Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Add: Origins by Weh | Dark folk/black metal (2010)

View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add it?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
No
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Maybe
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:42 pm   Post subject: Add: Origins by Weh | Dark folk/black metal (2010) Reply with quote

Origins - Weh

Track List:

1. Deadline
2. Darkness, Pt. 1
3. Hang 'Em High
4. The Justice Song
5. Lady Death
6. Where Evil Hides Intro
7. On Your Knees
8. Sealing Fates
9. Sometimes I Bleed
10. Walk the Other Way
11. The War Is Over
12. Where Evil Hides Outro
13. Any Other Day
14. Barbed Wire Tight
15. Ballad to the Harvest
16. World of Pain
17. Darling Meet Demise
18. The Grave

19. When the Raven Spoke My Name
20. Skeleton
21. Summer Went South
22. Desolate
1. Likbor
2. Heathen Ground
3. The Endlessness
4. Ruin
5. And the Bells Are Ringing Doom
6. North
7. Darkness, Pt. 2
8. The Man of Gallow Proud
9. The Seaward Song [Previously Unreleased]
10. The Road and the Forest
11. Nihil Interit
12. Sigars Oyk
13. Origins
14. En Bekk Av Blod

Dark folk/black metal
Norway

Official: Official Weh Website

Samples:
Weh - Origins - YouTube
Buy at Origins Weh CD | Free Shipping at DeepDiscount.co...

Incredible dark folk with touches of black metal. The mood is beyond most of what we have here with the exception of some MDB and a couple others. His first several albums (demos) combined, they are oop. He has worked with Windir and Vreid.

Memento Mori

Last edited by cjjeepercreeper on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a friend of Valfar's could pull this off, acoustic black metal. I have nothing but admiration for Erik. His newest album is slightly more folkish, but still retains black metal elements, En Natt Kom Doed.

Quote:
www.avenoctum.com:

From the outside looking in, the neofolk scene can seem painfully austere and humourless not to mention the odd troupe here and there flirting with dodgy ideology, unfairly tarnishing the rest. Remind you of any other genre? Being so different sonically it is easy to overlook what close bedfellows neofolk and black metal can be and being a bit of an outsider to neofolk I was actually pretty keen to get my hands on this.

Weh is a one man project from Erik E and he has worked with members of Windir and Vreid in the past if you want further proof.

Following on from an extensive collection of demos on the double CD Origins, the first thing that touches you about Eb Natt Kom Doed is the crystal sharp production. Essential to this style I guess, it is still lovely to hear every strike of the string and roll of the voice brought to your ear so clearly.

Musically this is dark and delicate stuff but no less intense for all that fragility and as sombre as a funeral shroud. Mostly Weh use plain sung vocals with acoustic guitar accompaniment with a frugal but sweetly judged use of keyboards when needed. It’s probably a reference well before most of your times, but there is also a deep vein of the great Leonard Cohen to the intimate resigned and regretful tone of the vocals and the excellent partnership Erik E has between these and the guitar notes. Sometimes they move together, sometimes apart but always they compliment. It is a performance of restrained but effortless grace, a fine waltz through some bleak Nordic scenery and legend.

Lyrics are sometimes in English but even these are a little dense for me to truly penetrate for a deadline but they seem rich with mythic references and a yearning for those times as well as an awareness of how they contrast with the modern world. But for all that awareness this is very much an album shrouded by it’s own ghosts and the past.

Songs such as the regret ridden Testament Of Time stretch back into the mists and create a stillness for the words to be heard that is every bout as effective as the best that viking metal has to offer. Simply a different style and a different way to touch your spirit and make out stir.

Every song does indeed stand on its own here, whilst having it’s place in the whole, but with its sparse mournful keyboard refrain, the insistent guitar chords and the soft moan haunting the vocals, The Unborn always hits me hardest. It is evocative and sinister, a warning perhaps of being careful for the things you pray for and to. “With no breath they ride…” he warns and you can’t help but see them in that moment. Quite wonderful what such simple, dark music can do to the mind.

At just a little over half an hour long, this never comes close to stretching your patience. Instead it leaves you with memories as crisp and brittle, sharp as fresh frost on a branch. It leaves you wanting total silence when the last sigh of Helvete has passed, time to yourself to take it all in. It is music in total command and mesmeric in its atmosphere. Step into the quiet. Its closer to you than you think and twice as beautiful.

Memento Mori
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes yes voted voted
Captain

Member#: 10717

SummoningEternalNightMCMX is offline View user's profile Send private message SummoningEternalNightMCMX's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Support
Lieutenant

Member#: 13533

tabh666 is offline View user's profile Send private message View tabh666's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but not for here.
Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tabh666 wrote:

I play in tabh's team... Cool Peace
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a little more info on this guy, here's his version of "Likbor" from the Valfar/Windir tribute album "Valfar, ein Windir".

Memento Mori
Austria Thor666
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 6403

Thor666 is offline View user's profile Send private message Thor666's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyrics to "Heathen Ground". Viking metal doesn't get any better than this:

Quote:
Heathen Ground
In this world a single eye is watching, ravens carry news to chief of gods. Thunder cracks the sky above the mountains, you just need to close your eyes to feel the hammer fall now. Golden fields spread out beyond the woodland, long dead kings are buried under mound. Path to well of wisdom lies before you, keep your senses sharp and hide your weapons under your cloak. Runes carved in tree and stone, you walk on heathen ground. Along forgotten roads, you walk on heathen ground. Smoke is dancing on the lake this evening, and the wolves they hide among the trees. Shades of red are forming in the skyline, lift your head, soon you will see the signal fires burn high. By the campfire eyes glow with the embers, sleepless dreams of warriors at sea. Soon enough the frost will take its hold here, comes the icy wind from north or comes it from within you. Through woods and open plains, you walk on heathen ground. The longing grips you now, you walk on heathen ground. Suddenly the rays of light grow brighter, horse's hooves are heard, eight of the kind. Mind is strong but muscle force is fading, death has come too soon again but your lips form a last smile. A final toast your cups are almost empty, brothers hailing as you leave the hall. See the beauty of the land around you, wisdom is to know inside that you have found your home here. Runes carved in tree and stone, you walk on heathen ground. Along forgotten roads, you walk on heathen ground. Through woods and open plains, you walk on heathen ground. The longing grips you now, you walk on heathen ground.

Memento Mori
Germany fog
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9170

fog is offline View user's profile Send private message fog's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

nice folk. support
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.
EMBRACE MY SOUL
France jtank6
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13547

jtank6 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jtank6's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuka_Kommandant wrote:
tabh666 wrote:

I play in tabh's team... Cool Peace

Me too
Commodore

Member#: 8800

RAM is offline View user's profile Send private message RAM's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: