Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Major career change

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:10 am   Post subject: Major career change Reply with quote

Who has done this in the past and are you glad you did? I've been doing the same thing for 22 years, dealing with drug addicted felons on a daily basis and suffered severe burnout/total nervous breakdown in January, due to the clientele and the bullshit I was getting from management. I start school Monday to get my Commercial Drivers License (cdl) and plan on just driving a truck for the next 10-15 years and not have to deal with all the bullshit in an office and all the rest of the crap that caused my meltdown. So, in 2 months I should be viewing the world through a windshield, with no co-workers or bosses to deal with constantly. Grin

Memento Mori
Ireland RipperChris
Captain
Captain

Member#: 12876

RipperChris is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View RipperChris's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been in sales a long time. Dealing with customers can be difficult. I own my own business and I am a counselor. Being a counselor has changed my days. I mentor kids without their parents, and I love this change in career. I still have my business and along with my wife and my kids help out less fortunate children. I love what I do cj.
Commodore

aw

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I USED to love what I did, until I started burning out, and upper management who had absolutely no clue as to what I did started interfering and fucking things up. The mess they created has caused me to leave and 2 others to retire. Sad

Memento Mori
Ireland RipperChris
Captain
Captain

Member#: 12876

RipperChris is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View RipperChris's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya. Upper management can be a pain. They dont care who they run over in order to put numbers up, increase production, and above everything with equal pay. They just cover their own tracks, and leave everybody else to fall and take the blame.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be happy about the change, CJ, and I am glad you are. I hope you'll find your balance Smile

.:: ::.
Columbia Azdragar
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Major career change Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
no co-workers or bosses to deal with constantly.

Agree with you on that. I hate to be employed and to have a fkn boss bothering my work all days of the week. Slavery is not for me. Most of the common jobs are a shit where you have to spend your time and mind for more than 8hrs per day, even on weekends cause you have to be "proactive". If you have a wife, sons, etc, you have to let them alone cause you're "producing money", been far away from their lifes, and when you arrive at nights you're so tired and you don't want to talk with anybody, just go to the bed and rest for a while. This is the fkn world we live in, a shit for almost all.
EMBRACE MY SOUL
PostmasterDCLXVI RIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 4680

PostmasterDCLXVI is offline View user's profile Send private message PostmasterDCLXVI's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gud luck king of doomsters! driving a truck for long hrs without sleep is equally dangerous. take care!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10314

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a major career change too and happy would be the ability to pay my bills and taxes... + extras :P. Changed from anything-Philosophy to IT stuff. The money i was offered in schools and at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences was barely enough to cover my smokes and daily city travels.
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ you ever gonna stop up by here?
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Major career change Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Who has done this in the past and are you glad you did? I've been doing the same thing for 22 years, dealing with drug addicted felons on a daily basis and suffered severe burnout/total nervous breakdown in January, due to the clientele and the bullshit I was getting from management. I start school Monday to get my Commercial Drivers License (cdl) and plan on just driving a truck for the next 10-15 years and not have to deal with all the bullshit in an office and all the rest of the crap that caused my meltdown. So, in 2 months I should be viewing the world through a windshield, with no co-workers or bosses to deal with constantly. Grin

if you ever make it to vancouver, drop me a message OK!
I'd love to change my job, I'd rather shovel shit at the zoo than working for the corporate jerks
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2627

bertoestra is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View bertoestra's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

gud luck cj,,,,,,,,,,,,iv been a trucker and i can tell u,,,having a good cd player and speakers on board makes ur work half so heavy to stay thru te lonely hours,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,grtz bert
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this very well may have been the best decision I've made in quite a while. Smile Passed my cdl written exams, one of only 5 in my class to do so on the first week. Aced the other 2 tests and passed my physical and drug screen, so now its all uphill and downhill (mountains, its a joke) from here. Some of the driving ought to be interesting, Wolf Creek Pass, Red Mountain Pass, all that stuff. San Juan College is one of the very few cdl programs in the country that does mountain driving. Grin

Memento Mori
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds cool, good for you
Ensign

Member#: 16078

Palpatine is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Palpatine's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Major career change Reply with quote

misanthrone wrote:
cjjeepercreeper wrote:

if you ever make it to vancouver, drop me a message OK!
I'd love to change my job, I'd rather shovel shit at the zoo than working for the corporate jerks

Coincidentally I work at a zoo, and I have to clean up the animals' excrements sometimes, among other things, but I like it a lot, I think the type of job I wouldn't stand is working in an office everyday, doing the same things everyday with the same routine, it's just not for me, I love outdoors and the sensation of freedom, if you guys understand what I'm trying to say, when I start working for real I'll try to travel and see exotic places, well it's not necessarily a zoo, it's actually a health center for wounded wildlife, when some wild animal gets hurt or hit by a car or something, the firefighters or police send them to us, and in the case of pups that lost their mothers they stay with us for some time and then they go to a zoo, because they wouldn't survive in the wild, but it's not a real job because I'm still studying, it's for professional experience, but I earn money for my work and credits in my course so it's great, the funny thing is that when I started in college, I chose the career because the person I liked at the time was going to take this course at the University, so I took this one too just to be near this person everyday, we did secondary school and high school together but I was too shy to say something about my feelings, I recognize it wasn't the smartest of the decisions, most of the time I'm driven by my emotions rather than rational thought, it's one of my flaws, but I ended up dating her and today we're like best friends, so it was worth it, in the first semesters I was struggling because biology wasn't interesting to me in any way, but strangely enough now I like it very much and I'm enjoying it a lot because I'm able to help animals, and when I finish my degree I'll be able to help in the preservation of nature and natural resources. My real passion has always been studying anthropology, history and archaeology, and philosophy, until some time ago I was considering changing my course to something in these lines, I almost did it, but now I decided that I'll finish Bio and later maybe study something related to anthropology. Cj I've been reading in the forums that you've been through a hard situation, I hope you're doing well now really, and I'm happy that you're happy now with your new job I wish you good luck with your new work Very Happy .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: