Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Best drummer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany Blaspheretic
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 3647

Blaspheretic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Blaspheretic's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert, just listen to the music, so my knowledge in techniques lacks, but i favour Matte Modin (Defleshed / Dark Funeral / Infernal) 'cause his style to play is exactly what i want to listen to.
Away from Death / Black stuff i prefer Bobby Jarzombek (former RIOT member), i love RIOT and his drumming is fucking awesome.
Also Jörg Michael (Mekong Delta / Running Wild / Stratovarius) impressed me, especially Running Wild are one of my all time fav bands, that's enough, Blast, ehm, Blasph.
Desmotes
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 3745

Desmotes is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Desmotes's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

George Kollias
RelaS
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2781

RelaS is offline View user's profile Send private message RelaS's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

been doing some research on inferno, forget it he sux :| guy does tapping in the double bass, in other words if you use triggers just to make your double bass earable its ok since you are actually beating the crap out of the drum ( george kollias uses triggers so the others can earing he doesnt do tapping ) inferno taps the drum and since he uses triggers the sound is the same. Inferno is a good drummer but not has good has manny think...
Germany Blaspheretic
Commodore
Commodore

Blaspheretic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Blaspheretic's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, forgot to mention an almost unknown drummer, Ole Öhman, played
on the first 2 Dissection CD's, never heard of him since then.
What he played esp. on "Storm Of The Light's Bane" is hard to describe,
he isn't the fastest, but precise, and most important, he had a magic moment
and the drumming is such inspired that it lifts the sound to a higher level,
just listen to the double bass, it's so fuckin' brilliant my breath is endangered
to stop, only one word exists to express that genius' work: perfect
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Dissection's entry in the metal archives he was also active in some other bands, but none of them active anymore... hmm will give the old Dissection material a spin again.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RelaS"]been doing some research on inferno, forget it he sux :| guy does tapping in the double bass, in other words if you use triggers just to make your double bass earable its ok since you are actually beating the crap out of the drum ( george kollias uses triggers so the others can earing he doesnt do tapping ) inferno taps the drum and since he uses triggers the sound is the same. Inferno is a good drummer but not has good has manny think...[/quote]

Yes but the speed at which he does remains. When u play about 270 bps u cant hit the drums as hard as i can say @ 150. Georges snare for instance on the new album blows hes tapping the drum aswell, and u can hardly hear it. So that must make him and foul drummer aswell. As for derek and george on the kicks they have trigger but not on the drum they have them on the pedals themselves, which also mean they are tappiung specially when george speeds like a demon, hense the use of triggers. i still say inferno owns
BlackOmen77
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 3943

BlackOmen77 is offline View user's profile Send private message BlackOmen77's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE the band, but Joey Jordison from Slipknot has impressed the hell out of me. I also like listening to Adrian Erlandsson, though he hasn't been in too many bands I like. And his current band just sucks. Good drummer though
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Steingrim from Vreid. Was the drummer with Windir, then Valfar died, they formed Vreid. His drumming has matured, especially on the last 2 albums.

Memento Mori
Germany Pyrates
Commander
Commander

Member#: 83

Pyrates is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Pyrates's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also like listening to Adrian Erlandsson, though he hasn't been in too many bands I like. And his current band just sucks. Good drummer though

Very good call, one of my favourite's, too. He's not the type of drummer who makes people go 'wooaaaa', but he does have a lot of fealing and ideas. Just love the old atg stuff \,,/

Cheers
Philipp
Lieutenant

Member#: 3943

BlackOmen77 is offline View user's profile Send private message BlackOmen77's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Pyrates"]
Quote:
I also like listening to Adrian Erlandsson, though he hasn't been in too many bands I like. And his current band just sucks. Good drummer though

Very good call, one of my favourite's, too. He's not the type of drummer who makes people go 'wooaaaa', but he does have a lot of fealing and ideas. Just love the old atg stuff \,,/

Cheers
Philipp[/quote]

Thanks Philipp, I love the old At The Gates stuff too.
Commander

Member#: 2982

Daniem is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Daniem's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wtf, ppl? Did you all forgot Flo Mounier, from Cryptopsy? What he shows on "Once Was Not" is out of this world!
Papua Newguinea SeclusionSolution RIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2031

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No expert as well but I like drumming of Igor Cavalera especially since the tribals, good fast drumming on the Sao Paulo DVD, powerful and unique.
In death metal it´s Inferno and Frost using more rhythmic in mid-tempo range as others. well flo and tony or drummer from origin are just too "cold" and technical imo also like Dani and Raymond Herrera

Germany Blaspheretic
Commodore
Commodore

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Igor is great, precise and fast, hard hitting too, but i don't like the stuff
after Arise, very impressive is a bootleg CD of a show in the Netherlands,
Sepultura played ALL songs within two/thirds of running time, respect.
Afghanistan DOSphantom
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3904

DOSphantom is offline View user's profile Send private message View DOSphantom's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Thomas - The Berzerker
Cadet 1

Member#: 4069

Sinn is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Sinn's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellhammer conquers all no doubt about it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: