Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Kittie - Alternative metal @ DFM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Death.FM Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 
PostmasterDCLXVI RIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 4680

PostmasterDCLXVI is offline View user's profile Send private message PostmasterDCLXVI's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Kittie's response to this thread....

DIE NOW!!!!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4447

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL LOL LOL
beladakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6509

beladakin is offline View user's profile Send private message View beladakin's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

women should be into DM too..even in a crapiest way... there is an opportunity of not requesting...and i do not think people will come to listen kittie on DFM too..or is it?
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have heard is opinions about this which is fine. Please state some facts why Kittie should not be here. Please articulate why they do not belong without expressing feelings or opinions. Use some logic.

I try to keep an open mind when adding things. For this I closed my eyes and listened and heard black metalish sytel vocals and some good riffs. However, the image of the group I admit appears pretty lame. The name of the band itself is pretty weak and the clean vocals aren't my taste. But I think the music has always been the most important element at DFM and that is why they got a pass.

If you feel strongly against it I will keep that same open mind. I can be persuaded by facts without subjectiveness.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Your input is well received Jeric, and you are super cool for even allowing this thread to continue.

However, I've already stated my piece (and articulated it pretty well, if I do say so myself) which revolves around the concept of "mainstream music" and whether or not it belongs here... If that didn't make a dent in your opinion, then I'm not going to try again, cuz there's nothing more to add.

Here's the scenario I fear:

Currently Playing: Nickelback
Up Next: Godsmack

Chat Window:
aiolyfe: remember when this place used to be underground?
Xeperino: yeah man.. -cry-
aiolyfe: -cry-
Cheevs: Hey I just requested some Metallica, because I like them more than grindcore now. Hot dog, they're swell.
Posti: -cry-
Dark: I'm an asshole!
Digi: -cheer-
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is logic to me, but probably not to everyone. Grin Kittie are "mainstream" metal, not extreme metal. They fall in with bands like Metallica and that ilk, not extreme, more metal for the masses. Bands such as this really dilute the playlist here, does this open the floodgates to even more MTV/VH1 bands? I say there is great danger of this happening. But, being a big fan of the underground, I suspect my point of view may be tainted. But, Jeric, I really mean it, the playlist here is getting diluted, it started with the MTV/VH1 core stuff, and bands like Lamb of God, and has now moved on to bands such as Kittie. What's next? Aerosmith? 3 Doors Down? Shocked Turbonegro? Mad I think you really need to examine what the goals of this station are. If they are to make money and attract the masses, then yes, Kittie and core and all the others like mentioned above belong here. But for the hardcore metal fan all this stuff does is piss them off. Are you willing to lose the old time hard core metalheads to jack up the listener numbers? Or is purity of the mission the more important goal? I suspect numbers are the goal, I know you would like these stations to eventually provide a nice income. But, let that income come from the other stations instead of turning DFM into an internet MTV/VH1. Peace

Memento Mori
USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, CJ. When not talking politics, you actually say something that's well thought out and worthwhile!

I agree 100%. Well said.
Commander

aw

Member#: 6546

Metalheadbrewer is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Metalheadbrewer's Favorites
MSN Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely put CJ, I totally agree about the mainstream metal but not the core. Because a lot of that stuff I only ever hear on this station.

@Jeric: Now the whole Kittie thing I agree about their music that it sounds extreme but their old stuff is more extreme then this album. Now as for the vocals there is a little growl but for the most part clean, which I thought extreme music had a lot more growl in it. I know there is a bunch of Gothic stuff on here without a lot of growl. But that stuff isn't mainstream like Kittie is so it deserves to be on here.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing about clean vs. growled vocals. This is a criteria I have always had a problem with, especially when it comes to doom. Many of the most hardcore extreme doom bands use clean vocals only, so I'm not sure if that sort of thing belongs here as part of the argument. That's just IMHO. Peace

Memento Mori
Zambia Metalheadbrewer
Commander
Commander

aw

Metalheadbrewer is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Metalheadbrewer's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
One thing about clean vs. growled vocals. This is a criteria I have always had a problem with, especially when it comes to doom. Many of the most hardcore extreme doom bands use clean vocals only, so I'm not sure if that sort of thing belongs here as part of the argument. That's just IMHO. Peace
I know CJ, but this station is a extreme metal station. Which most main stream bands are a mix of both growl and clean with more clean then growl. The underground is mostly growl and not mainstream. Those Doom bands with clean vocals aren't on here are they? There might be some but not all.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalheadbrewer wrote:
cjjeepercreeper wrote:
I know CJ, but this station is a extreme metal station. Which most main stream bands are a mix of both growl and clean with more clean then growl. The underground is mostly growl and not mainstream. Those Doom bands with clean vocals aren't on here are they? There might be some but not all.

No they are not, and like I said, this really doesn't enter into this discussion. It was just my 2 cents on a subject that has always bugged me, a lot of those bands are much more extreme than lots of what is now on here.

Memento Mori
Zambia Metalheadbrewer
Commander
Commander

aw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Power Metal then aren't they extreme? And if they are why aren't they on here?
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So far the only argument is that they are mainstream right? I'm not sure I want to use that as a criteria. I didn't even know they where "mainstream" as I do not watch MTV/VH1. So what happens when a current band on DFM has success and hits the mainstream market? Do we abandon Amaon Amarth or Cannibal Corpse? So should I research every band so see if they are not played on MTV/VH1 before adding to the playlist? I wish all of these bands as much success as possible.

About the core stuff. I'm not a fan of any core to be honest. For several months I have not added anything that is strictly Metalcore. If it is blended with Death Metal or as Deathcore and sounds good, then it has a chance here. That goes for Grindcore too.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
So far the only argument is that they are mainstream right? I'm not sure I want to use that as a criteria. I didn't even know they where "mainstream" as I do not watch MTV/VH1. So what happens when a current band on DFM has success and hits the mainstream market? Do we abandon Amaon Amarth or Cannibal Corpse? So should I research every band so see if they are not played on MTV/VH1 before adding to the playlist? I wish all of these bands as much success as possible.

About the core stuff. I'm not a fan of any core to be honest. For several months I have not added anything that is strictly Metalcore. If it is blended with Death Metal or as Deathcore and sounds good, then it has a chance here. That goes for Grindcore too.

As you can see Jeric, there is no real good answer. Peace

Memento Mori
Zambia Metalheadbrewer
Commander
Commander

aw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know any more. I give up, besides who the hell cares in the end. My musical taste is I don't care if they are main stream or underground or in a certain genre I like what I like. Kittie's newer stuff I don't like it sounds mass produced to please as many as possible. I like clean vocals but only some, well I am done.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Death.FM Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: