Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

The Blackest of the Black Tour - The Pound San Francisco

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 156

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Saffron's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:05 pm   Post subject: The Blackest of the Black Tour - The Pound San Francisco Reply with quote

I guess that this was being fronted by Danzig should have been a good indicator how this concert was going to go. At least I got to meet Sicbox-of-Death, who is one very sic and cool guy . 8)

The concert started with The Agony Scene. I really liked them a lot although I am not sure I would call them classic Death metal. Probably my favorite of all the bands I saw or at the least disappointing.

Next up was Mortis...the lead singer came out with this really cool goblin mask. It was better then their music, imo. That and the two guitar players looked like the The Nelson twins in white face make-up and black eye shadow.

Next was Himsa. They weren't bad but they weren't anything special. They start off kicking some ass but it just got blah and boring really fast.

Finally...Behemoth was due up. They did sound checks and the drummer came out and played some warm up and it seriously rocked. Amazing drum work. I was so excited to see them actually play. And they did play, it was a good show but seriously bad work by the PA guys. I expect to feel my heart beat with the double bass drums but nooooo, you could hardly hear the drums. They sounded absolutley flat. They sound better here on 32k...I swear.

We ended up leaving after that. Sic said Chimaira's latest stuff was not real fantastic and well, Danzig...what else to say other than not my style.

Hopefully The Pound will do justice to Fear Factory/Strapping Young Lad in December and Nile in January. :?
sicbox-of-death
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 153

sicbox-of-death is offline View user's profile Send private message sicbox-of-death's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:52 pm   Post subject: Black and Bleak at The Pound, San Francisco... Reply with quote

Yes, as Saffron described, it was a mixed bag at The Pound. I had not seen a line up such at this, ever. I have been going there for many years and this was the first time the music was of mixed genre. If you're into more than one genre then, you would have enjoyed the show.
The Agony Scene was a good opening act to get the adreanline flowing, and the Pit wasted no time in doing so. The music was straight up hardcore/thrash, with a sprinkling of death. Lots of screaming vocals. Since the evening was already getting chilly(the show was held outdoors in their side yard, which happens to be not far from waters edge), contact with others makes for cheap heat!

Next up, Mortis... interesting...again, kinda mixed bag even for them. They were like Fear Factory, industrial tinged but lacking emotion. Where Fear Factory has relentless double bass, Mortis drummer seems to have come from a less excited dimension. Interestingly, there was lots of bass but no bass player to be seen! Two guitarists, a drummer and vocalist... but there seemed to be people lurking in the background. May have been someone on an 808 or similar device as a support role. Yes, the Nelson bro's as Saff said, fits the guitarists, who may have been twins...ha!

Ok, now Himsa.... Now I've always been a fan of the Seattle Grunge scene, and seen some of the acts in the Seattle underground. Well, they were...ok... I guess. But, they ran out of motivation and material at the middle of their set, which, by the way, only lasted 20 or so minutes for each group since the show got started later than expected... 'nuff said...

Now, the real reason for this concert, imo, was to see one of my favorites...Behemoth...
This is what I think... Everthing would have been perfect for them to have kicked everone's ass at this show! BUT, for some reason, the PA, having kicked ass for the previous groups, was suddenly TERRIBLE! Hmm, every instrument was lacking. The guitar, bass, drums, vocals...EVERYTHING! To me? Something was up. Maybe they were told to cool it, as not to show the headliner what the fuck is really up!
Yes, you'd have been better off listening to Behemoth here at 32K and really enjoyed them!

Oh well, so Saffron and I decided to eat. And eat we did! We split some taco's from an in house roach coach(that's what we call 'em here in Cali). Carne asada, Carnitas, Pollo asado and Buche.. Those were actually the highlight of the evening...haha! Saff had a beer and I tried like hell to find a freakin' cup of coffee...but noooooo!

Lots of good shows coming up there at The Pound, amongst them Fear Factory as Saff said, Decapitated, Nile.. and a host of others...
Hmmm, maybe I can offer to do sound reinforcement for them...ha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: