Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Heres a question for all, inspired by my best friend Torts..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:29 pm   Post subject: Heres a question for all, inspired by my best friend Torts.. Reply with quote

Why do the ppl on death.fm listen to extreme metal be it black/death or brutal? Is it for the lyrics the music or for one instrument in particular?

I for one listen mostly becuase of the drums, not for the piggy like lyrics.
Then again us BM fans are just clowns. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
USA VileVince
Commander
Commander

Member#: 213

VileVince is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail VileVince's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the music as a whole, I think of the vocals as just another instrument. So I don't really listen for the lyrics.
Helvete
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1253

Helvete is offline View user's profile Send private message Helvete's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

brutality is beautiful.
Nordic blood that boils with hatred is the knife
That slits the throat of the christian god...

-Satanic Warmaster
USA Death_Medic RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 1099

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Death_Medic's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like just about everything about death metal the piggy noises are kinda cheesey but i still like them
Cadet 4

Member#: 394

overdrive is offline View user's profile Send private message overdrive's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to listen to the regular speed metal stuff in the late 80s/early 90s like Slayer, Metal Church, old Metallica, Overkill....when grunge came, those groups started becoming extinct or softening their sound to be more mass-accessible.

I went the other way and started listening to Sepultura and Obituary....and haven't stopped listening to Death since. I think it's just because it's the metal I used to like, but taken to a more extreme level.
MortPL
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 1430

MortPL is offline View user's profile Send private message MortPL's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like slow riffs, strong rhytm and all orchestral and choruses effects.
But i can listen almost everything - only thing i don't like in metal are men screaming in falset (i. e Kreator - i don't even know if they r existing so long). Even piggys are better.

I've started listening to metal in 1984. Metallica, Manowar, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Black Sabbath. I still respect and listen to those groups. But then come Sodom, Sepultura, Death, Slayer but also Metal Church, Blind Guardian, Sacred Reich, Mekong Delta (great, great group and music) as well as Led Zeplin and Deep Purple Wink. Later i got known & liked Therion, Anathema, Haggard, Bolt Thrower, Bathory.

I do not care if it is black, brutal, death, soft, sissy, doom, heroic or smth.
It just should be a good piece of music and i would like listening to it.
DreamSpawn
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 20

DreamSpawn is offline View user's profile Send private message DreamSpawn's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

footfistartguy wrote:
I like just about everything about death metal the piggy noises are kinda cheesey but i still like them

What he said ^^ as for me i love the whole of the instrments moving in harmony with the piercing lyrics. Its one whole thing alive ripping you in half and stiching you back together. Long live Death/Black metal
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love the wicked fast drum rythms, like origin and the like, and not to mention quick stop and go machine gun effect like Nile or FF... Kollias fucking owns on the kicks.
Sweden Polly-Esther
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1411

Polly-Esther is offline View user's profile Send private message Polly-Esther's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

actually today I listen to BM / DM mainly because of the music...but when I was younger the lyrics where very important to me too, you know...satanism and stuff like that...but now as I get older (and hopefully wiser) the lyrics are not so important anymore...now I enjoy good riffs, fast drums and fierce growls Very Happy
TORTUREGOD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1219

TORTUREGOD is offline View user's profile Send private message TORTUREGOD's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

he i found this thingy thats inspired on me hahaha and the reason i like brutal death and black metal isnt of the lyrics , most of the time u cant understand what they say but its the total thing that hits me and gets me all wind up and feel great.

piggy metal is for me what madonna is for madonna freaks i think!!!!
GSX1300
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1352

GSX1300 is offline View user's profile Send private message GSX1300's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the whole package together that makes a great band and all the instruments are needed to make it happen.I do not care about the lyrics as much I listen mostly to the riffs and drumming.
Canada Blut_Und_Krieg
Commander
Commander

Member#: 236

Blut_Und_Krieg is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Blut_Und_Krieg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is music that tends to at least hold talent. I never really used to listen to anything except for classical because I couldn't stand anything else, I suppose metal is just pleasing to my ears.
Cadet 1

Member#: 1709

MaryChristMess is offline View user's profile Send private message MaryChristMess's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely agree with Innerchaos.
Everybody`s able to copy a Madonna song (except vocals of course Wink ) with a synthesizer, but there´s no way to repeat manufactured music in the same way as the original...hm I think that`s it for me: Those guys did it with sweat and beer. And the brutality it is... Twisted Evil
China cherubian
Captain
Captain

Member#: 1184

cherubian is offline View user's profile Send private message cherubian's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i tried many different styles of music, to see what i like most. i listened to pop, gothic rock, batcave, ebm/electro and hardcore. time by time i even love some gothrock as the sisters or joy division or some hardcore stuff. But metal is my basis. I mostly listen to brutal death and some black stuff...but i also love doooomish metal and even communic, nevermore....as u can see i love a broad variety of metal or even music...as long as i like it, it is ok for me. what i cannot stand tho is those femalish shit like leave´s eyes (i also dislike Theatre of Tragedy) or Within Temptation

Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What in the fuck is batcave? Kinda funny because i thought the batman soundtrack sucked the jizz out of a fags ass with a straw. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: