Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Your local metal scene
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1184

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:18 am   Post subject: Your local metal scene Reply with quote

Heya.
iam interested, in how your metal scene looks and works. Tell me, are there many clubs in your area/country? Are there many bands? and are there many metal heads at all? do bands play on concerts in your area? just like this.

for me: i live in southern germany, near Stuttgart. We got a phuckin great scene here. we got many clubs, like the Rockfabrik, where bands play and u can party at with looots of beer. and ofc we got a big festival in the area every year---the "Summer Breeze". And I think we dun have to talk about Nuclear Blast Records....

IMO I live in one of the best places for metal allover Europe Wink
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyho, nice that you opened this thread, I would've been too lazy to do it.

Well, where I live there is only a small metal scene because it is something we call "e Kuhfkaff" in Germany/Rhineland-Palatinate; a small town. Actually the whole active metal scene seems to be concentrated on me and a friend of mine - the only real metal band of that town originates from us two. But of course there are a bunch of metalfans living in and around this town.

If you travel about 30 minutes from where I live you can reach Kaiserslautern where we have our "upstarters" from Ivory Night, a Heavy/Power-Band which isn't thang young anymore and has recently published their new and second full length album "Machine". Of course there are some others bands there as well, the Heavy/Power-Metallers of Divinus for example or the now split-up band "Black Horizon"; they also played that kind of style.

Also 30 minutes away are Mannheim and Ludwigshafen which also have some good bands; maybe some of you (especially the Crematory-Fans) know Ab:Norm (Felix Stass is doing the vocals in here), Time Mage (prog. Metal), Hatchery (Thrash Metal, opened up a gig where also Legion of the Damned played)... the list goes on.

Because I'm involved in some other projects and in the Sleepless Metalzine (http://www.sleeplesszine.de) I know, have interviewed/reviewed and played with Respawn Inc. (one of my favourite underground modern thrash acts from near Heidelberg), Agoraphobia (Death/Thrash/Something which also are on Death.FM), Silent Overdrive ("Melodic Thrashcore", although I don't like their Core-Influences very much), R:I:P (the same singer as in Respawn Inc. - (Ex-)Members from Majesty and Midnattsol), Irony (which are AFAIK still active, although most of the original members left the band)...

I can give you links to samples, homepages and on if you are interested. Maybe I'll tell you about some other bands later.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL LOL LOL

Our local metal scene? What local metal scene? I live in rural NW New Mexico, USA. There are 25 country stations on the radio, and a bunch of top 40 and 2 "rock" stations that have playlists of about 20 songs. The closest city of any size is Albuquerque, and even the metal scene there is minimal. One club, the Launch Pad, books some metal acts, they have a few decent bands coming in this fall (Swallow the Sun, Finntroll, Dark Funeral, Daath, Trail of Tears) and the other "club", the Sunshine Theater does mostly punk, rap and shit like Kottonmouth Kings.

As far as here in Aztec, NM, LOL again. I think I may be our metal scene, a burnt out 52 year old metalhead (my wife also listens to it, but prefers HIM and 69 Eyes). My co-workers think I'm insane, but luckily I'm the boss so I play metal cds all day long in my office. Snicker Fortunately I'm very good at what I do, otherwise a bearded, long haired 52 year old metal head would be intolerable to most people around here. Mr. Green
USA Death_Medic RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 1099

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Death_Medic's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the same thing I was going to say CJ
Commodore

aw

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Death_Medic"]Thats the same thing I was going to say CJ[/quote]

I was born and raised in Chicago, left there in 1980. It has always been more punk than metal, the late 70s had a really good punk scene going. For a big city, though, it should be kickass when it comes to music, and its not. But don't forget, Novembers Doom is from there. Cool
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1184

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

so there isnt a big metal scene in chicago? in such a big city?
i recently saw, that many bands from europe go to detroit and minneapolis when they tour the US..How is that? is there a bigger metal scene?

Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cherubian"]so there isnt a big metal scene in chicago? in such a big city?
i recently saw, that many bands from europe go to detroit and minneapolis when they tour the US..How is that? is there a bigger metal scene?[/quote]

Minneapolis has a big Scandinavian heritage and they are very proud of it, maybe that has something to do with it.
axarydax
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 3020

axarydax is offline View user's profile Send private message axarydax's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Bratislava, Slovakia. Every once in a while a festival or big gig is nearby (we are close to Vienna)...

There aren't many death/black groups out there, and the ones that do exist play in few metal pubs we have here (I can think of three in my city). In one of them a metal concert is every one or two weeks.

We have more of a hiphop scene, with fucking teenagers and adolescents listening to this shit on the streets, rapping out there and stuff...

extreme metal is looked upon like it's some crazy music, so, in conclusion, the metal scene here is tiny.
RelaS
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2781

RelaS is offline View user's profile Send private message RelaS's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no metal scene at all in my town :P and nor does it exist in a 100 km's around it :p damm shitty comercial music country -.-
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the BC scene is beautiful.. but absent Sad
Ensign

Member#: 3020

axarydax is offline View user's profile Send private message axarydax's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RelaS"]there is no metal scene at all in my town :P and nor does it exist in a 100 km's around it :p damm shitty comercial music country -.-[/quote]

and where are you from?
Ranzaap
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 2557

Ranzaap is offline View user's profile Send private message Ranzaap's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in this farmers craphole i live in the south of holland. We got like 5 metalheads on my school (incl me) of 1200 people. And the metalheads never see eatchother and there isnt a metal scene here damnit ><
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If there isn't a scene - build it ! LOL

That is what I am trying to do in the catholic shithole where I live.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
RelaS
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2781

RelaS is offline View user's profile Send private message RelaS's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

axa im from portugal, in the capital and north of the country you actually see something but in the south its pretty bad
Spain zarqun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2916

zarqun is offline View user's profile Send private message zarqun's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a bit of a metal scene, but it's overruled by the metalcore and hardcore scene.

I guess Flanders, and Belgium in general, is a good country for a lot of music scenes. As we all live pretty close together (Australians say we have cows in our garden...) it makes everything a lot easier to catch up.

But most of my friends aren't metalheads at all, most of them are just regular music listeners. I also would not want to have an metalhead-exclusive group of friends. It would limit my musical interest too much (as I listen to everything except emo-genres and gothic metal)
And to be boy eternal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: