Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Persistent long Q vs. long songs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:15 am   Post subject: Persistent long Q vs. long songs Reply with quote

With the growth of DFM a real problem has cropped up that is irritating and IMO needs some sort of solution. The Q is nowadays VERY seldom under 2 hours, if it dips below that it is only for a very short time over the course of a 24 hour day. So what is happening is that virtually all the songs over 9:50 are getting NO air time at all. Some bands therefore are going virtually unplayed. An example of this is Woodtemple (there are many others), I went to request a song by them yesterday and there is ONE song on all their albums that is not an instrumental outro, intro or interlude that is not too long for a 2 hr. + Q! Jeric, is there something that can be done here to change your filter a bit, say limit the number of 9:50+ songs in a 2 hr.+ Q to a couple, but not completely banning them?

Thanks for your consideration in this matter, I'm sure I'm not the only one that is bothered by this. I have virtually completely stopped listening to the stream because of this, 50 3 minute brutal dm songs in a 3 hr. Q becomes VERY monotonous, it would be nice to toss in a longer song now and then. Peace

Memento Mori
USA Death_Medic RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 1099

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Death_Medic's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get with Jeric and or BQ to adress some of the issues you guys are having with the requests and the Que. I will keep you guys informed
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Death_Medic wrote:
I will get with Jeric and or BQ to adress some of the issues you guys are having with the requests and the Que. I will keep you guys informed

Thanks DM Smile

Memento Mori
Columbia Azdragar
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the problem is about more RIP's and multiple accounts logged in.
EMBRACE MY SOUL
Pakistan lunarstrain88 RIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 9680

lunarstrain88 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View lunarstrain88's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Azdragar wrote:

No, the problem is completely banning tracks over 9:50 mins when the Queue is above 2 hours. The Queue seldom falls below that threshold and some listeners are unable to request at all because of that OK! Often, there are quite a few tracks of around 9 mins in the Queue which add almost as much as the 10-12 min tracks not allowed in a Queue over 2 hours. Multiple accounts occur rarely and donot have a major impact on Queue Length
How about just lifting the length of playable tracks under 2 hours to around 12 mins Yes I feel many of the longer tracks especially Doom ones are at most around that length, there are not that many in the database greater than 15 mins Peace

Last edited by lunarstrain88 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for multiple accoutn requests, and so far I've found one such instance when the queue gets really long.

If the queue is going to remain this long during the week then some sort of punishment will probably be installed to prevent selfish people from doing that.
Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the simply solution to your problems OK! :
> first: open the *Playlists* database and
> second: delete all the (funeral) doom albums there... That's all!!!
This is being required in order to minimize the data of the overlong queue.
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green --- JOKE!, btw Wink Cool Peace

Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 3336

Modos is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Modos's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuka_Kommandant wrote:
Here's the simply solution to your problems OK! :
> first: open the *Playlists* database and
> second: delete all the (funeral) doom albums there... That's all!!!
This is being required in order to minimize the data of the overlong queue.

OK! OK! OK!
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm if we deny all songs that are brutal core gore or something in between we loose 2/3 of the queue lenght...so then the full lenght of it should drop to hour or so Mr. Green
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that issue sucks, let's hope somebody comes up with a good solution.

*Brain-mechanics clattering*
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Germany DanielHahn RIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 1388

DanielHahn is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website DanielHahn's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lunarstrain88 wrote:
Azdragar wrote:

No, the problem is completely banning tracks over 9:50 mins when the Queue is above 2 hours. The Queue seldom falls below that threshold and some listeners are unable to request at all because of that OK! Often, there are quite a few tracks of around 9 mins in the Queue which add almost as much as the 10-12 min tracks not allowed in a Queue over 2 hours. Multiple accounts occur rarely and donot have a major impact on Queue Length
How about just lifting the length of playable tracks under 2 hours to around 12 mins Yes I feel many of the longer tracks especially Doom ones are at most around that length, there are not that many in the database greater than 15 mins Peace
you keep it very long,did you realize?btw
Captain

Member#: 9680

lunarstrain88 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View lunarstrain88's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

analbirth wrote:
lunarstrain88 wrote:
Azdragar wrote:

you keep it very long,did you realize?btw

I am well aware of the queue length when requesting Yes i only have a few long requests of mine everyday, coincidencially they seem to be playing at times when the Q is short itself. Most of my requests are under 6 mins in length . I dont see anything wrong in requesting a few long tracks when the Queue goes below 1.5 hours and there are only a handful of requesters online but i will make sure they are out of the Queue before you login OK! I have a lot of time to wait for the Q to fall, others dont. I am sure you would have noticed that i generally request shorter ones Peace

Last edited by lunarstrain88 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10314

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw the long q, i'm sick of waiting for 3 songs 10 min + to finish, so that i request a 2 min song. Some long songs are really welcome, but 5 doomsters in the q can have the play list for themselves only. I am working hard and i just don't see the benefit of being a RIP, if i have to stare at the damn screen all the time, instead of doing whatever i am actually doing and requesting from time to time. Just think of a DOOM.FM project to solve all of these issues.
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Canada urielms
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9192

urielms is offline View user's profile Send private message View urielms's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

neckfreak wrote:
Screw the long q, i'm sick of waiting for 3 songs 10 min + to finish, so that i request a 2 min song. Some long songs are really welcome, but 5 doomsters in the q can have the play list for themselves only. I am working hard and i just don't see the benefit of being a RIP, if i have to stare at the damn screen all the time, instead of doing whatever i am actually doing and requesting from time to time. Just think of a DOOM.FM project to solve all of these issues.
DOOM.FM that would be a nice touch lol
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

urielms wrote:
neckfreak wrote:
DOOM.FM that would be a nice touch lol
Shocked Woah do think that us "blackers and doomsters" enjoy 18 songs of brutal death or bree in a row neckie....LOL Very Happy Peace so shut up and try to enjoy Yes
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: