
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I look at metal as far as my preferences has Doom at the top. The slow, melodic stuff seems to make time stop and gravity just increases. But, I think that's just an evolution I personally have undergone, or maybe its just a bit of coming around full circle. Personally, I've always liked slower types of music, even when I was much younger many years ago my favorite band was Pink Floyd, I was introduced to them in high school around 1969 or 70.

Anyway, of course I would like to see more Doom here, there is a lot of good stuff out there that very few people hear, I think Doom is still a small niche in the large genre of metal. One cool thing about being a Doomster is we will NEVER be in danger of being trendy LOL , unlike thrash metal and the other louder, faster types of metal.

Along with Doom I also really love black metal, the newer Viking metal (Tyr, for instance), folk metal, and even some of the the almost Goth stuff like Battlelore. My favorite metal band will always be Windir, Valfar got it right, and died way too young.

Yes, we need more Doom here. I hope Jeric will agree. There is so much new stuff out there that is very, very good, listen to the new Swallow the Sun or the new Officium Triste; I was just telling my wife yesterday that I think "Giving Yourself Away" is possibly the perfect Doom album, at least in the last 10 years.

Doom doesn't have to be so slow and heavy that you want to commit suicide, either. Look at Novembers Doom, Daylight Dies and bands like that. Or throw in some folk influence and you have one of the greatest bands out there right now, Agalloch.

Please Jeric, more Doom, and quit complaining Razy. Grin
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes, good topic.. doom is my second fave after black metal.. but I don't think it's getting more popular these days..doom was and will be pretty underground.. I think it's the leasst selling of all metal styles..
so, if Jeric wants to add some, sure, it will be great.. I made lots of doom requests, some added (M.Beloveth, Officium Triste), some not..
doom or be doomed OK!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2916

zarqun is offline View user's profile Send private message zarqun's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

for now, I didn't have the time yet to get a bit into doom. the only things I have are:
Aarni - Bathos
Candlemass - Candlemass
Communic - Conspiracy In Mind
Confessor - Condemned
Crowbar - Old Fellows Rest
Grey Skies Fallen - The Fate Of Angels (mp3s)
Grey Skies Fallen - Tomorrow's In Doubt (mp3s)
Grey Skies Fallen - Two Way Mirror (mp3s)
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers
My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun
My Dying Bride - The Voice Of The Wretched
Saint Vitus - Born Too Late
Saint Vitus - Mournful Cries

within the upcoming week I'll get some of Solitude Aeturnus their stuff
any MUST HAVE recommendations (also other bands!)?

It costs me a fortune, loving music....
My mom (more than my dad) bought through her life a lot of albums (EPs,LPs, CDs and CDmaxis, and even a few cassettes). That way I grew up with all kinds of music (heavier stuff from my uncles and dad, softer stuff from my mom) and that way I have now a huge collection of music (around 7000 albums). I buy a lot of CDs out of a huge amount of styles (actually I like every style, except for gothic metal, some too symphonic black metal and emocore)

so If you have doom recommendations => tell me
I'm planning to buy about 5-7 CDs next week.
And to be boy eternal.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

zarqun, as for MDB, you are missing the essential one, "Turn Loose the Swans". Newer stuff my favorites are Novembers Doom-"The Novella Reservoir", Agalloch-"The Mantle", Officium Triste-"Giving Yourself Away", Swallow the Sun-"Swallow the Sun", Saturnus-"Veronika Decides to Die", The Fall of Every Season-"From Below". There are plenty more others can suggest, but that's a short list of new stuff (with the MDB you MUST have thrown in).
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you know that I don't really like doom but of the bands mentioned here I greatly approve "Agalloch".
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What u should check too is: Draconian, Ahab, Evoken, Uaral, DoomVS, Throes of Dawn and definetely the fuckin great YOB

The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, a few years ago I thought Doom was so damn boring and now I'm getting addicted to it.

Don't know why but I can't listen to every doom band, I only like a select few like My Dying Bride, Doom:VS, Swallow The Sun, Runemagick, ... but I find Candlemass f.ex. boring. It has a lot to do with the vocalist for me to like a doom-band. Funeral (the band) I think has great riffs and songs but their vocalist ruins it for me.

The thing I like most about Doom is just the overwhelming, fucking heavy sound most bands make. And let's not forget the feeling / atmosphere they create (which is the most important element IMO)...

@cherub: maybe check out Mourning Beloveth, Runemagick (older albums are more mid-tempo death but "Darkness Death Doom" is a masterpiece), Officium Triste, The Fallen, The Prophecy and especially EVOKEN (superb band who I've recently gotten into) !!!
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected, the new Candlemass-album is simply amazing. This masterpiece is going to end up in my top 10 of this year, without a doubt.
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

isit that good? i gotta take a listen to it then! ill do tomorrow:)

Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like doom is going to be trendy soon enough LOL

From what I've seen the last weeks (not only on death.fm) there is a growing and bigger acceptance and interest in Doom.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

what we are doing here it's called doom education LOL
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
isit that good? i gotta take a listen to it then!

Yes, it's that good IMO.

Kicking out Messiah and getting Rob Lowe to do the vocals was one of the best decisions they've ever made. Goddamn, he can put some emotion in his voice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: