Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Wubi - The fastes and safest way to linux!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Norway tr1sth3t
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3130

tr1sth3t is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View tr1sth3t's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:58 pm   Post subject: Wubi - The fastes and safest way to linux! Reply with quote

Wubi is an officially supported Ubuntu installer for Windows users that can bring you to the Linux world with a single click. Wubi allows you to install and uninstall Ubuntu as any other Windows application, in a simple and safe way. Are you curious about Linux and Ubuntu? Trying them out has never been easier!

http://wubi-installer.org/

This one is for the noobs! <3
Afghanistan DOSphantom
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3904

DOSphantom is offline View user's profile Send private message View DOSphantom's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh..... Why not just Slackware, or the latest Fedora?
Slackware is my brand for both optimum speed, and simplicity.
Fedora seems to support more projects, so no having to manually compile a package.
Lieutenant Commander

tr1sth3t is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View tr1sth3t's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

because this helps people who have never used or maybe even heard of linux get a taste at what it's like without having to go through the process of putting everything together yourself. you get an easy installer that does everything for you with this
Commander

DOSphantom is offline View user's profile Send private message View DOSphantom's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Suppose, if only it ran on 32MB ram, and a single CD-R worth of space.
That would be the ultimate, for my dev laptop(that weighs about a ton, from '98).

Thought this vid would fit:

Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:40 pm   Post subject: Damn Small Linux Reply with quote

Well there is a solution to slower computers as well... Even the ones that do not have hard drives. It's called Damn Small Linux.

http://damnsmalllinux.org/

This is possible via KNOPPIX which can go on such things that hold 50MB like a CD or a USB pen. And it's all completely free! But since they are a non-profit organization I would suggest buying the USB pen they provide with everthing already set up so people like that can afford to keep giving everyone these wonderful things

http://damnsmalllinux.org/usb.html

This is a really good video staring Tux the Linux mascot! ^_^

Brazil Pesadelo RIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Linux:
Norway tr1sth3t
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally LOVE the Linux OS. Linux is like this amazing solar-powered engine that can be used in a street car, in a F1 or it can be daisy chained to drive a truck or an airplane. Ubuntu is like a car using the Linux engine, a zero emission, fully accessorised and easy to drive all-terrain, with power, acceleration and looks matching far more expensive supercars... Imagine something like that... ...for free. (yes that was stolen from the above website...)

diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pesadelo wrote:
4 Linux:

Woah Mad

.:: ::.
Norway tr1sth3t
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your signature too, by the way, dig. Pesadelo, I believe the quote in yours is giving credit to the wrong author. It comes from the Latin philosophical statement 'Cogito, ergo sum' made by René Descartes. It pretty much started western philosophy... I do take it that Ambrose Bierce made the same statement as well. I just want to make sure someone isn't feeding you false information.

Grin
Brazil Pesadelo RIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay attention, dewbie Snicker

Descartes: I think, therefore I am.

Bierce: I think I think, therefore I think I am.

My signature is intended to be satirical. Anyway, Descartes was a religious asshole and Discourse on the Method is boring and stupid* ! I would never quote him anywhere.

You can have some laughs reading The Devil's Dictionary (1911) by the same Bierce. Yes

*(Razy, I owe you the rights by the use of the word)
Norway tr1sth3t
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, if he were a Pegan would you have been so prejudice toward his beliefs? And just for the historical side of things if he wasn't a religious asshole he may have been condemned to death... Life wasn't your classic Christian nonsense smile and turn the other cheek back then. So can you really blame him for being so "religious"? That's also his argument for existence. If you are thinking then you are in some sort of reality or even a matrix for all we know. The fact remains that if you are thinking then you must be existing. Things that do not exist do not think.

And now just to get something off my chest on here once again except this time on the forums. Religion can be what you make it. And it doesn't necessarily have to be called religion. One can get the same feeling from science that once gets from science.

Afghanistan DOSphantom
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I just a parallel CD-drive and I could use DSL on my 486DX laptop. Might just go rescue that '92 Pentium machine from the recyclers, with the 5' floppy, CHS, and everything!

Pesadelo wrote:
4 Linux:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

DOSphantom wrote:
Now I just a parallel CD-drive and I could use DSL on my 486DX laptop. Might just go rescue that '92 Pentium machine from the recyclers, with the 5' floppy, CHS, and everything!

Pesadelo wrote:
4 Linux:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Yep, my linux box is an 8 or 9 year old pc with a 800mhz P2 and 40 gig hd. Been running Redhat 9 on it for a couple years just for grins. Cool

Memento Mori
Afghanistan DOSphantom
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
DOSphantom wrote:

Yep, my linux box is an 8 or 9 year old pc with a 800mhz P2 and 40 gig hd. Been running Redhat 9 on it for a couple years just for grins. Cool

See! More electronics, I thought I was drowning in obsolete equipment.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

DOSphantom wrote:
cjjeepercreeper wrote:
DOSphantom wrote:

See! More electronics, I thought I was drowning in obsolete equipment.

I can never get rid of old computers, and the parts are usually too obsolete to cannibalize, so you find a use for it. I don't throw anything out, I still have the same Jeep CJ-7 I bought new in 1985. Grin

Memento Mori
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: