Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Best Speech You Will Ever Hear - Gary Yourofsky
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada urielms
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9192

urielms is offline View user's profile Send private message View urielms's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:33 pm   Post subject: Best Speech You Will Ever Hear - Gary Yourofsky Reply with quote

Gary Yourofsky's entire inspirational speech on animal rights and veganism held at Georgia Tech in summer of 2010. Listen to this amazing speaker who will blow away the myths, fill your mind with interesting facts, and help you make ethical choices for a healthy heart and soul. His charismatic and straightforward style is one of a kind – a must-see for anyone who cares about nonhuman animals or wishes to make the world a better place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4
Commander

urielms is offline View user's profile Send private message View urielms's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Dairy Farm Brutality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYTkM1OHFQg&feature=related
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The description of this forum is "Discussion of Death.FM website and webcast." So, what's DFM got to do with animal rights?

*edit: moved here from "General"

.:: ::.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck animals... im hungry. There is nothing wrong with propery cooked and prepared meat. Anyone for animal rights is a fucking moron. Even if we kill animals "inhumane" whats to stop nature from massacreing itself? There is plenty of inhumane death in nature, do we come up with inhumane laws just cuz we think we are better then any animal?

Fucking people think they are so god tier, its fucking stupid. Fuck you Uriel, fuck you to hell good sir.
Canada urielms
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark wrote:
Fuck animals... im hungry. There is nothing wrong with propery cooked and prepared meat. Anyone for animal rights is a fucking moron. Even if we kill animals "inhumane" whats to stop nature from massacreing itself? There is plenty of inhumane death in nature, do we come up with inhumane laws just cuz we think we are better then any animal?

Fucking people think they are so god tier, its fucking stupid. Fuck you Uriel, fuck you to hell good sir.

I’ll assume that you’re not just lashing out at others as a defense mechanism against your own insecurities (although you need honestly ask yourself that). I’ll assume that you sincerely believe that other people are stupid, probably based on finding it difficult to discuss things and agree with them.
Bottom line: Stupidity explains only a small percentage of people’s disagreements. Calling someone “stupid” is a dead end—you can’t fix it. Instead, figure out what’s really going on....seek help Dark!
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
The description of this forum is "Discussion of Death.FM website and webcast." So, what's DFM got to do with animal rights?

I just thought that we can discussed about everything on DFM?, is that wrong?

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm myself a vegetarian, i eat seafood but no pork/chicken/beef/whatever.. excellent points but not many people would agree..
as for arguing with that retard, you know the truism "Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience."
cheers Uriel OK!
Captain

Member#: 4680

PostmasterDCLXVI is offline View user's profile Send private message PostmasterDCLXVI's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

urielms wrote:
diginferno wrote:

I just thought that we can discussed about everything on DFM?, is that wrong?

da, we can discuss everything on DFM. The forum that you created this topic was incorrect and that is what digi was trying to point out. She has now moved it to the "General" forums where it should have been created.

Peace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you what: just because you can't hear a plant screaming doesn't mean it isn't going through hell once you harvest it. Do you even realize that most plants we feed upon die a slow, painful death once they are disconnected from their source of sustenance? Do you think starvation and dehydration are fun?

Our animal design conditions us to have strong reactions at the sight of gore and squirming (=pain-induced movement) of wounded animals, and at the hearing of certain sounds an animal makes and which are hardwired as distress signals into our brains. On the other hand, we're completely oblivious to the silent suffering of plants - immobile, no gore, no sound.

I think that was Mother Nature's way to prevent us from dying of starvation if we happen to develop some moral patterns that would actually make us unable to eat screaming, bleeding and squirming beings. That's also how we manage to kill rainforests and destroy entire ecosystems, because plants are actually at the foundation of life on Earth. That makes me think that Mother Nature was way too generous to the meek and dumb beings that we humans are.

Feel better now? Yes, we can discuss anything in here.

Canada urielms
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

misanthrone wrote:
i'm myself a vegetarian, i eat seafood but no pork/chicken/beef/whatever.. excellent points but not many people would agree..
as for arguing with that retard, you know the truism "Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience."

it's a very astute observation Misan ,there's no point to argue with someone who thinks that he knows everything better...greetings bud Yes
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
Tell you what: just because you can't hear a plant screaming doesn't mean it isn't going through hell once you harvest it. Do you even realize that most plants we feed upon die a slow, painful death once they are disconnected from their source of sustenance? Do you think starvation and dehydration are fun?

Our animal design conditions us to have strong reactions at the sight of gore and squirming (=pain-induced movement) of wounded animals, and at the hearing of certain sounds an animal makes and which are hardwired as distress signals into our brains. On the other hand, we're completely oblivious to the silent suffering of plants - immobile, no gore, no sound.

I think that was Mother Nature's way to prevent us from dying of starvation if we happen to develop some moral patterns that would actually make us unable to eat screaming, bleeding and squirming beings. That's also how we manage to kill rainforests and destroy entire ecosystems, because plants are actually at the foundation of life on Earth. That makes me think that Mother Nature was way too generous to the meek and dumb beings that we humans are.

Excellent points digi,real question is if we can really change it?,what can we do to put an end to all the misery and exploitation?, can we find right answer?

As demand for food increases, we urgently need a change of thinking and of infrastructure to tackle the growing crime of throwing away food.

The consequences of rising global population, income and consumption will put further strain on our planet imo..my point with this topic is just each of us has the power through our daily decisions and lifestyle choices to make our homes and communities more environmentally friendly, in the face of such huge global problems, it is easy to feel overwhelmed and powerless, and to find ourselves asking, “What difference can one person make?”
I just think that there is a hope...Greetings Yes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, except that this message doesn't reach its real targets. It reaches people like you and me, who work hard for their earnings.

Since we work hard, we also see the value of everything including food, hence we are less likely to throw it away than richer people and commercial organizations.

Think of the old practice of throwing the tea in the ocean by the shipload, in order to keep its price as high as possible. Good old times, aren't they? That's where the real problem is.

That practice of destroying surplus isn't dead yet. What me and you can do won't really save the world, it will only make us feel miserable and guilty for our daily choices.

Another thing that I have an issue with: we take the moral system that makes our society work and try to apply it to natural rules, where it doesn't fit. That's not too constructive, IMO, no human can turn a lion vegetarian because our moral system says "thou shalt not kill"...

Also, where's the moral value in spreading the human species beyond the tipping point?

neckfreak
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10314

neckfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message View neckfreak's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Modern times, eh? Once you strive to stay alive by eating anything, now you actually CAN eat anything, but you choose not to. That's ok - some want "a shrubbery!!!", some do the old animal slaughter thing, as i am. One thing that is pissing me off is the desire of one group to dominate over another, over a stupid food debate, which is more inhumane, than veggies/meat debate. Same thing with the smoking in public places, marijuana, alcohol, drugs, etc. The modern world sucks, because people are lazy and there is almost nothing to be improved upon, so people come up with radical ideas like removing the meat from my table, a product, which actually has helped the human race to survive for thousands of years and replace it with a green... thing. Because this idea will never influence people like me, you're trying to bash on some generic moral rules, which i think is outrageous, because there are vegan murderers and rapists too, the god's people molesting young boys and girls and all that two-faced "war over nothing" is really out of line, just my 2 cents.
(13.5.67- 13.12.01)
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

"I’ll assume that you’re not just lashing out at others as a defense mechanism against your own insecurities (although you need honestly ask yourself that)." Im not lashing out at anyone. Im just pointing out the bullshit. Watch Geroge Carlin on this matter he talks about Humanities insecurity of themselves to fell the need they need to control everything. I have no insecurites, im aware of my issues and making this a personal issue is just you attacking me. Those of you that actuall know me wouldnt even think of saying this. But you dont and thats your choice.

"I’ll assume that you sincerely believe that other people are stupid, probably based on finding it difficult to discuss things and agree with them."

I do think that most people are stupid. Alot of people are egotical assholes that want to control the world. Im simplly pointg out what about before poeple even knew anthing about this? 100,000 people needed to eat meat just as anyone else.

Im NOT by an means giving support to those people that think its ok to set a puppy on fire either. Those people are fucking disguting filth on this planet nthat makes our race so evil compared to the rest of the creatures on this planet. I have 2 cats and 3 dogs. One is a pitbull, you know those dogs that everyone thinks is evil and should be euthanised. He is the biggesy wussy and fluff on the planet. People like that are the stupid ones im talking about.

"Bottom line: Stupidity explains only a small percentage of people’s disagreements. Calling someone “stupid” is a dead end—you can’t fix it. Instead, figure out what’s really going on....seek help Dark!"

You just pointed out my point. Stupid is somthing you can fix, these speeches, rights, peta, ect are all pointless when compared to the enourmuse population of people that dont care, are evil, fat, and just plain dont give a fuck.

In essense these companies that are for all of the animal rights are just as effective ( excluding the crooked greedy people on the inside of these same comapnies) as posting a pictures of a child on facebook to prevent child rape.

And im aware misa and you dont like me, so im not gonna even bother even responding after this. You both think i have an IQ of 10, have no friends and probabaly wont matter to anything. But thats ok, you know all of 5% of who i am. Have a nice day gentlemen. Yes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: