Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Gorgoroth splitting up?

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA baphomet
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4045

baphomet is offline View user's profile Send private message View baphomet's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:27 am   Post subject: Gorgoroth splitting up? Reply with quote

i saw on gorgoroths metal archives thing that they may break up.
i dont know how old the article is but anybody want to enlighten me on whats going on with them?
this is what it said:

There is currently a legal battle with Infernus on one side and King Ov Hell and Gaahl on the other. Both sides want to continue under the name Gorgoroth. Though many musicians have come and gone, Infernus has always been the backbone of Gorgoroth, though the last two albums were almost entirely composed by King. King has said that he ``never really left`` Gorgoroth despite his brief official absence between 2006 and 2007, which according to Infernus happened due King's ``difficulties combining playing in a clear-cut Satanic metal band as GORGOROTH with the fact that he is full-time employed as a primary school teacher.``

From a bulletin posted on Myspace:

``I am writing to inform you about the fact that there has been taken a decision to split up the band, Infernus on one side, Gaahl and King on the other. We can not continue working together any longer. What is still not agreed upon is who rightfully get to keep the bands name, as it is both parts will to continue. Since this will be a question of legal affairs, I am afraid this might take time to get sorted out. I am sorry for that.

Infernus, 21.10.2007``

Gaahl and Kinghave been left as the remaining members on Gorgoroth's Metal Archives page, with Infernus was excluded, because they currently have control of the Gorgoroth name, website and record contract and have continued the planned tourdates with a replacement guitarist. It is not certain that they will be allowed to continue as Gorgoroth, since Infernus seems to own the rights over the name and the logo of the band.

Infernus has stated lately in a press statement published at www.blabbermouth.net:

``As its founding member, building the trademark in the formative years, and with a clear intention on keeping the pact with the devil I made in Sunnfjord, 1992, I would, of course, not agree on giving away the name i rightfully own to our third vocalist and sixth or seventh (!) bass player for whatever reasons they might have.

(...)

``Late Sunday evening, October 21st, I received a text message from the vocalist stating that the November tour would go on without me, and that they had consulted legal advice on the matter and that next day they would release a press statement on the issue.

``It took me ten minutes to get confirmed that what they did was of a highly illicit character. According to Norwegian law of March 3rd, nr. 4. 1961, ?2 & 7 it is. It is also difficult for me to see how they thought it was possible to achieve what they wanted by doing what they did.

``Next morning I contacted attorney Egil Horstad from Vogt & Wiig. In a letter to their legal representantive he presents the case and parts of the paragraphs, which is now translated into English and available to whoever's interested at [this location]. It also refers to one of metal history's worst cases of backstabbing and greed to date.

(...)

``Regarding the upcoming European tour, which it seems that they intend to do in the name of GORGOROTH: I have personally been in touch with Henk at Vain Productions offering him a good deal if he would delay it, until i have a new lineup ready. And my lawyer has explained to him the possible legal consequences of him making the wrong choice in this situation. I am convinced they could be able to start up a new and rather good band on their own, and he should rather do a separate tour for that band, whatever else they would choose to call it.

``Now for my future plans: I will devote myself 99% to the present situation and the mess that occurred to help getting clarity in it and to take whatever legal action towards whoever is exploiting the name and reputation of the band. This includes some certain third parties, as there seems to be a few rotten apples among them. This is a necessity for me at the time being, so that I am sure who I can trust when starting to restructure and plan my return. I am afraid this might have to take the time it needs.``

Sad
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty old news. Maybe Gaahl will just kill and eat the other members. Haven't heard any more about this.

Memento Mori
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just from the other day:

Quote:
The Gaahl-fronted version of the Norwegian black metal band GORGOROTH has been been confirmed for next year's installment of the Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place July 31 - August 2, 2008 in Wacken, Germany. The group will be one of the headliners on the event's "Black Stage." The festival billing is shaping up as follows:...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86040

Sounds like they'll be around in some form or other.

Memento Mori
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't give a shit.. although I like their stuff..
Captain

Member#: 2951

Wally is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Wally's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cjjeepercreeper"]Pretty old news. Maybe Gaahl will just kill and eat the other members. Haven't heard any more about this.[/quote]

lololol
jemfear
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Member#: 3975

jemfear is offline View user's profile Send private message jemfear's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

the departure ay, some of their stuff is pretty good.
http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/agoraphobicnosebleed/splitwithgob.html#4
USA Soretooth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3792

Soretooth is offline View user's profile Send private message View Soretooth's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting doc on Gaahl...........
http://www.vbs.tv/player.php?bctid=769427891&bccl=NDEyODIxMzEzX19NVVNJQw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: