Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

"Streamlining"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, how do I listen to the aac plus streams? I downloaded the aac plus, installed it, but in both winamp and winmedia player I get "error synching with stream". What am I missing here? I looked at the plugins in winamp and I don't even have that Thompson mp3, so that is not an issue. I can listen to the other 128k stream just fine.

Memento Mori
Germany Wurst
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1782

Wurst is offline View user's profile Send private message Wurst's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
Wurst wrote:

Also the tags didn't come synchronised to the stream, so i can't record it (which at the moment the only possibility to get legal music on my harddrive online, and i even pay for it).

What am I missing here? Stream ripping is legal? Since when? Unamused

Since it is depending on the country you are sitting in. In germany it is legal, obvisiously. Recording your local radio or tv isn't illegal too. And even if it wouldn't be... it is completely not trackable. And personally i think it would be stupid.

JERIC wrote:

I knew there would be ONE person that would resist this. I won't argue with you because I can see it won't get anywhere. If you want to give up, that is your choice.

Just because a am the only one rising his voice?
You wann tell me i am the only person listening to that stream? LOL

I don't want to insult you jeric, i know you work very hard for death.fm and it costs load of money, but i work hard too and if i can't listen to my music its lot more harder. Thats frustrating. And actual i don't wanna argue to, i just want to clearify and to substantiate my point.
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
Wurst wrote:

Also the tags didn't come synchronised to the stream, so i can't record it (which at the moment the only possibility to get legal music on my harddrive online, and i even pay for it).

What am I missing here? Stream ripping is legal? Since when? Unamused

Wurst is right there, in Germany it is legal (at least if I'm not totally misinformed). But in our laws there is a big confusion if the "crime" falls under the law of the country the server stands in or where the user/client connects. This isn't absolutely clarified afaik.

And on the discussion: No problem for me, I have the possibility to play all file formats Snicker .
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
OK, how do I listen to the aac plus streams? I downloaded the aac plus, installed it, but in both winamp and winmedia player I get "error synching with stream". What am I missing here? I looked at the plugins in winamp and I don't even have that Thompson mp3, so that is not an issue. I can listen to the other 128k stream just fine.

Are you clicking on the new links in the listen page?

In Winamp try: CTRL+L > hi.death.fm

Can you open hi.death.fm in your browser?

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
BlackBird
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1144

BlackBird is offline View user's profile Send private message BlackBird's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've compared the quality of the 128kb mp3 and the 64kb aac and there are definitly considerable differences between those. Shocked The 64kb aac stream compared to the 128kb mp3 is without pressure and it sounds more sludgy. Mhhh...I love Death.FM...but that's really a pity...

Btw...what's the Url of the 128kb .ogg-Stream which should be still online? I can't handle the wma-Stream. Thx.
Germany Pyrates
Commander
Commander

Member#: 83

Pyrates is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Pyrates's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this pretty much screwed me at work, the machines are ancient and I could barely listen to mp3 and ogg. I've tried a lot, and thought I'd share my "solution". Since I can't install my own programms here (self-compile doesn't work as well), I'm now running a recent version of vlc via wine ^^

For the record, I'd still prefer ogg (or mp3), because running stuff via wine really gets one into stability issues (and maybe I'll run into trouble because of disk space, I'll see that later...).
Captain

Wurst is offline View user's profile Send private message Wurst's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now the ogg is away fine. All of the other streams neither run on Winamp nor on vlc. All of them get connection errors. As i've expected, fine.
Germany Pyrates
Commander
Commander

Member#: 83

Pyrates is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Pyrates's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version of vlc did you try? I run 1.0.3 (for Windows...) and it connects to hi.death.fm just fine. Just in case you didn't know: You can do it by pressing Control+N, then choose protocol "HTTP" and type "hi.death.fm" into the field right to the protocol box. Does this still give you an error?
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyrates wrote:
Which version of vlc did you try? I run 1.0.3 (for Windows...) and it connects to hi.death.fm just fine. Just in case you didn't know: You can do it by pressing Control+N, then choose protocol "HTTP" and type "hi.death.fm" into the field right to the protocol box. Does this still give you an error?

This is what i tried first haha. I use the newest version. Downloading the stream file and putting in in the vlc playlist has not worked also.

Btw i get messaged now from users that are also angry because of the removed stream asking me for the direct link to the ogg stream because it has been removed from the page. And i have to tell them that the stream is completly down now.
What was the sentence? 'the had to be ONE that protesting' Yeah thats right. Only me, haha.
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wurst wrote:

Btw i get messaged now from users that are also angry because of the removed stream asking me for the direct link to the ogg stream because it has been removed from the page. And i have to tell them that the stream is completly down now.
What was the sentence? 'the had to be ONE that protesting' Yeah thats right. Only me, haha.

I wonder why these new users don't use the "Contact Us" page, that would make it cleat to the staff what the problems are. We are not mind readers and we don't open your private messages, so how are we supposed to know what's going on if nobody asks? Mad

We also don't eat people, so I'm afraid that you're being used just because you're a friendly guy. Next time someone bothers you with these things, please direct them to the right place.

.:: ::.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
cjjeepercreeper wrote:

Are you clicking on the new links in the listen page?

In Winamp try: CTRL+L > hi.death.fm

Can you open hi.death.fm in your browser?

Error synching to stream. And yes, I can open hi.death.fm in the browser. Mad

Memento Mori
Germany Wurst
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
Wurst wrote:

I wonder why these new users don't use the "Contact Us" page, that would make it cleat to the staff what the problems are. We are not mind readers and we don't open your private messages, so how are we supposed to know what's going on if nobody asks? Mad

We also don't eat people, so I'm afraid that you're being used just because you're a friendly guy. Next time someone bothers you with these things, please direct them to the right place.

Haha the last sentences are funny. So you wouldn't be afraid when i would be a not friendly guy? Very Happy

They doesn't bother me, theyre just supporting me with my oppinion. And because they know they won't get any help from you because you insist on removing the stream, they're trying to help themselves / federate with people who are also upset.
diginferno

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, wow, I really missed mesianic figures lately! Very Happy

I think we misinterpret things here, by making "help them" be synonym to "have it their way". I was thinking about offering technical help instead of weapons for a revolution Silly

.:: ::.
Germany Wurst
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
Oh, wow, I really missed mesianic figures lately! Very Happy

I think we misinterpret things here, by making "help them" be synonym to "have it their way". I was thinking about offering technical help instead of weapons for a revolution Silly

Haha don't have any weapons... only silent resistance. lol how about a hunger strike Very Happy

Or do you mean i have burger king?
Quote:
"have it their way"

UK slothhead
Captain
Captain

Member#: 5380

slothhead is offline View user's profile Send private message View slothhead's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

digi is winamp staying or r u removing it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: