Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

a review-section?

View previous topic :: View next topic 
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:02 am   Post subject: a review-section? Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this for quite some time now. How about adding a review-section? I've seen other sites / metal communities where they have their own reviews of albums. Of course I'm talking about serious reviews: not too short but not too long either, some sort of rating for the different elements of the music, links to the band's website, etc. Other visitors could also write what they think of the album (agreed or non agreed with the reviewer) and give comments on the reviews, etc. We could also let the bands know we've reviewed their album so it will be added to their website...

What do you think?
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We're actually have that in the plans. We hope to get started on that project soon.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
USA Death_Medic RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 1099

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Death_Medic's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i would definately like to see that that would be an awesome feature here on death.fm
Lieutenant

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOHHH, I love to write reviews (altough atm I don't have much time). Nice to see there was already something like that planned. Wink
Metalnews666
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1183

Metalnews666 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Metalnews666's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

in the meantime post some reviews and i add them to my site my site

some reviews already posted there
http://athwart666.blogspot.com/2005/11/review-project-hate-mcmxcix-armageddon.html
http://athwart666.blogspot.com/2005/11/review-lord-belial-nocturnal-beast.html
http://athwart666.blogspot.com/2005/12/review-arsebreed-munching-rotten.html
http://athwart666.blogspot.com/2005/12/review-akercocke-words-that-go.html

I can always use some people who are willing to help with reviews or even post some news.... if you're interested lemme know

Updated Daily!!
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hate - Anaclasis, A Haunting Gospel Of Malice And Hatred

Altough not very well known in the metal world, Hate is already active since 1990. Too bad it's only since they got signed by Listenable Records and since the release of "Awakening Of The Liar" (2003) that their name is more acknowledged 'cause these Polish really got something unique going on their new album.

Even though I'm not familiar with their earlier work myself, I had heard very good things about this album so I decided to check it out. The title really says it all: this album is a haunting / atmospheric one filled with hatred towards humanity (f.ex. part of the lyrics of "Hex": Destroy humanity - the vermine of Christ, Tiger Sirens, rise from your shrines, Consume this world with your leprasy). The great thing about this album is these guys have used the formula of extreme death metal but they aren't affraid to explore new areas.

The music itself is "normal" death metal, mainly a mixture of elements of the American and Polish death metal. Imagine Morbid Angel, Hate Eternal combined with Behemoth, Decapitated and you'll get the idea. The great thing is the band isn't affraid to slow things down and create some groovy parts and superb breakdowns (listen to the middle part of "Hex"). Moreover, while listening to this release, you'll notice the (industrial) samples and the synthetic backgrounds which really add something special to Anaclasis (without overusing them). All those screams, whisperings and freaky noises create an aggressive and intense vibe which (to my recognition) I haven't encountered on any other death metal album. There's also a nice diversity of the songs which make the album sound a tad unpredictable yet memorable. Add to this a very clear sounding production and great cover artwork done by none other then Graal (Behemoth, Rotting Christ, ...).

If you want to hear some death metal which doesn't sound like your standard death metal, this is one to check out. The only minor I can think of is the short playing time, only +/- 35 min long.

Rating: 9,5/10

http://www.hatesatanic.org

Samples:
http://www.hatesatanic.org/audio/necropolis.mp3
http://www.hatesatanic.org/audio/FountainsOfBloodToReachHeavens.mp3

A review of the new Hate album. Mind you, I made this one rather quick so feel free to comment...

Last edited by The_Midnight_Grotesque on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
USA Death_Medic RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 1099

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Death_Medic's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow i wasnt expecting a review like that i was more like hate it or love it but that would be cool to see here
Ensign

Member#: 1137

embracingdusk is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail embracingdusk's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@grotesque: when you say that 'since they got signed by Listenable Records and since the release of "Awakening Of The Liar" that their name is more acknowledged ', could you add the year in which those things happened? That way it is easier to place it time-wise...
Great work!!! 8)
Suffused with the perfume of night
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, embracingdusk (edited my post).

Thanks for the comments so far. Mr. Green
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a great idea to review i wouldnt mind do a few, it would be a good feeling know that the band has recognized u for giving them reviews.
Metalnews666
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1183

Metalnews666 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Metalnews666's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking sweet review Grotesque... it really is...
If you need a place to post your reviews my blog is always available... just lemme know Smile

Updated Daily!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: