Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

 

Donation Meter


Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$355.00

12 Donations:
$145.00

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-19) traveller_agr $20.00
Death.FM (Oct-19) postmasterdclxvi $5.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-16) martino $13.98
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-14) Cindylover1969 $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-13) Ankh $15.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-12) Anonymous $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-8) Anonymous $0.04
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-7) Anonymous $0.98
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-7) molossus $17.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-6) Caliburn $15.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-4) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-2) ZeframCochrane $18.00

 


Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Sep-30) Cindylover1969 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Sep-29) Anonymous $0.81
Death.FM (Sep-29) pesadelo $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Sep-28) epsi42 $15.00
Death.FM (Sep-27) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Sep-25) arucanAI $1.00




Death.FM Store



:: Death.FM Store ::



Netiquette - just a word?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Author Message
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore



Joined: Jun 09, 2006
Member#: 1992
Posts: 4046
Location: BC, Canada

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:53 pm   Post subject: Netiquette - just a word? Reply with quote


It appears to be the case for some people here. Today I've witnessed such behaviour again. An asshole requesting 20 min tracks when the Q was already very long (around 3h), intentionally going overboard. so, de we have any rules here? Is netiquette in place here or not? Anyone can request whatever no matter what? Blasph had a good idea saying that long tracks should be locked when the Q is long, maybe it would help a bit. I'm huge doom fan but you'll never see me requesting those very long doom tracks when the Q is already painfully long. Most of the people are fair when coming to this, but some aren't. I'd like to know if there's anything to do to impose this "netiquette". Otherwise I don't see any point in paying RIP if you have to wait 30 minutes for a request. You may agree or not, I would just like to hear an opinion from the upper management. OK!
_________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free - Goethe
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Joined: Nov 27, 2006
Member#: 2665
Posts: 6145
Location: At the Mountains of Madness

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


I see who you are talking about, not sure what his problem is. I kind of doubt they could put a limit on song length depending on queue length, from my minimal knowledge of programming that seems like it would be a lot of work if not impossible. Its always been an honor system, management needs to deal with it in a managerial sort of way. Silly

EDIT: I just had a brainstorm! Grin How about when the queue gets longer than 2 1/2 hours you are only allowed to request intros and outros. Those are always really short. Mr. Green
_________________
Not dead, just sleeping.

Memento Mori
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)



Joined: Apr 11, 2006
Member#: 1771
Posts: 3182


diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Netiquette - just a word? Reply with quote


misanthrone wrote:
It appears to be the case for some people here. Today I've witnessed such behaviour again. An asshole requesting 20 min tracks when the Q was already very long (around 3h), intentionally going overboard. so, de we have any rules here? Is netiquette in place here or not? Anyone can request whatever no matter what? Blasph had a good idea saying that long tracks should be locked when the Q is long, maybe it would help a bit. I'm huge doom fan but you'll never see me requesting those very long doom tracks when the Q is already painfully long. Most of the people are fair when coming to this, but some aren't. I'd like to know if there's anything to do to impose this "netiquette". Otherwise I don't see any point in paying RIP if you have to wait 30 minutes for a request. You may agree or not, I would just like to hear an opinion from the upper management. OK!


Just how do you know it was intentional? And what if, instead of calling people assholes, you'd PM an admin or a moderator and send relevant data, so we can take action? Not to mention that now, that would be useless: you spoiled your own anonymity as a legitimate user of the system.

I just don't like guesswork... Peace
_________________
diginferno

.:: ::.
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore



Joined: Jun 09, 2006
Member#: 1992
Posts: 4046
Location: BC, Canada

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


I'll never give any names.. if someone wants to do something ok, if not...
I'm pretty sure mods keep an eye and see for themselves.. I reported such behaviour once to Pesa, but no names again..
_________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free - Goethe
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)



Joined: Apr 11, 2006
Member#: 1771
Posts: 3182


diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Look, misan, we have real jobs, so we can't just watch the chat to see whose diapers need changing. Besides, maybe you forget that, being excited about the site, the streams and everything else here, newcomers may just unintentionally do the wrong thing. I don't know who upset you, but, please, either do the things right or shut up. This is not about programming, it's about people.

I remember that one of my first requests (maybe the first one) was Edge of Sanity's "Crimson", which, back then, was whole. Why did I do that? First, because it was for the first time I listened to it. Second... I was so excited about it that I didn't pay attention to the track length. In your terms, I should have been lynched.

Please try to keep in mind that we'd like to keep the community as liberal as possible. I strongly believe that the freedom everyone has on this site is one of the things that keeps you here. And, if you ask me, you'd be the punished one, for not having the guts to speak out. Even if it were through a PM.
_________________
diginferno

.:: ::.
Germany Stuka_Kommandant
Commodore
Commodore



Joined: Jan 01, 2007
Member#: 2872
Posts: 7290
Location: St. ARDBEG, D.C. double-central Whiskyonsin

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


There spoke "The Goddess Of All Mistakes"... Mr. Green - Wink digi & Peace it was a joke, btw... Cool
_________________
"More Whisky!" was my answer Cool
but i can't remember the fkn question...
France SeclusionSolution RIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore



Joined: Jun 22, 2006
Member#: 2031
Posts: 3543
Location: Papua New Guinea

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote


cjjeepercreeper wrote:
I see who you are talking about, not sure what his problem is. I kind of doubt they could put a limit on song length depending on queue length, from my minimal knowledge of programming that seems like it would be a lot of work if not impossible. Its always been an honor system, management needs to deal with it in a managerial sort of way. Silly

EDIT: I just had a brainstorm! Grin How about when the queue gets longer than 2 1/2 hours you are only allowed to request intros and outros. Those are always really short. Mr. Green


im tired of reboots and denial of service currently, also no ideas from my side, im glad the station are running smooth since a week
_________________
Never mess with la raza !
France SeclusionSolution RIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore



Joined: Jun 22, 2006
Member#: 2031
Posts: 3543
Location: Papua New Guinea

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:41 am   Post subject: Re: Netiquette - just a word? Reply with quote


diginferno wrote:
misanthrone wrote:
It appears to be the case for some people here. Today I've witnessed such behaviour again. An asshole requesting 20 min tracks when the Q was already very long (around 3h), intentionally going overboard. so, de we have any rules here? Is netiquette in place here or not? Anyone can request whatever no matter what? Blasph had a good idea saying that long tracks should be locked when the Q is long, maybe it would help a bit. I'm huge doom fan but you'll never see me requesting those very long doom tracks when the Q is already painfully long. Most of the people are fair when coming to this, but some aren't. I'd like to know if there's anything to do to impose this "netiquette". Otherwise I don't see any point in paying RIP if you have to wait 30 minutes for a request. You may agree or not, I would just like to hear an opinion from the upper management. OK!


Just how do you know it was intentional? And what if, instead of calling people assholes, you'd PM an admin or a moderator and send relevant data, so we can take action? Not to mention that now, that would be useless: you spoiled your own anonymity as a legitimate user of the system.

I just don't like guesswork... Peace


So you mean backstabbing is better than calling someone an ass??? a mod can still handle when the rumble started Very Happy btw it were 5 songs over 12 mins in one queue by the same person (boohoo ghost) so i certify this to misan; i didn´t care that day
_________________
Never mess with la raza !
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)



Joined: Apr 11, 2006
Member#: 1771
Posts: 3182


diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote


Seclu, I'd rather want to know who the ass is, since I can't pay my bills just by watching you guys and act as police here. Also, I don't read minds. Oh, and speaking of netiquette, I don't think that using bad words would be considered acceptable by the standard rules:

- http://www.albion.com/netiquette/
- http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

Peace
_________________
diginferno

.:: ::.
Brazil Pesadelo RIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Joined: Feb 18, 2007
Member#: 3090
Posts: 1940
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote


SeclusionSolution wrote:
im tired of reboots and denial of service currently, also no ideas from my side, im glad the station are running smooth since a week


The problems we had with the server have nothing to do with programming enhancements and/or new features. If it is to point a guilt, the updates (that increase the database size, as well the requests for a while) and the growth of the number of members, are the most immediate ones.

To put the max song duration as a function of queue length is not a bad idea definitelly. Of course I depend on JERIC ok implement this.
_________________
I think I think, therefore I think I am. (Ambrose Bierce)
France SeclusionSolution RIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore



Joined: Jun 22, 2006
Member#: 2031
Posts: 3543
Location: Papua New Guinea

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Pesadelo wrote:
SeclusionSolution wrote:
im tired of reboots and denial of service currently, also no ideas from my side, im glad the station are running smooth since a week


The problems we had with the server have nothing to do with programming enhancements and/or new features. If it is to point a guilt, the updates (that increase the database size, as well the requests for a while) and the growth of the number of members, are the most immediate ones.

To put the max song duration as a function of queue length is not a bad idea definitelly. Of course I depend on JERIC ok implement this.


Mr. Green Mr. Green more terabytes for all
_________________
Never mess with la raza !
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore



Joined: Jun 09, 2006
Member#: 1992
Posts: 4046
Location: BC, Canada

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Pesadelo wrote:
SeclusionSolution wrote:
im tired of reboots and denial of service currently, also no ideas from my side, im glad the station are running smooth since a week


The problems we had with the server have nothing to do with programming enhancements and/or new features. If it is to point a guilt, the updates (that increase the database size, as well the requests for a while) and the growth of the number of members, are the most immediate ones.

To put the max song duration as a function of queue length is not a bad idea definitelly. Of course I depend on JERIC ok implement this.


well, juste delete the accounts of those people who haven't logged in for 6 months or so, and save some space
_________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free - Goethe
Afghanistan DOSphantom
Commander
Commander



Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Member#: 3904
Posts: 787


DOSphantom is offline View user's profile Send private message View DOSphantom's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


SeclusionSolution wrote:

im tired of reboots and denial of service currently


Someone say my name? Snicker
Brazil Pesadelo RIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Joined: Feb 18, 2007
Member#: 3090
Posts: 1940
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


@seclu: LOL LOL LOL

@misan: No, dude. It is not a matter of save tables space, but yes of reduce traffic. For instance, if we block the access of the 20 greater posters, or of the 20 greater chat users, or of the 10 greater song requesters, we would have a thankful server Mr. Green Mr. Green Nevertheless, this would be, as we call it here on Brazil, "a shot on the foot".

@DoS: lmao, yes Snicker
_________________
I think I think, therefore I think I am. (Ambrose Bierce)
USA weaponlordzero
Commander
Commander



Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Member#: 4405
Posts: 571
Location: Louisville, KY USA

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


If I post a spam post here... will that anger SAM?
_________________
Cower... in fear... as I demonstrate... my TRUE POWER!!!!

- Ghaleon of Vane - aka The Magic Emperor
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Forums ©


Copyright © 2001-2019 24seven.FM, LLC All rights reserved.
Comments, images, and trademarks are property of their respective owners.
You can syndicate our news using the file backend.php or ultramode.txt. Robots may follow the Sitemap.