Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

The Law of Horror...Chapter 3

View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 2503

Waffen is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Waffen's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:54 pm   Post subject: The Law of Horror...Chapter 3 Reply with quote

Keys, locks and slasher movies.

Most prevalent in those fucking annoying recent 'horror' or teenage 'thriller' movies that America is so fond of. They really drag the whole horror genre down and have pushed the decent, true films well underground with their implanted tits and mainly squeaky clean high school or college characters. Anyway here goes.

So you run up the steps to the front door as fast as you can, rather foolishly forgetting to remove the keys from your pocket as you run to save time. Sure there's a knife wielding psychopath right behind you and your keys might not be the first thing on your mind, but thats really no excuse. It should be the first thing on your mind. That dosen't matter though because you will get a few opportunities to save yourself. The law of horror is in your favour.

Let me explain. You have aproximatley a sixty percent chance that the aforementioned lunatic has a bad leg or other form of mild disability like not knowing one end of the knife from the other, mental age of seven or some kind of vision impairing mask. The cameraman is gunning for you too (not literally even though he should be you stupid fuck)! He will purposley cut back to the nutter from you fumbling with your keys and make him 10 metres further back down the path than he was five seconds before. Then the psycho will trip over one of the steps on your porch and once upright again will miss by miles on the first attempt to cut you. So when you reach the door take a deep breath, stop shaking like an epileptic jellyfish withdraw your keys and calmly but quickly insert them into the lock and open the door. If you cannot manage this by the time all your chances have expired then you deserve to be hacked to pieces where you stand.

You might also find it beneficial to keep your locks, windows and door hinges in good order by regularly maintaining them with a little oil or grease. This will help negate those other really annoying features of such movies. For example; being dragged back through a window when you have so very nearly escaped, or not being able to close the door and stop the zombie infestation entering your home. Other than D.I.Y you can wear any sports protection equipment you might posess to stop being scratched or bitten on the ankle (while climbing through the above window).
Commander

Member#: 3904

DOSphantom is offline View user's profile Send private message View DOSphantom's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get slashers, it's just a bit of gore flinged around, and you're done. Could have just watched an autopsy or a surgical operation.

I carry a knife I can flick out with my left wrist and can use it as a distraction, while I attempt something fun - like a nice knee snap to the face(if the individual isn't a fucking giant).
So I don't feel the "intensity" they're trying to display.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Youre complete dismatling of horror movies is pointless. Besides youre analysis, I think we all can agree that all movies of this caliber or any movies made within the last 15 years arent worth watching. We dont need you to tell us. An making a thread then having to see a HUGE wall of text is time consuming, and boring.

I got as far as...
"Keys, locks and slasher movies.

Most prevalent in those fucking annoying recent 'horror' or teenage 'thriller' movies that America is so fond of."

And i realized i knew what you were goin to ramble on about and stopped reading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: