Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

 

Donation Meter


Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$368.72

14 Donations:
$131.28

Death.FM (Nov-19) lawless $9.99
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Nov-14) Anonymous $0.08
Death.FM (Nov-13) lawless $8.88
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Nov-13) Ankh $10.00
Death.FM (Nov-13) BLaCkVIsIoN $16.66
Death.FM (Nov-12) lawless $7.77
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Nov-8) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Nov-4) molossus $13.22
Death.FM (Nov-3) SeclusionSolution $5.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Nov-3) Choli $3.03
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Nov-3) tohuwabohu $15.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Nov-2) Caliburn $15.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Nov-1) martino $9.99
Death.FM (Nov-1) BLaCkVIsIoN $6.66

 


Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Oct-31) lawless $6.66
Death.FM (Oct-31) SeclusionSolution $166.66
Death.FM (Oct-30) lawless $5.55
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-30) Fox $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-30) molossus $5.00
Adagio.FM (Oct-30) PeteC $50.00




Death.FM Store



:: Death.FM Store ::



Who here is a Christian and not afraid to say so
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Are you a Christian?
Yes, and proud of it
25%
 25%  [ 25 ]
No, and that's it
25%
 25%  [ 25 ]
Atheist (for real, not poser)
34%
 34%  [ 34 ]
Jewish and proud of it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Muslim, and proud of it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Satanist (for real, NOT poser)
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Other faith (druid, etc.)
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 100

Author Message
Czech Republic Set-Abominae
Lieutenant
Lieutenant



Joined: Nov 01, 2009
Member#: 9243
Posts: 108
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA

Set-Abominae is offline View user's profile Send private message Set-Abominae's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


spinemaggot wrote:
aiolyfe wrote:
I'm extremely spiritual, but not religious by any means. Religion to me gets in the way, because it creates human bureaucracy about something that no human REALLY understands (minus a select few).

I believe Jesus was real, and so was Buddha, Mohammed and a host of other lucky souls. I think they were all saying the exact same thing, just in different words based on location and culture. But over time people played a telephone game and things have been clouded... I think buddhism has remained the most pure in idea.

I believe that life is an ongoing experience that transcends this single life. Karma, reincarnation, multiple-dimensions, alternate planes... I don't know the point of it, and I don't know what created it. But I do know that it's a beautiful and meaningful experience, and that POSITIVE and LOVING growth is the direction of the illuminated.

The idea that a God only created humans is ridiculous. The universe is full of life. The idea that a God would send a good person to hell for eternity for being gay (I'm not) is utterly ridiculous. The idea that *I* would be sent to hell for an eternity because I haven't "accepted Jesus as my lord and saviour" is completely ridiculous, because I know that I'm a *good* person rooted in the light and it just plain old doesn't make sense... It comes across like a political scare tactic.

I'm a hardcore scientist, and as a scientist I find it ridiculous to rule out spiritual subjects because they can't be measured. Atoms have only been measured within recent decades, yet if you travelled back in time and explained the idea of them to scientists, you'd be laughed out of the room. Science measures and explains what "God" created... there is no separation, and much more exists than can currently be measured. So get over yourselves, people.


There are remarkable diferences between Christ, Buhdda and Mohamed. Not to insult anyone here, but the bottom line is Christ was real and a good man, Buhdda was simply a monk and a good guy too and never proclaimed himself to be a God; now Mohammed was a man who proclaimed himself the messenger of God and imposed his religion by the power of the sword, he was also a pedophile, that is documented. So, I'd say that God is that unexplainable invisible force that moves the Universe and designed all things, because if you really believe that things just happened to be and "evolution" got us here, then you, as in anyone, are worse off than the most brainwashed Christian Zionist, who believe in a distorted interpretation of Christ and are being used and led to oblivion by a bunch of saddist evil greedy motherfuckers such as John Hagee. See, I don't believe in Christ bashing, yet it is allowed here, but when you call some member an SOB, you get banned. To me the latter is more acceptabe than the former. That's why I don't endorse bands that are anti-Christ in nature; they are in fact believers, since Satan is their defacto God. I am sorry aiolyfe for using your quote, this is a General comment not intended to refute or affirm anything you said or didn't. So, no grudge please. OK!



because S.O.B. is a direct insult at someone... christ bashing is insulting the religion... and as far as i know i doubt ud get banned here if u were satan bashing... religion is a choice...

believing in a religion and believing in science are not one and the same... i know a few ppl who believe in both, as crazy as that may sound... they believe all things explained by science are actually part of gods plan which in my eyes is alot more believable then everything we dont understand being part of some magical mans plan just to confuse us and test us.

as said many times before religion is a tool of control... its still being used so today but not even close to back in the old ages...

there are those religious nuts who would oppress others and push their beliefs on ppl just because they think they are right... and i dont hold that against all religious ppl... because when you have a strong enough following of ppl your bound to have some nutjobs

people can believe in what they believe... can pray to whoever they want... but they need to realize... the church is a lie... and so is the bible... its all created by man... therefore it cannot be the words of your god...
_________________
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Joined: Nov 27, 2006
Member#: 2665
Posts: 6146
Location: At the Mountains of Madness

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Set-Abominae wrote:

believing in a religion and believing in science are not one and the same... i know a few ppl who believe in both, as crazy as that may sound... they believe all things explained by science are actually part of gods plan which in my eyes is alot more believable then everything we dont understand being part of some magical mans plan just to confuse us and test us.

as said many times before religion is a tool of control... its still being used so today but not even close to back in the old ages...

there are those religious nuts who would oppress others and push their beliefs on ppl just because they think they are right... and i dont hold that against all religious ppl... because when you have a strong enough following of ppl your bound to have some nutjobs

people can believe in what they believe... can pray to whoever they want... but they need to realize... the church is a lie... and so is the bible... its all created by man... therefore it cannot be the words of your god...


Oh boy. Religion and science, or should I say "junk" science is very common today. Take a look at many acolytes of the algore, there are still millions of people that believe what this false "prophet" is spewing even though there is plenty of science to the contrary. And their fervor for their "prophet" and his religion is more out of control than any born again christian or other religious nut I've ever encountered.

As for the bible, I take it you own a time machine? Then how on earth can you say it was created by man? Yes, it was written down by man, interpreted by man, but it is God's word, maybe not in His words, but God's word nevertheless.
_________________
Not dead, just sleeping.

Memento Mori
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)



Joined: Apr 11, 2006
Member#: 1771
Posts: 3182


diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


cjjeepercreeper wrote:
As for the bible, I take it you own a time machine? Then how on earth can you say it was created by man? Yes, it was written down by man, interpreted by man, but it is God's word, maybe not in His words, but God's word nevertheless.


No offense meant, but what language did God speak? Did he even speak as humans do? I suggest you read a great SF & Fantasy work, namely "Lord of Light" by Roger Zelazny. As I said, it's a work of fiction, but it's extremely interesting, IMO.
_________________
diginferno

.:: ::.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Joined: Nov 27, 2006
Member#: 2665
Posts: 6146
Location: At the Mountains of Madness

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


I have that book digi, Zelazny is one of my favorite authors.
_________________
Not dead, just sleeping.

Memento Mori
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)



Joined: Apr 11, 2006
Member#: 1771
Posts: 3182


diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


cjjeepercreeper wrote:
I have that book digi, Zelazny is one of my favorite authors.


Cool Great author, indeed! He mastered a wonderful narrative art, so even some questionable topics were palatable if presented by him.
_________________
diginferno

.:: ::.
Czech Republic Set-Abominae
Lieutenant
Lieutenant



Joined: Nov 01, 2009
Member#: 9243
Posts: 108
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA

Set-Abominae is offline View user's profile Send private message Set-Abominae's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote


cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Set-Abominae wrote:

believing in a religion and believing in science are not one and the same... i know a few ppl who believe in both, as crazy as that may sound... they believe all things explained by science are actually part of gods plan which in my eyes is alot more believable then everything we dont understand being part of some magical mans plan just to confuse us and test us.

as said many times before religion is a tool of control... its still being used so today but not even close to back in the old ages...

there are those religious nuts who would oppress others and push their beliefs on ppl just because they think they are right... and i dont hold that against all religious ppl... because when you have a strong enough following of ppl your bound to have some nutjobs

people can believe in what they believe... can pray to whoever they want... but they need to realize... the church is a lie... and so is the bible... its all created by man... therefore it cannot be the words of your god...


Oh boy. Religion and science, or should I say "junk" science is very common today. Take a look at many acolytes of the algore, there are still millions of people that believe what this false "prophet" is spewing even though there is plenty of science to the contrary. And their fervor for their "prophet" and his religion is more out of control than any born again christian or other religious nut I've ever encountered.

As for the bible, I take it you own a time machine? Then how on earth can you say it was created by man? Yes, it was written down by man, interpreted by man, but it is God's word, maybe not in His words, but God's word nevertheless.


i believe that god told the man what to write in the bible as much as i believe that Xenu brought a bunch of souls on some DC-8's

but enough of me insulting ur religion... thats your belief and im done argueing it
_________________
Poland Aboil
Ensign
Ensign



Joined: Nov 19, 2009
Member#: 9387
Posts: 36
Location: Living in Germany, why,oh,why?

Aboil is offline View user's profile Send private message Aboil's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


My whole family are jehovas witnesses, except my mother. Her interests were a little bit different, so she feeds me (since i was old enough to understand) with books about the "paranormal". I mean parapsychology, UFO, preastronautic etc.
So i learned much about this stuff. While the rest of my fam. tried to make me a real believer. Confronted with two extrems and in the rebellic age of 15, i decide to be a satanist.
I mean i didn't read books, I consumed them, so I was not kind of chop-cat-heads-on-cementerys-at-night, not even a believer in the existence of satan. I've just enjoyed the feeling of power, that hate and destruction gave me.
Do want you want, shall be your only rule...
At least I tried to convert other kids to satan. Power for the weak.

I'm not sure if it's Gods intervention, but after years of "sex, drugs and rock'n roll", that were the most exciting time in my life- I've paid for them.

The reason? EVERYTHING you do, it didn't count if you believe in higher powers or not, change your mind/reality/karma whatever.
So deicide, pardon, decide whisley what you're want to be. Want to believe Jesus died for your sins- do it. Want to believe, destruction makes you stronger- why not?
But do it. With all your heart and fear nothing, no consequence, but you must be 100 % sure you do the rigth thing for YOU.

But If you're sure you must do something, to somebody who don't want it;
Maybe you get hurt. Are you sure this is the right thing for YOU?

Bla,bla,bla. All I wanted to say is:
If you want to see God, watch in a mirror (but don't look in to long- you might get scared)
Poland Aboil
Ensign
Ensign



Joined: Nov 19, 2009
Member#: 9387
Posts: 36
Location: Living in Germany, why,oh,why?

Aboil is offline View user's profile Send private message Aboil's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Oh, I forgot:

Tum podex carmen extulit horridulum: Credo in unum Deum...
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Member#: 589
Posts: 3246
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


I dont understand why people would even say why they are or arent catholic. You either believe and ARE a catholic, or you dont believe and you are NOT a catholic.

So those of you that posted "Im a catholic but dont belive" its kinda ass backwards. You cant be a catholic and be an atheist at the same time.

Sorry im drunk and rambling on the forums... and also... Fallen and BT are fuck partners.
Poland Aboil
Ensign
Ensign



Joined: Nov 19, 2009
Member#: 9387
Posts: 36
Location: Living in Germany, why,oh,why?

Aboil is offline View user's profile Send private message Aboil's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote


Dark wrote:
I dont understand why people would even say why they are or arent catholic. You either believe and ARE a catholic, or you dont believe and you are NOT a catholic.

So those of you that posted "Im a catholic but dont belive" its kinda ass backwards. You cant be a catholic and be an atheist at the same time.

Sorry im drunk and rambling on the forums... and also... Fallen and BT are fuck partners.




It is possible: in the hihghest missionary time of the church, they try to bring catholizm to a "backward" culture. This tribe believes in many gods, but accepted the "truth" brought them by the church.
In our times the tribe growth and if you visit them you'll see, they still believe in their gods.
But they have a new god added: Christ Jesus.

Asked why they sucrifice sheeps to Jesus and have other gods beneath him, they say: You can never know which one is most powerfull.

So they are catholic and are not.
_________________
Only the living can die
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Member#: 589
Posts: 3246
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote


Aboil wrote:
Dark wrote:
I dont understand why people would even say why they are or arent catholic. You either believe and ARE a catholic, or you dont believe and you are NOT a catholic.

So those of you that posted "Im a catholic but dont belive" its kinda ass backwards. You cant be a catholic and be an atheist at the same time.

Sorry im drunk and rambling on the forums... and also... Fallen and BT are fuck partners.




It is possible: in the hihghest missionary time of the church, they try to bring catholizm to a "backward" culture. This tribe believes in many gods, but accepted the "truth" brought them by the church.
In our times the tribe growth and if you visit them you'll see, they still believe in their gods.
But they have a new god added: Christ Jesus.

Asked why they sucrifice sheeps to Jesus and have other gods beneath him, they say: You can never know which one is most powerfull.

So they are catholic and are not.


Blah blah blah. My logic still remains.
Poland Aboil
Ensign
Ensign



Joined: Nov 19, 2009
Member#: 9387
Posts: 36
Location: Living in Germany, why,oh,why?

Aboil is offline View user's profile Send private message Aboil's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote


Dark wrote:
Aboil wrote:
Dark wrote:
I dont understand why people would even say why they are or arent catholic. You either believe and ARE a catholic, or you dont believe and you are NOT a catholic.

So those of you that posted "Im a catholic but dont belive" its kinda ass backwards. You cant be a catholic and be an atheist at the same time.

Sorry im drunk and rambling on the forums... and also... Fallen and BT are fuck partners.




It is possible: in the hihghest missionary time of the church, they try to bring catholizm to a "backward" culture. This tribe believes in many gods, but accepted the "truth" brought them by the church.
In our times the tribe growth and if you visit them you'll see, they still believe in their gods.
But they have a new god added: Christ Jesus.

Asked why they sucrifice sheeps to Jesus and have other gods beneath him, they say: You can never know which one is most powerfull.

So they are catholic and are not.


Blah blah blah. My logic still remains.



Never expected anything else.

And I agree: The ability to think logic seperates us from the primates.
Peace
_________________
Only the living can die
Germany svart-valkyrie
Cadet 1
Cadet 1



Joined: Nov 19, 2009
Member#: 9397
Posts: 2
Location: Hamburg

svart-valkyrie is offline View user's profile Send private message svart-valkyrie's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Aboil wrote:
Dark wrote:
I dont understand why people would even say why they are or arent catholic. You either believe and ARE a catholic, or you dont believe and you are NOT a catholic.

So those of you that posted "Im a catholic but dont belive" its kinda ass backwards. You cant be a catholic and be an atheist at the same time.

Sorry im drunk and rambling on the forums... and also... Fallen and BT are fuck partners.




It is possible: in the hihghest missionary time of the church, they try to bring catholizm to a "backward" culture. This tribe believes in many gods, but accepted the "truth" brought them by the church.
In our times the tribe growth and if you visit them you'll see, they still believe in their gods.
But they have a new god added: Christ Jesus.

Asked why they sucrifice sheeps to Jesus and have other gods beneath him, they say: You can never know which one is most powerfull.

So they are catholic and are not.


I am a born bastard. Baseness and not baptized. But my grandmother likes to read the Bible. Also I have read them. For me, the bible of widespread opposition. Moreover, it is difficult for me to believe in something, I can not influence, hear, see or touch.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Member#: 589
Posts: 3246
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Aboil wrote:
Dark wrote:
Aboil wrote:
Dark wrote:
I dont understand why people would even say why they are or arent catholic. You either believe and ARE a catholic, or you dont believe and you are NOT a catholic.

So those of you that posted "Im a catholic but dont belive" its kinda ass backwards. You cant be a catholic and be an atheist at the same time.

Sorry im drunk and rambling on the forums... and also... Fallen and BT are fuck partners.




It is possible: in the hihghest missionary time of the church, they try to bring catholizm to a "backward" culture. This tribe believes in many gods, but accepted the "truth" brought them by the church.
In our times the tribe growth and if you visit them you'll see, they still believe in their gods.
But they have a new god added: Christ Jesus.

Asked why they sucrifice sheeps to Jesus and have other gods beneath him, they say: You can never know which one is most powerfull.

So they are catholic and are not.


Blah blah blah. My logic still remains.



Never expected anything else.

And I agree: The ability to think logic seperates us from the primates.
Peace


Does monkey want a banana?
Poland Aboil
Ensign
Ensign



Joined: Nov 19, 2009
Member#: 9387
Posts: 36
Location: Living in Germany, why,oh,why?

Aboil is offline View user's profile Send private message Aboil's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


svart-valkyrie wrote:
Aboil wrote:
Dark wrote:
I dont understand why people would even say why they are or arent catholic. You either believe and ARE a catholic, or you dont believe and you are NOT a catholic.

So those of you that posted "Im a catholic but dont belive" its kinda ass backwards. You cant be a catholic and be an atheist at the same time.

Sorry im drunk and rambling on the forums... and also... Fallen and BT are fuck partners.




It is possible: in the hihghest missionary time of the church, they try to bring catholizm to a "backward" culture. This tribe believes in many gods, but accepted the "truth" brought them by the church.
In our times the tribe growth and if you visit them you'll see, they still believe in their gods.
But they have a new god added: Christ Jesus.

Asked why they sucrifice sheeps to Jesus and have other gods beneath him, they say: You can never know which one is most powerfull.

So they are catholic and are not.


I am a born bastard. Baseness and not baptized. But my grandmother likes to read the Bible. Also I have read them. For me, the bible of widespread opposition. Moreover, it is difficult for me to believe in something, I can not influence, hear, see or touch.


Thats why its called "believe" and not "knowledge".
And, yes they are so much opposites in the bible that you can make every bible-fanatic extremly confused.

I've tried myself with the "Ältester" of the jehovas witnesses in D'dorf.
I confronted him with:

1. Samuel 17, 4-7
2. Samuel 17, 23-51

and then ask him to read:

2. Samuel 21, 19



His reaction and confusiness was so funny to me, i had serious promblems not to laugh. (at last, i spoke to the highest authority from this sekt)

If you interested in stuff like that, try:

www.bibelzitate.de/wsidb.html
_________________
Only the living can die
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Forums ©


Copyright © 2001-2019 24seven.FM, LLC All rights reserved.
Comments, images, and trademarks are property of their respective owners.
You can syndicate our news using the file backend.php or ultramode.txt. Robots may follow the Sitemap.