Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

 

Donation Meter


Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$355.00

12 Donations:
$145.00

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-19) traveller_agr $20.00
Death.FM (Oct-19) postmasterdclxvi $5.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-16) martino $13.98
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-14) Cindylover1969 $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-13) Ankh $15.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-12) Anonymous $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-8) Anonymous $0.04
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-7) Anonymous $0.98
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-7) molossus $17.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-6) Caliburn $15.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-4) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Oct-2) ZeframCochrane $18.00

 


Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Sep-30) Cindylover1969 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Sep-29) Anonymous $0.81
Death.FM (Sep-29) pesadelo $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Sep-28) epsi42 $15.00
Death.FM (Sep-27) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Sep-25) arucanAI $1.00




Death.FM Store



:: Death.FM Store ::



Kittie - Alternative metal @ DFM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Death.FM Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Author Message
Zambia Metalheadbrewer
Commander
Commander

aw

Joined: Dec 10, 2008
Member#: 6546
Posts: 729
Location: Santa Rosa, CA.

Metalheadbrewer is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Metalheadbrewer's Favorites
MSN Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Jeric you want the first three Kittie albums I have and want to get rid of them. If you got one you should have them all.
_________________
Religion is true for the common man.
Religion is false for the wise man.
Religion is power for the rulers.
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)



Joined: Oct 04, 2004
Member#: 1
Posts: 1518
Location: Richmond, VA

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


BTW, I am not trying to win an argument. I'm playing devil's advocate and using logic. My mind is still open.
_________________
"It's all Venger's fault! We oughtta do something about that guy. " -Eric

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Joined: Nov 27, 2006
Member#: 2665
Posts: 6145
Location: At the Mountains of Madness

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


JERIC wrote:
BTW, I am not trying to win an argument. I'm playing devil's advocate and using logic. My mind is still open.


Mine isn't, but then yours is the one that counts. LOL
_________________
Not dead, just sleeping.

Memento Mori
Zambia Metalheadbrewer
Commander
Commander

aw

Joined: Dec 10, 2008
Member#: 6546
Posts: 729
Location: Santa Rosa, CA.

Metalheadbrewer is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Metalheadbrewer's Favorites
MSN Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Mine isn't, but then yours is the one that counts. LOL
We know, we know. LOL LOL OK!
_________________
Religion is true for the common man.
Religion is false for the wise man.
Religion is power for the rulers.
USA aiolyfe RIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander



Joined: Jan 04, 2008
Member#: 4447
Posts: 438
Location: Colorado

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Metalheadbrewer wrote:
cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Mine isn't, but then yours is the one that counts. LOL
We know, we know. LOL LOL OK!

LOL OK!
USA aiolyfe RIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander



Joined: Jan 04, 2008
Member#: 4447
Posts: 438
Location: Colorado

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Yeah man, tough call... It's more art than science with this.

For the record, I don't hate mainstream music. I *love* metallica, alice in chains, megadeth, korn and all those bands. I just feel they don't fit the vibe of the site...

How do you quantify a "vibe" and create a system of logical measurement to judge bands and their potential fit here at d.fm? Fuck if I know, man. But I will say that it appears "logic" is too fuzzy for this application, and you'll probably just need to go with the "art" side of it most of the time... and we all know that art is anything but universal.

Sometimes it sucks to be the boss, and you Da Boss, bro.
_________________
Death to false metal. \,,/
Canada DarthyPoo
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Member#: 589
Posts: 3246
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

DarthyPoo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View DarthyPoo's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Hey here is an idea to you all. Instead of giving "logical" reason like jeric asked about removing it... how about you just not request it? Problem solved.

Who gives a fuck if its on the station... the only one that has requested thus far was me and i was just curious to see what they sounded like on their 09 album.

If you dont like it, dont request it. GOD YOU FUCKING PPL ARE DUMB.

JERIC DONT LISTEN TO THESE PPL. THEY ARE BAD.
Germany Stuka_Kommandant
Commodore
Commodore



Joined: Jan 01, 2007
Member#: 2872
Posts: 7290
Location: St. ARDBEG, D.C. double-central Whiskyonsin

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Dark wrote:
... how about you just not request it? Problem solved.


GREAT IDEA!!! Yes Cool Peace
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Joined: Nov 27, 2006
Member#: 2665
Posts: 6145
Location: At the Mountains of Madness

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Dark wrote:
Hey here is an idea to you all. Instead of giving "logical" reason like jeric asked about removing it... how about you just not request it? Problem solved.

Who gives a fuck if its on the station... the only one that has requested thus far was me and i was just curious to see what they sounded like on their 09 album.

If you dont like it, dont request it. GOD YOU FUCKING PPL ARE DUMB.

JERIC DONT LISTEN TO THESE PPL. THEY ARE BAD.


You don't get it. If it is here some dumbass is going to request it no matter what. And then more crap like this gets added and more gets requested and pretty soon its gaymetal 24/7.
_________________
Not dead, just sleeping.

Memento Mori
Germany Stuka_Kommandant
Commodore
Commodore



Joined: Jan 01, 2007
Member#: 2872
Posts: 7290
Location: St. ARDBEG, D.C. double-central Whiskyonsin

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Dark wrote:
Hey here is an idea to you all. Instead of giving "logical" reason like jeric asked about removing it... how about you just not request it? Problem solved.

Who gives a fuck if its on the station... the only one that has requested thus far was me and i was just curious to see what they sounded like on their 09 album.

If you dont like it, dont request it. GOD YOU FUCKING PPL ARE DUMB.

JERIC DONT LISTEN TO THESE PPL. THEY ARE BAD.


You don't get it. If it is here some dumbass is going to request it no matter what. And then more crap like this gets added and more gets requested and pretty soon its gaymetal 24/7.


Let's her it for my *old* friend!!! OK! Peace
Togo supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)



Joined: Aug 20, 2008
Member#: 5788
Posts: 725
Location: Pennsylvania

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


Mainstream needs a better definition.

Because there's several bands on death.fm, aside from Kittie, that are recognized on mtv.

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/behemoth/artist.jhtml

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/immolation/artist.jhtml

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/deicide/artist.jhtml

For example.
Columbia Nihilath
Commander
Commander



Joined: Jan 20, 2009
Member#: 6827
Posts: 550


Nihilath is offline View user's profile Send private message View Nihilath's Favorites
AIM Address MSN Messenger Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


hey Dark

because if you're very curious to hear this kind of groups, listen to alone in your room, do not pollute the underground of the faithful listeners of the station.
USA aiolyfe RIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander



Joined: Jan 04, 2008
Member#: 4447
Posts: 438
Location: Colorado

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote


supersmoke wrote:
Mainstream needs a better definition.

Because there's several bands on death.fm, aside from Kittie, that are recognized on mtv.

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/behemoth/artist.jhtml
http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/immolation/artist.jhtml
http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/deicide/artist.jhtml

For example.

Fortunately, music isn't made mainstream by the mere recognition of it by popular culture.

Music is made mainstream from the vast level of commercialism surrounding it (which almost inevitably influences it, and sometimes completely controls it ... not always a bad thing, IMO).
Togo supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)



Joined: Aug 20, 2008
Member#: 5788
Posts: 725
Location: Pennsylvania

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote


aiolyfe wrote:
supersmoke wrote:
Mainstream needs a better definition.

Because there's several bands on death.fm, aside from Kittie, that are recognized on mtv.

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/behemoth/artist.jhtml
http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/immolation/artist.jhtml
http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/deicide/artist.jhtml

For example.

Fortunately, music isn't made mainstream by the mere recognition of it by popular culture.

Music is made mainstream from the vast level of commercialism surrounding it (which almost inevitably influences it, and sometimes completely controls it ... not always a bad thing, IMO).


There's more commercialism around Cannibal Corpse and Deicide than Kittie.
Germany headdead
Lieutenant
Lieutenant



Joined: Dec 05, 2007
Member#: 4289
Posts: 138
Location: Jena, Germany

headdead is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website headdead's Favorites are Private
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote


up to now I have just read 2 good statements to this
1. CJ, could not have put it better
2. Dark, not requesting it is a pretty good idea

The complete discussion afterwards on what is mainstream and what is not is ridiculous. There is no doubt about that, for example Slayer sells more records than Kittie. But are they more mainstream than Kittie and fit in here even less?
DFM is a Death and Black Metal radio station with some extra spice of Doom, Goth and Core. Kittie is just some alternative stuff which uses guitars, but that doesn`t make it "Metal". One could also add Marilyn Manson, its with guitars and definitely more extreme than Kittie.
And yes Jeric I agree with you in regards of all this Metalcore stuff. Its close to the border of not fitting in but "alternative metal" is just right beyond this border.
Just imagine how the crowd would react to Kittie-like band at a metal festival, lets say Maryland Deathfest or any other extreme festival. Nobody would do this because it just doesn`t work.
Neutral Peace
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Death.FM Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Forums ©


Copyright © 2001-2019 24seven.FM, LLC All rights reserved.
Comments, images, and trademarks are property of their respective owners.
You can syndicate our news using the file backend.php or ultramode.txt. Robots may follow the Sitemap.