Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Thrash metal, yes or no?

View previous topic :: View next topic 
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:47 am   Post subject: Thrash metal, yes or no? Reply with quote

Just a question but do you think Thrash should be on this station?
I'm talking about Slayer, Kreator, Occult, Sons Of Jonathas, Channel Zero,...
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
thrashmetlmaniac
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 486

thrashmetlmaniac is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website thrashmetlmaniac's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
vladd
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 256

vladd is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail vladd's Favorites are Private
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a poll for this topic..
Pixie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a need for a poll. If JERIC says no, that means it isn't going to be here.
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 310

Armand is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Armand's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spoken pixie
Cadet 2

Member#: 494

Flame is offline View user's profile Send private message Flame's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

why not?..
Pixie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Because JERIC runs the site.
Commander
Commander

Member#: 83

Pyrates is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Pyrates's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, if you want to create something like a community, you'd better give a more verbose answer and at least a hint of an explanation... that's the decent thing to do anyway, because someone was just asking friendly...

Flame, thing is, this is a DEATH metal radio, and though not all stuff here is strictly death, Jeric is trying to keep the profile, and probably also not to have to much intersection with the programms of other radio stations. So there is some kind of trash on death.fm, but in general there won't be much...

One more particular thing I could think of (though nobody mentioned it) is that one probably want the list to be as complete as possible, but if you extend to another style of metal, you're never gonna get even close. It's much more possible if you stay at death metal...

Cheers
Philipp
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, didn't really think this would lead to this sort of discussion. You could have very well closed the thread after Jeric answerred. If he says it's not going to happen, it's not.

I respect his decision and it was just a question because some bands I'd like to see on here are some sort of hybrid between Black and Thrash or Death and Thrash (Occult for example).

You may now close this thread (if possible). Wink
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyrates you're right, I should have explained my reasoning more. I'm often in the hurry and I'm the type to just get to the point.

I think you nailed it on the head about other styles of music. My goal is to mostly have death and black metal with a little bit of different styles to offer enough variety to keep the listening fresh. However, I do want to distinguish Death.FM from every other metal station out there. This is a balancing act which I'm constantly trying not to look like a hypocrite. Yes, we do have Death/Thrash (Witchery, Raise Hell), Death/Nu (In Flames, Fear Factory), and Death/Goth (Sirenia, Tristania). But I try not to add bands here that are purely a genre that's not Death or Black. Sometimes I lose sight of this especially when a band was once purley Death and are now clearly NOT (Katatonia, Amorphis).

Bascially my playlist criteria is:

1. Sound Quality - No garage sounding demos or black metal bands that think playing with less production is better.

2. Hard Vocals - The album must have SOME hard vocals that come resemble typical death or black metal. The more gothier bands here have less of this but if I feel they have enough to qualify, I add the whole album to the playlist even though some songs may have not hard vocals at all.

3. Kick Ass - Frankly, I have to at least not hate it. I listen to this station too. If I introduce bands in the playlist that I don't like then I start to lose the passion of maintaining this great station. This is why you won't see Nevermore or Nightwish in the playlist. It's not my intent to insult anyone and it shouldn't be taken as such. When I created this station it was mostly for myself than anything else. I'm happy that there are many other people out there that share my tastes and passions of music.

Keeping the balance and drawing the line is always going to be a difficult thing to do to this playlist. I'm in charge of doing that and the playlist forum makes that easier for me. Now that I have mentioned my playlist criteria and that I'm not big on groups that "influenced" death metal you should have a better understanding of my vision of what is Death.FM's playlist.

Please also take into consideration that I DO investigate all requests to add albums to the playlist. Thanks to the people who are most in-tune with the playlist, I have discovered more really awesome bands and as a result even more people have discovered them because of listening to Death.FM.

And it's ok to have discussions. It's the healthy thing to do. There's no need to close this thread.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
Curse
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 503

Curse is offline View user's profile Send private message Curse's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking sure!
Thrash is the best!
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: