Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Where is that confounded flag?

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:38 am   Post subject: Where is that confounded flag? Reply with quote

Yesterday afternoon I was overjoyed to find that I finally had a flag next to my username, but then after a short while it was gone! It was an American flag, I carry dual citizenship with the USA and Madness. Since Madness doesn't have a flag (Madness, formerly Mordor, a part of the larger place known as the Void, was acquired by the Men after that evil guy Sauron was finally killed, but once the Men took over they found that Sauron had totally trashed the place, so they sold it to me CHEAP), an American flag would be my flag of choice. We considered Sauron's eye as the official flag of Madness, but tossed that idea, who wants a dead evil guy's eye on their flag anyway?

So, my minions, after discovering that I finally had a flag were ecstatic, but thrown into the depths of despair after my flag disappeared after being flown a short while. Presently they are considering how to react to this afront, and I'm just sitting here listening to metal to drown out the voices in my head. I can usually control guys like the dwarves, elves and some of the trolls, but the goblins and the cave trolls are VERY unpredictable, so I can't make any promises Jeric as to what they may do.

Bottom line here. I want my confounded flag back. The American flag was just dandy, and my minions were teary eyed seeing it waving gently in the breeze. The entire nation of Madness feels insulted now, especially those of us that live in the Mountains of Madness. The flag was a comforting sight from where we sit up here in our castle upon Mt. Doom, and then it was inexplicably torn from our grasp.

So Jeric, we want the flag back, the American flag was very cool, and will do just fine until we finally settle on our own. I'll be sure to contact you as soon as Madness comes up with its own colors.

Peace
Germany Blaspheretic
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 3647

Blaspheretic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Blaspheretic's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Amendment: every listener @ DFM has the right to show her / his
(political correctness) flag and to be proud of it, so i will support CJ.
He never surrenders to fight for his own flag!
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly eat a flag myself, if ... uhmm this is not Futurama, is it ? LOL
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
USA Death_Medic RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 1099

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Death_Medic's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

HAPPY FREEDOM DAY!!!! Not you Zoidberg!!!
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ, superb text of yours.

I think the flag is determined by the IP address. Ppl that "white" flag have IP addresses that somehow have no countries assigned or, perhaps, more than one country associated. On your case, I think that your IP address is from Mordor and there is no flag for it at Jeric flag's database.

An idea: Talk to Bush that Sauron is ready to build nuclear weapons, so USA takes Mordor and your IP address becomes a USA one. Peace
Germany Wurst
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1782

Wurst is offline View user's profile Send private message Wurst's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

pesa you're right with that IP explantation, i have the same thing at my company
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@CJ: the flag is displayed based on an IP geolocation feature. you can find more information in the Main - FAQ section of the site. link: http://death.fm/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=2&categories=

there are also instructions on how to submit the correct location of your IP to the database, admitting that you know where your gateway to the net is located.

.:: ::.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: