Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Does 24seven.FM need a new station?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my position... I think the station itself should be capped not the time limit of specific songs. Thats way we dont hear the "OMG i cant request my song, cuz my music its so fucking slow and boring and not to mention long" instead we will have " fuck the station is capped i cant request shit". Then we dont have any music racism.

Another thing is as the name of the station state the majority of this station is Death Metal. Even so when people see the name of the station they expect Death Metal, however it should be followed by Black Metal and whatever is left. Death metal should ALWAYS have a priority on this station, so if you dont like the que "oh well i stopped listening to the steam cuz im sick of hearing piggy metal for 2 hours" too fucking bad. Thats what this station is about, and if you decide to not listen anymore we wont miss you.

Sincerely:
Asshole
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The cap is 3 hours 30 minutes. Can't request anything at that point.
Lieutenant

Member#: 11215

rudolf667 is offline View user's profile Send private message rudolf667's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark wrote:
Here is my position... I think the station itself should be capped not the time limit of specific songs. Thats way we dont hear the "OMG i cant request my song, cuz my music its so fucking slow and boring and not to mention long" instead we will have " fuck the station is capped i cant request shit". Then we dont have any music racism.

Another thing is as the name of the station state the majority of this station is Death Metal. Even so when people see the name of the station they expect Death Metal, however it should be followed by Black Metal and whatever is left. Death metal should ALWAYS have a priority on this station, so if you dont like the que "oh well i stopped listening to the steam cuz im sick of hearing piggy metal for 2 hours" too fucking bad. Thats what this station is about, and if you decide to not listen anymore we wont miss you.

Sincerely:
Asshole

I share this opinion, most doom requests are quite long and slow and there for boring, (my opinion).

And it would only be fair to treat everybody the same.

Btw i was reading something in here about double accounts, i can't see any reason why anybody would need that, so why not make sure that every person has 1 account each
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark wrote:

Sincerely:
Asshole

One thing needs clarification here. True death metal, in the style of Death or Immolation or bands like that is great. But filling the Q up with 3 hours of mostly sucky squealing and grunting, now that sucks. Fill it up with real death metal, not barnyard metal. Peace

Memento Mori
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Dark wrote:

Sincerely:
Asshole

One thing needs clarification here. True death metal, in the style of Death or Immolation or bands like that is great. But filling the Q up with 3 hours of mostly sucky squealing and grunting, now that sucks. Fill it up with real death metal, not barnyard metal. Peace

This statement is completely irrelavent. Death metal is Death Metal, dont justify your music by breaking up Death Metal into subgenres to prove your point.
USA sabequt RIP (subscribed member)
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 2671

sabequt is offline View user's profile Send private message View sabequt's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

At some point in the history of this station, someone (Jeric, admins, whoever) decided that diversity was needed. That being said, it's a shame that a considerable portion of the playlist cannot be requeted due to the ever growing q length. The restriction on long songs in long q does not seem to have any impact on q lengths. It only seems to have successfully blocked a portion of the playlist from being played.

It seems to me that there is no easy answer to this. Adjusting request waits, RIP and non-RIP seems like it will do little, there really are only a handful of RIPs who request a lot.

For the little my opinion matters to anyone, Death.FM is a better station for the mix of metal genres that it now hosts then when it was only death and gore. I would like to see more diversity in the playlist all the time. But as that's not going to happen, I'm with cj ... not bothering to tune.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And this discussion is irrelevant to the original point. The original point, in short, there is a lot of music here that rarely gets played because of the 9:50 filter at a 2 hr. Q. Peace

Memento Mori
iffa
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 6149

iffa is offline View user's profile Send private message iffa's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO it couldnt be bad if there will appear some sequence: Death.fm, Doom.fm, Trash.fm, Black.fm, etc.
Then the broblem will be fixed, probably Wink

Last edited by iffa on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 2560

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail BuyerQueen's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

iffa wrote:
IMO it`s couldnt be bad if there will appear some sequence: Death.fm, Doom.fm, Trash.fm, Black.fm, etc.

JERIC and I joked about that this weekend, and I do mean JOKED. I even wrote the station i.d.s

"Doom.FM - It's your funeral"
"Doom.FM - Try to stay awake"

Of course it would be lovely if we had the time to give every genre a station, but that won't happen.

You can't make everyone happy all the time, so we have given up trying. JERIC and I are always discussing what can be done to make it better, and everytime we think we have a good idea, we come up with reasons it won't work. We do listen to the complaints and arguements and we do discuss these issues extensively. Don't give up yet, either side.

BQ
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we just have to respect others music here, most of us comes here for variety of station anyways.
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BuyerQueen wrote:
iffa wrote:
IMO it`s couldnt be bad if there will appear some sequence: Death.fm, Doom.fm, Trash.fm, Black.fm, etc.

JERIC and I joked about that this weekend, and I do mean JOKED. I even wrote the station i.d.s

Of course it would be lovely if we had the time to give every genre a station, but that won't happen.

You can't make everyone happy all the time, so we have given up trying. JERIC and I are always discussing what can be done to make it better, and everytime we think we have a good idea, we come up with reasons it won't work. We do listen to the complaints and arguements and we do discuss these issues extensively. Don't give up yet, either side.

BQ

Thanks. And BTW, Doom.fm is not a totally dead idea, its something that has been percolating in the back of my mind for a couple years...for when I have time, if ever. Wink

Memento Mori
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sabequt wrote:
At some point in the history of this station, someone (Jeric, admins, whoever) decided that diversity was needed. That being said, it's a shame that a considerable portion of the playlist cannot be requeted due to the ever growing q length. The restriction on long songs in long q does not seem to have any impact on q lengths. It only seems to have successfully blocked a portion of the playlist from being played.

It seems to me that there is no easy answer to this. Adjusting request waits, RIP and non-RIP seems like it will do little, there really are only a handful of RIPs who request a lot.

For the little my opinion matters to anyone, Death.FM is a better station for the mix of metal genres that it now hosts then when it was only death and gore. I would like to see more diversity in the playlist all the time. But as that's not going to happen, I'm with cj ... not bothering to tune.

you are right about this....
basher wrote:
: hmm if we deny all songs that are brutal core gore or something in between we loose 2/3 of the queue lenght...so then the full lenght of it should drop to hour or so
was ment to be funny
Germany DanielHahn RIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 1388

DanielHahn is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website DanielHahn's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BuyerQueen wrote:
iffa wrote:

BQ
dark(ness).fm (gothic&doom)BQ Yes that i great idea. right Yes
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've adjusted the long song to 13 minutes for now.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
Neth Antilles rudolf667
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11215

rudolf667 is offline View user's profile Send private message rudolf667's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You always could try out capping the station like dark said, do that for a month or so and see if it's working out.

If not try something else, maybe you will get some results.

And there are some members of DFM who listen to other stations besides this one, and they come back every time so i don't think that any harm would be done with trying out some stuff to fix this problem.

DFM is more than only a queue, and like there was said before "you can't make every body happy" OK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: