Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

The Return of the "Long Songs Ban"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Enforce this (or similar) restriction?
Yes!
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
No!
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10314

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, who is talking about song banning, based on length?!?!? What is wrong with you people? Did you guys even read the first post what this is all about? It's a simple poll with yes and no options, and there is a whole discussion on old and dumb topics, including flaming! Gosh!
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
USA spinemaggot
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4007

spinemaggot is offline View user's profile Send private message spinemaggot's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I say, if it's in the playlist, Jeric put it there, and as such it is fair game. However, existing restrictions will apply, such as the 13 min over 2 hour stuff. I'll disect Necko's post subsequentely.
USA spinemaggot
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4007

spinemaggot is offline View user's profile Send private message spinemaggot's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:23 pm   Post subject: Re: The Return of the "Long Songs Ban" Reply with quote

neckfreak wrote:
Today i got really pissed off about a large number of 10+ mins songs in the queue.

Well, don't get pissed is a simple solusion.

neckfreak wrote:
... but i'm afraid that the "aimus" syndrome is rolling all over again.

Leave Aimus alone, please.

neckfreak wrote:
My proposal: The person that has requested a 9-10+ min long song NOT to be able to request a 9-10+ song in the next 1'30-2 hrs.

No, simply.

neckfreak wrote:
For a whole workday 8 hrs+ i request probably 5-6-7 or 8 songs, that can barely reach 30 mins and at the same time i listen to 2 songs 30+ mins total.

Shouldn't you be working anyway?

neckfreak wrote:
I personally HATE 99% of the black and doom and all their variations...

Hate is a great feeling, but not when applied to Black Metal or Doom.

neckfreak wrote:
but at the same I DO request songs i don't really like, just for the sake of keeping the queue balanced....

Thanx for the thoughtfulness, but you don't have to.

neckfreak wrote:
Thanks for reading so far!.

Same here Peace
neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This one goes to all the stupid and useless comments:

Please, someone, anyone do something about this.

N.B.: On top of all that - another 11+ song was added in the que by the same user. fuck this!
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Songs over 13 minutes cannot be added to the queue when the queue is over 2 hours in length.

If the queue is under 2 hours then they can be. The queue can't be conformed to fit your personal preferences. A lot of The songs that are long almost never get played anymore because of the limits set in place. If you don't want to hear long songs then listen when the queue is over 2 hours, which is about 90 percent of the time. You really don't have anything you should be griping about because 10 percent of the time the queue doesn't look the way you want it to.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

supersmoke wrote:
Songs over 13 minutes cannot be added to the queue when the queue is over 2 hours in length.

If the queue is under 2 hours then they can be. The queue can't be conformed to fit your personal preferences. A lot of The songs that are long almost never get played anymore because of the limits set in place. If you don't want to hear long songs then listen when the queue is over 2 hours, which is about 90 percent of the time. You really don't have anything you should be griping about because 10 percent of the time the queue doesn't look the way you want it to.

Well said. Yes

Memento Mori
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And to neckfreak. This is not your station, you are not in charge of the Q, so stfu. Like ss said, many of those songs are rarely played anymore because we generally have a 3 hour Q of boring 2-3 minute so called brutal death metal. Take your ADHD somewhere else, those of us that can really get into long songs are tired of the immature complaining by those with 3 minute or less attention spans. Neutral

Memento Mori
neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SS - Touché, i guess the topic i good for locking then. BTW cj, adhd has nothing to do with me or the music i request on this station. Obviously you think that whatever songs are being requested, represent the character behind it, which is sad. Anyway, keep on trolling.
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

neckfreak wrote:
SS - Touché, i guess the topic i good for locking then. BTW cj, adhd has nothing to do with me or the music i request on this station. Obviously you think that whatever songs are being requested, represent the character behind it, which is sad. Anyway, keep on trolling.

The music one listens to is a very good look at that person's character.

Memento Mori
neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:

WRONG! I request mostly bree stuff here, but in fact i own a large collection (more than 3000 titles) of music, which varies from Mozart and some African tribal compilations to ultra brutal JGORE. And i really don't care what you think anyway, i'm just glad that you stick around.
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

neckfreak wrote:
cjjeepercreeper wrote:

WRONG! I request mostly bree stuff here, but in fact i own a large collection (more than 3000 titles) of music, which varies from Mozart and some African tribal compilations to ultra brutal JGORE. And i really don't care what you think anyway, i'm just glad that you stick around.

You actually just validated my statement. Very few people are one dimensional (but, there are some here that very well may be), so of course they don't listen to just one kind of music. But, the music you listen to is a strong indication of your character, it is a combination of things if you are a normal adult human (excepting of course the 14 year old mentalities that some have that if its not totally "brutal" then it is shit). Peace

Memento Mori
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll also find this in CJ's playlist:

Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

supersmoke wrote:
You'll also find this in CJ's playlist:

Actually I'm a pie guy myself. But I do like "I'm a Gummi Bear". Cool

Memento Mori
Canada urielms
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9192

urielms is offline View user's profile Send private message View urielms's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
And to neckfreak. This is not your station, you are not in charge of the Q, so stfu. Like ss said, many of those songs are rarely played anymore because we generally have a 3 hour Q of boring 2-3 minute so called brutal death metal. Take your ADHD somewhere else, those of us that can really get into long songs are tired of the immature complaining by those with 3 minute or less attention spans. Neutral

Well said Cj, and to Neckfrek you don’t even have balls to said who is that “person” behind those long tracks.
I think that you have a problem with reality and complains are your way of life.
You know what bro ,I do not have time and strength to answer for your stupid accusation,q was under 2 h and when I have opportunity to request long song I always do, so if you have a problem there is a simple solution-change station, stop whining, get a life …!!!
Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

urielms wrote:
... and to Neckfrek you don’t even have balls to said who is that “person” behind those long tracks...

= ???

... who can read has an advantage Cool :
neckfreak wrote:

[/b][/size]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: