Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

The Return of the "Long Songs Ban"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Enforce this (or similar) restriction?
Yes!
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
No!
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10314

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:01 pm   Post subject: The Return of the "Long Songs Ban" Reply with quote

Today i got really pissed off about a large number of 10+ mins songs in the queue. I know this has been over-discussed already and everyone has an opinion, but i'm afraid that the "aimus" syndrome is rolling all over again.

My proposal: The person that has requested a 9-10+ min long song NOT to be able to request a 9-10+ song in the next 1'30-2 hrs.

What's behind this: 20 min song and the next request from the same person is 10+ mins song. For a whole workday 8 hrs+ i request probably 5-6-7 or 8 songs, that can barely reach 30 mins and at the same time i listen to 2 songs 30+ mins total. This kind'a ruins my radio experience and let me ask: "What happened to "Be considerate of others"".

I personally HATE 99% of the black and doom and all their variations, but at the same I DO request songs i don't really like, just for the sake of keeping the queue balanced, but sometimes random members just keep on forgetting that they are not alone there.

This thread is not about what you enjoy, it's about listening to good music and enjoying a variety of metal genres and the over-abuse of the chance to request. Dumb ass opinions like "grind is da shit" and "you are dumb, 'cuz you don't understand atmospheric doom" are NOT appreciated.

Thanks for reading so far!

Freak

N.B. CJ, in the past few days you have been a model listener, also you dug up some very nice requests. Thanks for that.
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When Jeric lifted/modified the ban I was the first to warn others to be careful with this. But, I think sometimes what happens is someone requests a 10+ minute song when the Q is only like 1:45, but then by the time it plays its 3 hours. I'm not going to get into another discussion over this, its not my problem/policy anyway Grin , but there has to be middle ground somewhere. Peace

Memento Mori
Columbia Azdragar
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno Neck. I have seen that sometimes long songs keeps the queue between 2.30/3 hours, but a queue with just 4/5 min gets the queue over 3 hours to 3.30 cuz the waiting request period keeps shorter, so many people would add till 40 or more songs and that's worst waiting (for listening our requested, not for requesting) than a queue with long songs. So It doesn't matter the genre, imo the number of songs not the lenght of them, makes users wait more than usually.
EMBRACE MY SOUL
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with azd, and i think that maybe it could be a good idea to realy limit the amount of songs per users in queue regardless of the songlenghts of your reqs.

That makes it more equal to all... so when the q lenght is over 3 hours, no more than 3 songs/user in q if person has more than three before the q jumps over the limit, then it only prevents user to add more.

I think this discussion is been got over with several times... and i personally hate 99% of brutal death metal and cores and gores

and before this gets back to argument larger than it should be, we should just agree to disagree and end this useless depate about this...

and neckie, have u seen me create a thread what says "i hate brutal death metal, so lets ban all the death metal songs under 5 minutes"...

you are a nice guy but sorry this starts to irrigate a bit... time after time after time after time again , same subject..... get over it this is a channel for to listen several genres and it is that what makes this channel what it is

And me and many others would rather listen to those "boring" black and doom songs here as well

and would not some one start to lock these threads before this gets out of hand.
Lieutenant Commander

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

basher,

This thread is not about what you enjoy, it's about listening to good music and enjoying a variety of metal genres and the over-abuse of the chance to request. Dumb ass opinions like "grind is da shit" and "you are dumb, 'cuz you don't understand atmospheric doom" are NOT appreciated.

So FU on this one, on EVERY occasion you read between the lines and you try to make people feel fucking stupid! The last paragraph in my post was about you and 1 other person. YES, i know what you think each and every time dude,.
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Germany Modos RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 3336

Modos is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Modos's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows my opinion.fin.
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@freak: if this is about the song I requested today (20 minutes, indeed, when the Q was 1:30), then I'm going to ask you something: how many songs have I requested during the past several months?

Topic locked, the existing rule that says "no songs longer than 10 minutes whe the Q is longer than 2 hours" is enough, especially that this rule has been implemented in the site software.

.:: ::.
diginferno

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlocked because of the misunderstanding: I was not aware of the fact that the limit has been raised to 13 minutes. My bad.

Gentlemen, you may now resume bashing each other.

neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is NOT a bashing thread, besides the "basher" guy above. Please, be polite and constructive, thanks.

Freak.
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Columbia Azdragar
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
Unlocked because of the misunderstanding: I was not aware of the fact that the limit has been raised to 13 minutes. My bad.

Gentlemen, you may now resume bashing each other.

Shocked
Digi unlocks. Could u unlock my "cristian" metal then.
Evil or Very Mad
EMBRACE MY SOUL
diginferno

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Azdragar wrote:

Shocked
Digi unlocks. Could u unlock my "cristian" metal then.
Evil or Very Mad

And where's the misunderstanding there? This is off-topic, btw Razz

Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We need "Dopesmoker" by Sleep here. LOL

Memento Mori
Pakistan lunarstrain88 RIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 9680

lunarstrain88 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View lunarstrain88's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
We need "Dopesmoker" by Sleep here. LOL

LOL Yes
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

neckfreak wrote:
basher,

So FU on this one, on EVERY occasion you read between the lines and you try to make people feel fucking stupid! The last paragraph in my post was about you and 1 other person. YES, i know what you think each and every time dude,.

I did not say not liking doom is dumb, i did say that making polls about same subject is bit dumb and maybe somewhat offensive. I did use exactly same words that you did conserving over 10 minutes songs.

I think this subject has all ready been talked over too many times, and 13 minutes limit is enough. I am sorry but i am against restricting banning song for their length, and you say that in fact it is dumb to oppose your opinion.

Btw neckie if this is not what you enjoy why do you declare to hate music here and after few words you in fact demand panning that from here?

I think you do not want me to start really bashing, i have not yet started it and surely i am not in tented to i did not say one harsh word against you did i...
I still think you are a nice guy so lets keep that way ok?
Pakistan lunarstrain88 RIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 9680

lunarstrain88 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View lunarstrain88's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Basher wrote:
neckfreak wrote:
basher,

I did not say not liking doom is dumb, i did say that making polls about same subject is bit dumb and maybe somewhat offensive. I did use exactly same words that you did conserving over 10 minutes songs.

I think this subject has all ready been talked over too many times, and 13 minutes limit is enough. I am sorry but i am against restricting banning song for their length, and you say that in fact it is dumb to oppose your opinion.

Btw neckie if this is not what you enjoy why do you declare to hate music here and after few words you in fact demand panning that from here?

I think you do not want me to start really bashing, i have not yet started it and surely i am not in tented to i did not say one harsh word against you did i...
I still think you are a nice guy so lets keep that way ok?

Agreed OK! It is completely pointless to ban some songs because of their length
Beware of the Basher Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: