Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

What do you think about buying CD's?

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Mexico satanhatta_met...
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12319

satanhatta_metalord is offline View user's profile Send private message satanhatta_metalord's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:01 pm   Post subject: What do you think about buying CD's? Reply with quote

...and how many CD's do you have at the time?
Germany Modos RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 3336

Modos is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Modos's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how many originals I have, but it´s a MUST to buy them,IMO.
Columbia Azdragar
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowadays CD's are becoming useless to buy cause of the technology advance which has developed many digital formats without the need of a Vinyl, a tape or a CD.
The other factor is the internet with all the pirate sites where you can find them for free, so mostly of the ppl prefers to download instead of buying.
I have aroung 500 GB of music at 160kbps and i like to download all the albums i want cause it's an easy way to listen a full cd which you want to know about, but i don't like to burn CD's and print the covers, that's so cheap imo.
I enjoy so much to buy an original CD from a band that I like very much, so i own at this time over 400 original CD's.
Sadly I think CD's are going to dissapear in some years cause of the piracy. We have seen how the movie rentals have disappeared and some of the big companies went bankrupt, but that's what technology leads to.

EMBRACE MY SOUL
USA slayer85
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12940

slayer85 is offline View user's profile Send private message View slayer85's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather buy tapes and vinyl. I think analog is better, and worth more!
Ireland RipperChris
Captain
Captain

Member#: 12876

RipperChris is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View RipperChris's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think buying Cds is good. I have over 50,000 Cds in my collection. I try to keep them in my computer and hard drives. Some doubles that I have I try to donate them to radio stations.
Captain

Member#: 10717

SummoningEternalNightMCMX is offline View user's profile Send private message SummoningEternalNightMCMX's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a little under 100 CDs and I agonize over buying more because of the storage issue.

That said, I don't like to buy downloads because I don't feel like I have anything, and I lose them every time my hard disk crashes. I can't steal them either because I don't understand the technology.

In the long term though I think CDs will not be around much longer, already I'm seeing stuff on MP3 that I can't get in CD format. So one day I'm just going to be listening to stuff online...unless the music business gets its' way and it all gets taken down.

Stupid music industry!
Captain

Member#: 2410

irule is offline View user's profile Send private message View irule's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope CDs stick around, if we lose physical albums then music as we know it will not be the same any more... I own around 400 albums, here is my collection: http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/legiomortis/oo

I also have a huge wishlist of CDs to buy coming up this year, so this collection will certainly grow! Sigh, Lunar Aurora, Woods of Ypres,
Cannibal Corpse, Secrets of the Moon, Aura Noir, Meshuggah, Overkill,
High On Fire, Accept, Moonspell, Unleashed, and Ex Deo to name a few OK!

SUPPORT FKN METAL BASTARDS!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
USA slayer85
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12940

slayer85 is offline View user's profile Send private message View slayer85's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

irule wrote:
I really hope CDs stick around, if we lose physical albums then music as we know it will not be the same any more... I own around 400 albums, here is my collection: http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/legiomortis/oo

I also have a huge wishlist of CDs to buy coming up this year, so this collection will certainly grow! Sigh, Lunar Aurora, Woods of Ypres,
Cannibal Corpse, Secrets of the Moon, Aura Noir, Meshuggah, Overkill,
High On Fire, Accept, Moonspell, Unleashed, and Ex Deo to name a few OK!

SUPPORT FKN METAL BASTARDS!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I have well over 5 to 600 CD's from going to record shops and going to concerts! I have about 200 cassettes, and only a handful of vinyl. Gonna start collecting more obscure vinyl soon! It feels good to play something and hold onto the material!
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

some 600 cds and the same amount of cassettes, but i've started selling the tapes, love the cds and when they disappear we'll be a robotic society.. fuck this world! Cool
Lieutenant

Member#: 13533

tabh666 is offline View user's profile Send private message View tabh666's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped buying cds, after I had over 200 stolen. Now I figure I can help bands better by buying tickets to shows, and merch. If I bought all the music I want to listen to, I wouldnt see anyone live, besides who wants to buy a cd for 10-15$ just to find out it sucks ass.

with youtube you can listen to almost any song you can think of anytime on demand, and anywhere if you have a smartphone, why isnt that considered piracy?
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think cd:S are too big.... i have started to move into digital versions bought for various sources
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 3336

Modos is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Modos's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Basher wrote:
I think cd:S are too big....

I even still buy Vinyls Yes Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: