Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Death.FM VIP Membership
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:48 pm   Post subject: Death.FM VIP Membership Reply with quote

We're working on adding a VIP sytem to Death.FM. This will take over the donation meter. Check it out here and let me know what your thoughts are on this.

http://death.fm/modules.php?name=VIP

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.

Last edited by JERIC on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Skrymir
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1186

Skrymir is offline View user's profile Send private message Skrymir's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is not a bad idea, but i would not abolish the donation meter. At least not as long as the VIP thing is working proper and there are enough VIPs to keep this thing running.

Now some questions:
How long will the membership stand if i send in CDs?
1 CD 3 months, 2 CDs 6 months??
And what are the adavntages or goodies you will get as a VIP, or is this still secret and in development.

*edit* Oh, i just recognized that VIPs get shorter request times Smile

So long,
Skrymir
TORTUREGOD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1219

TORTUREGOD is offline View user's profile Send private message TORTUREGOD's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its the dumbest idea of 2006 already, why do u think we are here ?

for the fun of req a song and chat with each other bout some good music!
there are more webstations where u can req more songs in 1 hour but the fun of chat isnt there.

i think its insane to ask money for music kistening , most of the people have their own cd collection at home that goes far beyond death fm but we want to communicate , and im neither paying for communication , than i call my deaf grand ma and tell her that i like her so much! Sad Sad

plz be smart and dont fuck your own site now.
Skrymir
Ensign
Ensign

Skrymir is offline View user's profile Send private message Skrymir's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you get so upset about this? If you don't want to donate money you needn't. It's voluntary.
I don't know if CDs are for free or money grows on the trees where you live but normally it doesn't and you have to pay for them. And if you want to see new/more Albums on death.fm someone(Jeric) has to buy them. And i don't think his second name is Krösus.
TORTUREGOD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

TORTUREGOD is offline View user's profile Send private message TORTUREGOD's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

its not that i dont want to listen to this , its the shitty way he wants to get money , first u can req 1 in 10 minutes so its fun, now 1 in 30 min, crap, with the forth coming problem that the people who are vip just put in the songs we allready here enough off , that shitty clown music like fintroll and stuff

that is my problem u know it shouild be for free just lik eon the other stations, here u can chat with other people about some music and im surely not paying to chat u know!
Skrymir
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok i think i know what you mean.
But in my opinion it's ok that VIPs get some advantages such as shorter req.times but i agree with you that is't not very nice that therefore the "normal" users get into disadvantage compared to the situation before.
TORTUREGOD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

u got my point there! first its 10 min utes now 30 so what is going to happen, if i call someone NORSK is vip hes ramming all kind of shit like fintroll(not my kind of music) through my throat for u dont know how long u see if he can req every 5 mninutes songs that r 10 or 12 min long and i have to wait 30 minutes for 1 that is fucking unfair my song is coming maybe after 1 hour or worser if u have the mdb shit 2 hours, so whats the fun then to stay here and i think jeric kills him self with this.

and im not attacking norsk or metalhead or someone else but everyone has its favourits u know and i think thats not going to be the way jeric wanted, most off the listeners are young dudes who cant donate or send cds coz they dont have the credit card or the money.

regards torturegod
Skrymir
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand you. But i think it would be also nice to see what the other guys think about this and we also should wait for a statement from Jeric.

Your problem it that you are just looking at this from the "your music" point if view. You also have to bethink that other people might not want to hear the music you're requesting all the time. But you're very right that the whole thing could become very unbalanced.
TORTUREGOD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

of course they dont want to hear my choice of music , but if this rule stays on then its gonna cost listeners and thats the beginning of the end i think.

let the non vips req once in 10 minutes so its better for the list and the listeners u c

greetings
Skrymir
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do Smile
30min are really a bit too hard
Skull_Rot
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 666

Skull_Rot is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skull_Rot's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TORTUREGOD

First off, I'd like to say that this thread reeks of teen angst. Many users I've talked to on DFM are pretty mature, so I highly doubt the VIP's will be spamming a bunch of music no one likes. Next in line we have a concept called "opinion." I don't like 98% of the bands people queue, but I don't sit in the chat bitching about how much the bands suck. Coming into a thread and immediately complaining is not a great way to get things solved. Think of some constructive solutions and people might listen to you.

Overall I haven't seen any spamming or other problems with the VIP requests, but the request times for regular users should be cut in half. 30 minutes seems pretty unfair in comparison to 5. 15:5 or 20:5 seems a lot more reasonable. On the other hand if someone notices a VIP user abusing their privileges, they should be revoked. Compromise people.
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not bitching around like u said, but i'm just trying to get jeric his attention with all my complaining coz in the last few weeks that i listen to DFM the station is turning from death metal to black/viking/doom metal and i think that is not the idea behind DEATH fm then we can call it doom fm or something else, and im mature enough to say that i can be a real pain in the so said ass, but why is the req set to 30 min for non vip, u know who made this station a little bit possible huh.

still we, with our mouth to mouth advertising and now we get this! i think that sucks real hard.

what if we all stay away here , jeric can shut this down , its just the fun of chatting and req, i dont have all day time to sit here and wait when i can do a req.
if this stays so i will guarantee u this will be a doom/black station in no time.

if that is what u want forget all my writings and go further on like nothing happened, i liked the station of its good death metal what i heard here and still can here but less.

regards torturegod
TORTUREGOD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, im not going to bother u anymore with this and i hope that we can still listen to death metal on death fm in a few weeks but i doubt it.

greetings torturegod..... Twisted Evil
vladd
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 256

vladd is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail vladd's Favorites are Private
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fucking bad idea...I can't say exactly what I think, because I'm bad in english. OK, there's lots of request on last days, and pehraps you need some money to keep the station online. But, it's heavy ( oumpf ). So, I'll never become a VIP, it cost so much.
A day, maybe we'll pay to LISTEN to the station ?
TORTUREGOD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well said, its a bad fucking idea thats as simple as hell!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: