Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Your local metal scene
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Afghanistan DOSphantom
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3904

DOSphantom is offline View user's profile Send private message View DOSphantom's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Like small, luckly a place just right by with a show every sat. but way to much crap here in WA.
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

São Paulo is a city with some Metal scene. But I'm from Rio de Janeiro and there is nothing like that, even a Metal sketch Sad

Here, we have too much Samba, Rap and Funky influences Mad Embarassed Crying or Very Sad
Spain zarqun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2916

zarqun is offline View user's profile Send private message zarqun's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@Pesa: I love samba Grin
I dance it a lot (and also merengue, rhumba, chachacha, bachata, son,...)
most of my friends have a big affinity with the Spanish world, have Spanish roots or are Spanish themselves. I'm more a fan of Italy,...
And to be boy eternal.
Brazil Pesadelo RIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarqun, be happy, but don't invite me to a party Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kfoll
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 3270

kfoll is offline View user's profile Send private message kfoll's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I live near Atlanta which has a fairly OK metal scene, although the town is basically a hip-hop town, and there is wayyy too much metalcore shit. Still we have a few decent bands, several of which have made their way to becoming more well-known (Daath, Withered, Zoroaster) and some who have gained cult status elsewhere (Apocalyptic Visions) and some who are world-renowned but we hardly get to see them (Mastodon, Demoncy). The metal community is largely focused around Georgia Tech's radio station, WREK, which features a metal show called WREKage (I believe Friday nights, but I can't get that station where I live), and they have a discussion board which helps to bring together people who might otherwise be scattered and unknown. I love it, because I can go to a show by myself, and I ALWAYS end up meeting up with people I know, so I'm technically not by myself, ever.
This topic is really close to my heart, as I was recently working on a video project to help the metal scene here. I have put the project on hold for awhile, but I will always support the scene. I know or have met most of these guys, and they're awesome people to get to know, and they work so hard they deserve as much respect and support as I and others can give them.
Great topic, thanks!
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1184

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey kfoll,

tell me, when ur video is done. Iam really curious about it. Great anyways that u have a stable scene there.
Keep supporting it, thus maybe that hiphop crap will become smaller and Atlanta will become a great american metal centre.

glad u like this topic Smile

kfoll
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

kfoll is offline View user's profile Send private message kfoll's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cherubian"]Hey kfoll,

tell me, when ur video is done. Iam really curious about it. Great anyways that u have a stable scene there.
Keep supporting it, thus maybe that hiphop crap will become smaller and Atlanta will become a great american metal centre.

glad u like this topic Smile[/quote]

Well I've had to put the project on hold indefinitely, due to other circumstances, so I can't really say when or if it'll be done. However, I do have a lot of footage already. I already have some clips up at: http://www.youtube.com/kellyfoll if you want to see some of it. I will probably end up putting some more clips up in the near future as well. I have footage from few interviews I did, some on-the-road footage, and a looooot of show footage that I need to edit when I can make time to do that.

Yes, I'd love to take hip hop off the map completely, that shit needs to die already. I don't see that happening anytime soon, not with all the brainless idiots that think it's "cool"... scenester metalcore shit ain't much better either. On the other hand, it's probably always going to be true that anything in the popular mainstream is going to be crap, and I think most metalheads wouldn't want it any other way. Let's face it, that's one of the reasons we're into metal to begin with, right?
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

heya,

i just watched some of your videos. very interesting and nice! well done!

I love the Celtic Frost videos, just as i like CF Wink that commercial rocks

and i like ur conceptual videos, especially "Desecrated Sacraments"

keep on working, i love it

kfoll
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cherubian"]heya,

i just watched some of your videos. very interesting and nice! well done!

I love the Celtic Frost videos, just as i like CF Wink that commercial rocks

and i like ur conceptual videos, especially "Desecrated Sacraments"

keep on working, i love it[/quote]

Hey, thanks! I love doing this stuff. That Celtic Frost footage is my pride and joy, and I probably drive people crazy talking about how thrilling it was to do that, so I'm glad you like it. It was one of the most amazing shows ever. I really REALLY regret not having taken the camcorder to the Suffocation/Immolation/Skinless show the other night.

The conceptual stuff is the result of having a lot of time on my hands and living in the middle of nowhwere with nothing to do but smoke some good shit and walk around in the woods lol. But there are a lot of ideas I've had which could end up being really cool if I put it together right.
USA baphomet
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4045

baphomet is offline View user's profile Send private message View baphomet's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

metal in houston? ah hahaha.
everyone here listens to rap or country or that screamo shit.
the closest thing to it is the hardcore scene. i hate it.
theres javajazz here but mostly hardcore and sceamo play there. about once or twice a year a good band like cannibal corpse or dying fetus comes along but thats it.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Member#: 3975

jemfear is offline View user's profile Send private message jemfear's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"yeah, you gotta get out their and you find that fuckin doG!!" - billy madison

the local scene sucks here, a bunch of hard core queers trying to claim a shwang and what knot. if i want good local scene gotta travel about 150 miles to austin. their scene is decent. and like zarqun most of my friends here in town listen to radio crap and rap bs.
http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/agoraphobicnosebleed/splitwithgob.html#4
hxchristian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 4198

hxchristian is offline View user's profile Send private message hxchristian's Favorites are Private
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in houston. As far as metal goes, it's hardcore. Just in houston, texas we have venues such as Java Jazz (local and national bands), The Meridian, Verizon Wireless Theater, Walter's On Washington, The Meltdown, Fuel, Fitzgerald's, Java Junction.
The local bands here are pretty good like:
My Solemn Vow
School Girl Knife Fight
Dead Before Dusk
Breath Of The Dying

Some pretty big bands come to Houston at some of the venues above like:
Job For A Cowboy
Whitechapel
The Black Dahlia Murder
Cattle Decapitation
The Red Chord
Necrophagist
Asesino
Pinhed
SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND TOUR
SUMMER SLAUGHTER TOUR
pretty much anything you can name comes to houston
Crankles
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 4273

Crankles is offline View user's profile Send private message Crankles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The metal scene in my area (suburban massachusetts) is decent. Alot of it was spawned with the band called Deconformity, which was a local band that has played with Decapitated and other well known bands. Gathering inspiration from thier success the metal scene here has grown rediculously in the last couple years.
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

that is great to hear. but still it sounds to me, as if there are parts of the USA where there almost is nothing metallic and some areas full of it.

it is similar in germany, u got some metal capitals as Donzdorf (lol) and the Stuttgart area with clubs and stuff, and some, where there is less. but u can find a scene in any larger city. tho hiphop is much bigger

Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiphop is a plague like christianity or the flu, you can't get it dead, at least at the moment Very Happy
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: