Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Who here is a Christian and not afraid to say so
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 

Are you a Christian?
Yes, and proud of it
25%
 25%  [ 26 ]
No, and that's it
24%
 24%  [ 25 ]
Atheist (for real, not poser)
34%
 34%  [ 35 ]
Jewish and proud of it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Muslim, and proud of it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Satanist (for real, NOT poser)
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Other faith (druid, etc.)
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 102

NecroFatGuy
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 7542

NecroFatGuy is offline View user's profile Send private message NecroFatGuy's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No religion in specific, I do believe many older religions based solely on spirituality do have some truth. Rather then modern "religions" (widespread cults) that go into church read the bible and say "PRAISE THE LORD" then pass around a bowl so people can put money in it.

I have tested Astral Projection (leaving your physical body) and proved to myself it's accuracy by projecting with a friend and exchanging some words to remember after it, and afterwords we both knew the same words, and had the same account of everything we did.

But I do not trust man to tell me what happens after I die, based on what I have seen I believe that we will continue to progress in knowledge and spirituality after we die either forever, or until we reach a state of perfection.

I also believe in the power of positive energy, for example: A lady I once knew in her religion believed that the holy spirit would tell her if anything horrible was about to happen that could be prevented if it was the will of god that it be prevented. One time she heard a whisper telling her to get her boys who were playing basketball in the front yard. She got them and took them inside and just seconds after they heard a crash in their front yard, a truck crashed into the basketball hoop and ended up in the area where her boys had been playing. Had she not taken them in the house one of them could have been hit by the truck.

As well as how prayers do often work for people who believe they will. Depending on what they are praying for. (For example: Finding something important Vs winning the lottery.) I believe it is not because the religion has any accuracy, but because they believe it so strongly they make it happen.
USA zombibob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 6553

zombibob is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website zombibob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well said and agreed necro.
Captain

Member#: 6364

erkan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View erkan's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm atheist, because I don't care about religions, they doesn't interest me.
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are here, actually, the whole Jewish Muslims? Wink Mr. Green Peace
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuka_Kommandant wrote:
Where are here, actually, the whole Jewish Muslims? Wink Mr. Green Peace

...or the communist nazi zombies? Silly
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Venezuela metalero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2087

metalero is offline View user's profile Send private message metalero's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Christian because believe in Jesus .

But i dont believe in church , religion , temples ...or whatever ..

i think that the real and only religion is your personal

relationship with your GOD ( Ala, Buda , Yave , Satan , Science ,

Sex , Money , Cosmos , Alcohol , etc, etc, etc ......) OK! OK!
USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4447

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm extremely spiritual, but not religious by any means. Religion to me gets in the way, because it creates human bureaucracy about something that no human REALLY understands (minus a select few).

I believe Jesus was real, and so was Buddha, Mohammed and a host of other lucky souls. I think they were all saying the exact same thing, just in different words based on location and culture. But over time people played a telephone game and things have been clouded... I think buddhism has remained the most pure in idea.

I believe that life is an ongoing experience that transcends this single life. Karma, reincarnation, multiple-dimensions, alternate planes... I don't know the point of it, and I don't know what created it. But I do know that it's a beautiful and meaningful experience, and that POSITIVE and LOVING growth is the direction of the illuminated.

The idea that a God only created humans is ridiculous. The universe is full of life. The idea that a God would send a good person to hell for eternity for being gay (I'm not) is utterly ridiculous. The idea that *I* would be sent to hell for an eternity because I haven't "accepted Jesus as my lord and saviour" is completely ridiculous, because I know that I'm a *good* person rooted in the light and it just plain old doesn't make sense... It comes across like a political scare tactic.

I'm a hardcore scientist, and as a scientist I find it ridiculous to rule out spiritual subjects because they can't be measured. Atoms have only been measured within recent decades, yet if you travelled back in time and explained the idea of them to scientists, you'd be laughed out of the room. Science measures and explains what "God" created... there is no separation, and much more exists than can currently be measured. So get over yourselves, people.
Ensign

Member#: 8168

DeathMetalAngel123 is offline View user's profile Send private message View DeathMetalAngel123's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a very proud Christian. I love to see that someone's posted a forum about it. Cjjeepercreeper, I didn't know you were Christian too! I've just learned, in my month at death.fm, to not mention my beliefs here.
USA DeathMetalAnge...
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 8168

DeathMetalAngel123 is offline View user's profile Send private message View DeathMetalAngel123's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

aiolyfe wrote:
I'm extremely spiritual, but not religious by any means. Religion to me gets in the way, because it creates human bureaucracy about something that no human REALLY understands (minus a select few).

I believe Jesus was real, and so was Buddha, Mohammed and a host of other lucky souls. I think they were all saying the exact same thing, just in different words based on location and culture. But over time people played a telephone game and things have been clouded... I think buddhism has remained the most pure in idea.

I believe that life is an ongoing experience that transcends this single life. Karma, reincarnation, multiple-dimensions, alternate planes... I don't know the point of it, and I don't know what created it. But I do know that it's a beautiful and meaningful experience, and that POSITIVE and LOVING growth is the direction of the illuminated.

The idea that a God only created humans is ridiculous. The universe is full of life. The idea that a God would send a good person to hell for eternity for being gay (I'm not) is utterly ridiculous. The idea that *I* would be sent to hell for an eternity because I haven't "accepted Jesus as my lord and saviour" is completely ridiculous, because I know that I'm a *good* person rooted in the light and it just plain old doesn't make sense... It comes across like a political scare tactic.

I'm a hardcore scientist, and as a scientist I find it ridiculous to rule out spiritual subjects because they can't be measured. Atoms have only been measured within recent decades, yet if you travelled back in time and explained the idea of them to scientists, you'd be laughed out of the room. Science measures and explains what "God" created... there is no separation, and much more exists than can currently be measured. So get over yourselves, people.

You make a GREAT point there aio. But, I still will have all Christian beliefs and traditions but a made a lot of realistic, valid points.
USA zeromind_
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 6465

zeromind_ is offline View user's profile Send private message zeromind_'s Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I used to be a christian, and sometimes still wonder. But for the most part, it seems like a bunch of turds. When I just went on faith, I was a believer, but when I started using logic, it all just fell apart. I don't understand how we are cleansed by God's death. How "His" mission from the beginning was to pick a certain tribe and get off on animals' burning flesh and sprinkling their blood on a wall of a temple. From there God still had in mind and made it happen... his suicide mission. Through us killing God, we are cleansed. So through sinning, we become complete. Just doesn't make much sense when God is perfect. Oh wait.... if God was perfect, then how come there is "the problem of evil"? If God was/is perfect, would there be evil? I think now that there wouldn't be. So with that said, I have to say that I'm not a christian and have no faith, regardless of any religion.

I'm not completely sure of my thoughts on the universe, but as of now I don't believe in a conscious deity. If there is one, sometimes I wonder if it is even aware of itself.

I read in a book, 'A New Earth', "that the universe is becoming aware of itself through us". But with all that said, we will probably never know, definitely in this lifetime.
Canada Necrophagist666
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6105

Necrophagist666 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Necrophagist666's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Im an atheist, which is ironic as my parents named me christian... Mad
Zambia Metalheadbrewer
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 6546

Metalheadbrewer is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Metalheadbrewer's Favorites
MSN Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Atheist because of my childhood. I was forced to go to church as a teen because of my Italian Grandmother. Who wanted me to get First Communion and all that bullshit, plus I went to Christian school from 1st grade through 8th grade. Which because of that I had the bible beat into my head for years. When I moved out I started to listen to metal and saw through the bullshit of religion I became a Atheist. I have read all about the Devil, Satanism and demons from all over the world. Some have good points, but in the end they are all used for mind control in my opinion.
USA spinemaggot
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4007

spinemaggot is offline View user's profile Send private message spinemaggot's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

aiolyfe wrote:

There are remarkable diferences between Christ, Buhdda and Mohamed. Not to insult anyone here, but the bottom line is Christ was real and a good man, Buhdda was simply a monk and a good guy too and never proclaimed himself to be a God; now Mohammed was a man who proclaimed himself the messenger of God and imposed his religion by the power of the sword, he was also a pedophile, that is documented. So, I'd say that God is that unexplainable invisible force that moves the Universe and designed all things, because if you really believe that things just happened to be and "evolution" got us here, then you, as in anyone, are worse off than the most brainwashed Christian Zionist, who believe in a distorted interpretation of Christ and are being used and led to oblivion by a bunch of saddist evil greedy motherfuckers such as John Hagee. See, I don't believe in Christ bashing, yet it is allowed here, but when you call some member an SOB, you get banned. To me the latter is more acceptabe than the former. That's why I don't endorse bands that are anti-Christ in nature; they are in fact believers, since Satan is their defacto God. I am sorry aiolyfe for using your quote, this is a General comment not intended to refute or affirm anything you said or didn't. So, no grudge please. OK!
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Brazil Daniem
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2982

Daniem is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Daniem's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

spinemaggot wrote:
(...) That's why I don't endorse bands that are anti-Christ in nature; they are in fact believers, since Satan is their defacto God. (...)

I don't think that this can be generalized to all cases. Traditional satanism brings with it an idea of liberty of all kinds of religion or beliefs. In this way, Satan is not the red devil with tail and horns, but just an archetype of the human nature without submission to any divinity. I understand that some bands use the "anti-Christ" theme as a propaganda against Christianity, or other religion in general, not because their believe in Satan as a god. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: