Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Sometimes alcohol is not enough

View previous topic :: View next topic 
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:28 pm   Post subject: Sometimes alcohol is not enough Reply with quote

First, I don't wanna copy Waffen and his crazy/creative threads..
I just wanna know if someone has looked for refuge in alcohol.. I feel fuckin' depressed lately, and I started to drink more than I usually do (which is not too much).. but I discovered that alcohol makes me even more depressed..at least I was hoping to make me see all women as beautiful and perfect creatures and it was not like that.. Depressed
is it alcohol or is it just me..I feel like an idiot for writing this, but hey, no idiots - no smart people right? Grin
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 1099

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Death_Medic's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NO your not crazy Alcohol is a depressant wich makes you more depressed if you wanna shake the blues smoke a fat joint sit back and laugh your ass off!!!!
Captain

Member#: 2410

irule is offline View user's profile Send private message View irule's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Weed makes you depressed though if you smoke too much of it.

Member#: 2916

zarqun is offline View user's profile Send private message zarqun's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

no that's not true. Weed strengthens the most important mood in your brain. So if you already feel a bit happy, after smoking weed you'll be very happy. But if you feel depressed...
Another fact: weed can bring "forgotten" traumas up again, which makes you feel horrible.

Don't search your refuge in alcohol (or weed) I suggest you search it in succes or sex or extreme sports. those things cause a massive release of dopamines or adrenaline (and other "feel good"-hormones). Those happymakers will get you out of the downwards spiral
And to be boy eternal.
France yvesson
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2524

yvesson is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website yvesson's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hej,
Some thoughts :
Imo if you're to entertain yourself with alcohol, drink a few and let other drink a lot/get sick. Works for girls too, but don't expect to see them beautiful.

Some yvesson's solutions when you're depressed :
Make chainmail,
Find you old LEGOs and build them again,
Fight for something that's really worth it, like the color of the coca cola bottles or for bringing back the old design of some website.
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Misa dude, far from be an idiot, you are just human and is nice you'r sharing this with us. Your current problem might be the one of others.

Alcohol is nice on good mood. If I drink too much one day, often i'm depressed on day after (rarely I have hangovers). I had an alcoholic at home: my father. There was 2 or 3 years of family suffering til he get free of addiction. There are 30 years now that he doesn't put a single alcohol drop in his mouth. I'm glad he overcomed alcoholism and more glad yet I don't have these instincts.

You are alone and miss your very home, your beloved ppl and, mostly, your wife. You have your job and it is the reason for you be there - it's your choice.

Zarqun & Yvesson are right: You need to fill your life with activities - be busy!
No alcohol, no drugs will solve your loneliness. A busy mind, a tired body or many ppl around will do. OK!
UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 2503

Waffen is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Waffen's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pesa said "No alcohol, no drugs will solve your loneliness. A busy mind, a tired body or many ppl around will do."

Spot on! Just keep that sentence in your head Misan.

Recently I have drunk, without realising it, to distance myself from emotional problems. Also in the past I've sought refuge in smoking weed, and even earlier in my teens I abused solvents.

For me the lesser of the evils was weed. However it does make you think more, and at that level its just as bad if not worse than other substances to abuse.

My advice is to meet your troubles head-on and when you have wrestled with them leave them behind you. It may take 1 hour or several years depending on the circumstances but persevere and you'll pull through and be stronger in your mind too.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: