Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

VIP Request Improvement: VIP Requests from Same Network

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:42 am   Post subject: VIP Request Improvement: VIP Requests from Same Network Reply with quote

We have recently implemented an improvement for VIP requests which allows VIPs to request as often as they normally should and not have to "share" their requests with other users on their network.

This is useful for households that have multiple VIP accounts and for people in work areas that have multiple non-VIPs requesting.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.

Last edited by JERIC on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brazil Pesadelo RIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You are ruling as usually Cool Tks JERIC
Papua Newguinea SeclusionSolution RIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2031

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my english logic is bad, we already request as often as we want??? lol dont get it stupidus

Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Seclu, netwoks using reserved Class-C (192.168.x.x), Class-B (172.16.x.x) or Class-A (10.x.x.x) addresses, communicating with external world via an only IP, do what we call NAT (network address translation).

For the server which receives requests from multiple computers inside one of these networks, the IP is just that of the proxy server (the one that does the NAT).

So, for DFM sever, for instance, my computer and Léo's one are the same (from IP addr point of view), or that given by my ISP.

If I well understood what JERIC said, now DFM server has how to discriminate even the reserved IP addresses from computers behind NAT systems. So, I can do my requests and Léo will not have to wait till my wait time goes back to zero.
Romania Razyutis
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1588

Razyutis is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Razyutis's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh you mean this allows cheating ? Wink

My Pet, The Demonic Squirrel, He Likes Metal
Papua Newguinea SeclusionSolution RIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2031

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pesadelo wrote:
Seclu, netwoks using reserved Class-C (192.168.x.x), Class-B (172.16.x.x) or Class-A (10.x.x.x) addresses, communicating with external world via an only IP, do what we call NAT (network address translation).

For the server which receives requests from multiple computers inside one of these networks, the IP is just that of the proxy server (the one that does the NAT).

So, for DFM sever, for instance, my computer and Léo's one are the same (from IP addr point of view), or that given by my ISP.

If I well understood what JERIC said, now DFM server has how to discriminate even the reserved IP addresses from computers behind NAT systems. So, I can do my requests and Léo will not have to wait till my wait time goes back to zero.

LOL thnx for the first part repetition for my exam lol but yeah i guess now i understood the second part. Pesa i said "english" not "IT" :P ok this means each account is seperated by sessions by MAC or port sessions; session IDs and not the concentrator providing just one IP-adress to the DFM-Server? right? wrong? pesa? Silly

Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Razy LOL please, don't try it.

Seclu, this is the idea. MAC Address is a more secure number, since the Port could change from one HTTP request to other.
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lost in space Smile
Captain

Member#: 1184

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

just as me just as me

Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me try to not put the things worse, Cheru & Misa.

Some people have more than one computer at home (or at work) sharing a common internet connection. In this case, for DFM all requests going from these computers have the same address (Internet IP Address).

DFM's program that controls the requests times, stores the computer IP Address and the time of the last request, in order to control when that computer will be allowed to do another request. As long as computers that share a common ISP have the same Internet IP Addr, they are the same computer for DFM's request time control.

What I suppose that JERIC did is to teach DFM's program to keep not only the IP Address, but the MAC number of each requester too. The MAC number is a computer internal number given for its network hardware. There are no 2 equal MAC numbers around the world. This number goes inside network communication protocols but is not used very often.

Lets suppose that:

Cheru have a small network at home and he and his brother are both in DFM, each one on his computer. They share a common ISP connection, so for DFM what is delivered are requests going from Cheru's ISP address - not from cheru's computer nor cheru's brother's computer.

Now the problem:

before the change made by JERIC:

If cheru's brother requests a Heinous Killings and, 10 seconds after, cheru wants to request a My Dying Bride song, he will not be in time, since DFM "thinks" he requested a song just 10 seconds before.

after the change:

Now, both cheru and his brother shows up for DFM with the same IP, but with different MAC, letting the program to recognize both machines as different ones. Cheru's brother can request Heinous Killings at the same time cheru requests MDB.

Smile
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I propose Pesa for Admin position OK!
thanx for explaining..

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pesa is right about the outcome but not exactly how we got it to work. I don't want to explain how we did it to the public either. Keep in mind this feature is only for RIPs.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: