Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Fricken forums is flooded.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:01 pm   Post subject: Fricken forums is flooded. Reply with quote

Its sad 90% of all posts now are "requests" almost not even worth lookin at it anymore. Almost as bad as spam. Evil or Very Mad
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A PM was sent to the biggest offender.

Quite honestly, people don't even need to reply in the Requests or Added forum, unless it's something useful, like a bump or an additional sample or carrying a discussion about the band etc...

If people continue to abuse the two forums, by replying to dozens of threads at a time with a single word or a single smiley, then replying in those two forums may be disabled. It becomes agitating to go through dozens of threads only to see that someone just posted a damn smily for no reason other than to signify that they voted yes or no. Just make your vote and be done with it, no one needs to know what your vote was. We can see the total votes at the top of the thread and that's all that's important after we look at and listen to the album being requested.

I'm quite sure that It is even more frustrating for Jeric to go through the forum himself and see pages and pages of threads and have to surf through threads he may or may not have looked at before because some jackoff bumped 5-6 pages worth of old and new threads.
Captain

Member#: 4680

PostmasterDCLXVI is offline View user's profile Send private message PostmasterDCLXVI's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree 100% with both.

What people dont realize is that the fewer quality requests they make, the better visibility and chances towards the album getting added. Too many requests and there is always a chance Jeric/BQ could miss it. In addition, its not possible to add everything that gets released, even though the Purple ones try their best to keep everyone happy.

btw, even im also guilty of spamming with single words/smileys on the request threads sometime back. Snicker Peace
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2031

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I´noticed myself not being enthusiastic on writing a good comment on each request just because there are so many, 50% I just vote without any comment now.

Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

supersmoke wrote:
A PM was sent to the biggest offender.

Quite honestly, people don't even need to reply in the Requests or Added forum, unless it's something useful, like a bump or an additional sample or carrying a discussion about the band etc...

If people continue to abuse the two forums, by replying to dozens of threads at a time with a single word or a single smiley, then replying in those two forums may be disabled. It becomes agitating to go through dozens of threads only to see that someone just posted a damn smily for no reason other than to signify that they voted yes or no. Just make your vote and be done with it, no one needs to know what your vote was. We can see the total votes at the top of the thread and that's all that's important after we look at and listen to the album being requested.

I'm quite sure that It is even more frustrating for Jeric to go through the forum himself and see pages and pages of threads and have to surf through threads he may or may not have looked at before because some jackoff bumped 5-6 pages worth of old and new threads.

Yeah i know where your coming from. Im not gonna bullshit ya i was an offender just to get to 2500. But thats all i needed so i stopped. Its just annoying to see 4 threads (community, music, RIP, Ideas usually) followd by 40 threads of request. Its like WTF... i dont even look at them i just mark them read.

Offtopic: Kingdoms of Amulur... FAP
USA Death_Medic RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 1099

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Death_Medic's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree it is getting out of hand, While I myself do like saying yes or no, I'll try to put something else and it is annoying to come back and have 2 pages of forums to go through (honestly I just mark most as read too).
Captain

Member#: 5380

slothhead is offline View user's profile Send private message View slothhead's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ill b honest i'm also an offender of putting just 1 word down but i do agree that it's getting out of hand
Captain

Member#: 10717

SummoningEternalNightMCMX is offline View user's profile Send private message SummoningEternalNightMCMX's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally just post a smiley. Is that considered spamming now?

It's hard to say no when people request stuff.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 1099

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Death_Medic's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of those yes it is but no it isn't. When you bring back request threads from 5 years ago yes it's spam.
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, you're right posting this but the same time you're wasting your time with something everyone knows but no one would care, specially the mods/admins. You can have a very long supersmoke post, saying you can't do this, you have to do this, etc, etc, or any mod saying ppl have to change they way they post, but what definitively would change the spam/posting, is to only let the ppl post 1 comment as much or to disable the reply option. Anyways things are gonna be the same always, unless some serious person take corrective actions on this issue. Months ago i suggested to disable posting on the added forum but the answer was "ppl is free to post, bla, bla, bla..."
EMBRACE MY SOUL
Djibouti supersmoke RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jvan wrote:
Ken, you're right posting this but the same time you're wasting your time with something everyone knows but no one would care, specially the mods/admins. You can have a very long supersmoke post, saying you can't do this, you have to do this, etc, etc, or any mod saying ppl have to change they way they post, but what definitively would change the spam/posting, is to only let the ppl post 1 comment as much or to disable the reply option. Anyways things are gonna be the same always, unless some serious person take corrective actions on this issue. Months ago i suggested to disable posting on the added forum but the answer was "ppl is free to post, bla, bla, bla..."

http://death.fm/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4120

It's pretty forward and direct, and up until a few days ago, there was never an issue.

Now we do have an issue and prior to Dark making this thread mods/admins were discussing it, and we still are. The warning's been made here and hopefully people will be able to handle not making useless replies anymore. Nobody wants to have to lock any forums here, but if people continue to abuse the two forums then it may very well happen.
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

good point from Dark, I don't even bother to keep an eye on request forum
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

supersmoke wrote:
Jvan wrote:

http://death.fm/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4120

It's pretty forward and direct, and up until a few days ago, there was never an issue.

Now we do have an issue and prior to Dark making this thread mods/admins were discussing it, and we still are. The warning's been made here and hopefully people will be able to handle not making useless replies anymore. Nobody wants to have to lock any forums here, but if people continue to abuse the two forums then it may very well happen.

Thanks, now maybe we can back to the old forums when there was actuall convorsations going on.
Brazil Coolbrutal
Captain
Captain

Member#: 8058

Coolbrutal is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Coolbrutal's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

if you do not want to look not look if this is the question.
the site is free for orders and opinions, not their preferences that people will change.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It should also be free from SPAM. That IS spam.

.:: ::.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: