Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Children of Bodom
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
RottedEntrails
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 24

RottedEntrails is offline View user's profile Send private message RottedEntrails's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:38 am   Post subject: Children of Bodom Reply with quote

Wooooooooooh! new CoB cd is gonna be hopefully released on September 14th, 2005, its gonna be called "Are You Dead Yet?" doesnt seem very 'Bodom' to me
Lord-Winter
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 278

Lord-Winter is offline View user's profile Send private message Lord-Winter's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, dont prejudge by name, besides it is bodomish name. It can go with "Hate me!" 'n "Follow the reaper"

Sadly i dont have enough money to buy any of their cd's... Well, got to keep hoping that i get change sooner or later. And if this new cd should appear here, can even get little prewiev of it before buying. All we can do is wait and see...
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one of those guys who thinks the first three CD's were godlike and then there was a big "downwards-crash". That doesn't mean I dislike "Hate Crew Deathroll" or "Trashed, Lost & Strungout", but I think most of the classical fast guitar-parts and some sophisticated Synthie (throughout the songs, not the solos) are missing.

But one new song really is great : the Alice Cooper cover "Bed Of Nails".
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
thrashmetlmaniac
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 486

thrashmetlmaniac is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website thrashmetlmaniac's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know how much roope latvala had to do with the writing of the new bodom album? if he wrote a lot of it it should be awsome.
Hugo_le_Fou
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 579

Hugo_le_Fou is offline View user's profile Send private message Hugo_le_Fou's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

COB should finally split up. Basically, they just have one, maybe two songs. They keep repeating themselves over and over again. By far the most boring Band in the Melodic Death Metal area.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn only 2 post and ur already bitching about one of the more better bands of death metal, not a good start my son Very Happy
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There's proof you can't make everyone happy.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
Skull_Rot
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 666

Skull_Rot is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skull_Rot's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

even the bodom fanboys on the UltimateMetal CoB forum are saying that it sucks, but i wont judge it until ive heard any o_o
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Skull_Rot is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skull_Rot's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard one new song and it was alright, a little more heavy and generic sounding, but not as much guitar/keyboard wankery, which is better imo
Cadet 2

Member#: 880

StarForsaken is offline View user's profile Send private message StarForsaken's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wankery is the reason I listen to Bodom hah. I've heard a couple tracks off of the new one and I'm not that impressed so far. It doesn't matter though because I'm seeing them in December with the mighty viking titans of AMON AMARTH! That will be a show to remember for sure.
CoBgirl
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1220

CoBgirl is offline View user's profile Send private message CoBgirl's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I'm a girl and I'm totally fan of Children Of Bodom! I think it's a really good music band! For me they are one of best band in the world! Bu I was a little sad when I discover their last cd " Are You Dead Yet? " because I think that he will be like the precedents cds... but it's a really good cd! But my prefer is Follow The Reaper, it's the best for me!

Sorry for my English, I'm french and I'm just 15 Embarassed
Cause ot gets more painfull everytime I die

Evretyime I Die by CoB
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The "newer" CoB just doesn't do it for me anymore (reason -> see Dami's post). The new one is just :?

And Alexi should really have someone else write the lyrics for them. For fuck's sake, no wonder they don't always print the lyrics. Just look at the lyrics of In Your Face. (Say one, one word, I double dare you... Rolling Eyes )
Skull_Rot
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the lyrics could be written by someone in middle school, but CoB is not a band i expect deep philosophical lyrics from....
Ensign

Member#: 1253

Helvete is offline View user's profile Send private message Helvete's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love COB - or, rather, I love all their albums up until Hate Crew Deathroll; that one seemed a little too polished and bored me a bit. This new album, Are You Dead Yet?, has turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments of the year. I listened to it straight through a few times, and was struck by how much it sounded like bad, keyboard-infused nu-metal. It's evident to me that the spark is gone, and the best thing for Bodom to do now is to retire gracefully while they've still got some credibility left.
Alexi
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 1665

Alexi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Alexi's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Midnight_Grotesque wrote:
The "newer" CoB just doesn't do it for me anymore (reason -> see Dami's post). The new one is just :?

And Alexi should really have someone else write the lyrics for them. For fuck's sake, no wonder they don't always print the lyrics. Just look at the lyrics of In Your Face. (Say one, one word, I double dare you... Rolling Eyes )

U'r wrong about that.. the lyrics are really great.. let me correct your posted lyrics: Say one, more word, I double dare you..
from where did u got the lyrics of in your face?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: