Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Favorites List
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4447

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:22 pm   Post subject: Favorites List Reply with quote

First, a question: How does one remove crap from the favorites list? I'ze gots me a couple losers in there...

Second, a suggestion: What if the favorites list could optionally display the track's genre? As the list grows, we're bound to forget what track is what genre, and you can't always tell by the name... And there's nothing worse than trying to req some bRuTaL ass grindcore mayhem, but ending up with a slow ass funeral doom piece. (Don't get me wrong, funeral doom is great, but only at the right time.)

Let's take it a bit further... What if the genre was displayed next to the band name in the alphabetical catalog listing? That's be freakin' great too.
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

To delete something from the list of favorites, press the "Detail" icon of the desired track/album. The "Detail" column is the rightmost in the faves table. Pressing that icon will display the chosen track or album in the "Track/Album Detail" section to the right of the table (where the album cover image is displayed). Then you can delete it from the "Track/Album Detail" section by clicking on the "X" icon above the cover image.

Displaying the genre in there sounds like a nice idea. We'll see what Pesa has to say about it Smile

.:: ::.
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar question:

How does one easily change the order of favorites?
Right now I only know of the tedious way of moving one song one rank at a time. I'd really like an accurate presentation of my favorites instead of having the same album's songs one right after the other, but doing it the current way would take hours to accomplish.
diginferno

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

supersmoke wrote:
Similar question:

Right now I only know of the tedious way of moving one song one rank at a time. I'd really like an accurate presentation of my favorites instead of having the same album's songs one right after the other, but doing it the current way would take hours to accomplish.

This can be done from the "Track/Album Details" section, too. Notice the icons above the album cover image, specifically the first three controls to the left. Once you select the desired track/album you can either click the arrows to move it up or down in the list, or simply enter the new position number in the text field you see there and press "go" to make the change.

USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
To delete something from the list of favorites, press the "Detail" icon of the desired track/album. The "Detail" column is the rightmost in the faves table. Pressing that icon will display the chosen track or album in the "Track/Album Detail" section to the right of the table (where the album cover image is displayed). Then you can delete it from the "Track/Album Detail" section by clicking on the "X" icon above the cover image.

Thank you, Digi! OK!
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
supersmoke wrote:
Similar question:

This can be done from the "Track/Album Details" section, too. Notice the icons above the album cover image, specifically the first three controls to the left. Once you select the desired track/album you can either click the arrows to move it up or down in the list, or simply enter the new position number in the text field you see there and press "go" to make the change.

It does not seem to have, or maybe I cannot find, a way to slect the track I want to set a number for it. It seems to only have the track currently ranked number one. Also, when I switch to albums, it stays on tracks and won't switch to albums so that I can fix their rank manually.
The answer is probably right there and easy to find, but often the most obvious answer is impossible to see. Sad
diginferno

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

supersmoke wrote:

It does not seem to have, or maybe I cannot find, a way to slect the track I want to set a number for it. It seems to only have the track currently ranked number one. Also, when I switch to albums, it stays on tracks and won't switch to albums so that I can fix their rank manually.
The answer is probably right there and easy to find, but often the most obvious answer is impossible to see. Sad

The list of favorites is displayed in a table. The column headings are:
  • # - the current position in the list. Clicking on the heading will switch between ascending/descending ordering
  • Request - contains the request buttons. This only appears in the list of favorite tracks. In the list of album favorites, it is replaced by a column with no heading which contains album cover thumbnails that will take you to the album details in the playlist when you click on it
  • Favorite Tracks (or "Favorite Albums") - the track name, album and artist
  • Length - the track length (only for songs, this does not appear in the list of favorite albums)
  • Buy - contains buttons that link to Amazon, so that you can easily buy the track or album if you want to
  • Detail - in this column theire is an "Information" sign (an "i" inside a circle). Clicking on this info icon will display the track or album in the details area to the right, where you can remove it from the list or change its position
Perhaps it would be easier to deal with these operations if the icons would have tooltips, so I'll pass this information to Pesa.

I hope this helps Smile

Brazil Pesadelo RIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 3090

Pesadelo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Pesadelo's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you digi Smile I will treat it soon.

Also, just put aio's suggestions in the projects forum.

Yes
USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pesadelo wrote:

Also, just put aio's suggestions in the projects forum.

Woohoo! Thanks, Pesa!
OK!
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And then there are those of us who could give a rat's ass about what other members' favorites are, or their own for that matter. Wink

Memento Mori
Zambia Metalheadbrewer
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 6546

Metalheadbrewer is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Metalheadbrewer's Favorites
MSN Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pesa, once again you are the man.
Zambia Metalheadbrewer
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 6546

Metalheadbrewer is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Metalheadbrewer's Favorites
MSN Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Favorites List Reply with quote

aiolyfe wrote:
First, a question: How does one remove crap from the favorites list? I'ze gots me a couple losers in there...

Second, a suggestion: What if the favorites list could optionally display the track's genre? As the list grows, we're bound to forget what track is what genre, and you can't always tell by the name... And there's nothing worse than trying to req some bRuTaL ass grindcore mayhem, but ending up with a slow ass funeral doom piece. (Don't get me wrong, funeral doom is great, but only at the right time.)

Let's take it a bit further... What if the genre was displayed next to the band name in the alphabetical catalog listing? That's be freakin' great too.
Dude I totally agree with every thing you said. OK!
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! You guys probably also use Facebook, Myspace and all that other social networking crap so that your life is an open book on the interweb. Razz

Memento Mori
USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Bah! You guys probably also use Facebook, Myspace and all that other social networking crap so that your life is an open book on the interweb.

Okay, gramps! LOL

"Back in my day, heavy metal used to actually refer to scrap iron!"
diginferno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not "social networking"... Check this out to find out what it is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: