Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Death.fm radio report

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:44 am   Post subject: Death.fm radio report Reply with quote

Hi all.

I'm working as some kind of freelance-reporter for a german underground metalzine at the moment. I had the idea to list and test some metal webradios, review them and write a small report about them. I'd also like to interview some of the Operators.

What would you think about a review of some webradios and a interview with Jeric (I know he is often reachable so I'd like to do a interview with him - most interviews are done by E-mail) ?

Because it is a german Metalzine I would translate the article for you when it is done.

Info:
http://www.sleeplesszine.de

btw Jeric you can reach me at damienbelial AT web.de.

Edit:
All bands - as far as they play metal - are welcome to send us their Albums/Demos (even if it are CDR's, LP's/EP's or MC's) for reviews. If you want to get in contact with send a E-M@il at my above mentioned E-Mail Adress.
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
USA JERIC RIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down with that. Thanks for the consideration.

Please do not PM me! Use email, feedback or contact us links.
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to look up some english translation pages to learn the meaning of "to be down with sth." Wink. If I understood you correctly you like the idea. I will send you the questions via E-Mail in a few days.

Greetings,
Dami
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric dont forget to mention me!!!

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the expression. Thanks again.

Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
Sorry about the expression. Thanks again.

No Problem Smile

@Jeric: Since I found no e-mail adress of you I sent the questions to you using the contact-form from the "Contact Us"-Menu but haven't got an answer yet. Did you get the stuff ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I received it and it is waiting for me to have some quiet time. Thanks and I will get to it soon.

Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric, your mail reached me. Thanks again ! It will take some time til the article is done. Btw: Death.FM is one of the canditates with most points and may be the best reviewed webradio Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Thanks again Dami.

Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long time the interview we have done with Jeric is online (the main report comparing some webradios still isn't completed). You can look it up here :

http://sleeplesszine.de/html/body_interview_mit_jeric_von_death_.html

Because this is in german here is an translated english version:

The Sleepless-Team has begun to search the internet to find the best metal-webradios. It will still take some time to rate the stations we have found (categories are among others soundquality, reachability and repertoire). To bridge the gap to the main article we did a interview with Jeric, owner and operator of the Death- and Black-Metal-Webradio Death.FM.

Sleepless Metalzine: How and when did you become involved in metal music?
Jeric: My uncle who is only 10 years older than me had the biggest influence on me with music. He exposed me to Pink Floyd then Metallica. I got involved with Death Metal when I wanted something more than Metallica. So I picked up a compilation called “Death is Just the Beginning II”. That opened up a whole new realm of music for me. Thanks Nuclear Blast!

Sleepless Metalzine: What did you like about the metal music, what do you think makes it something special?
Jeric: I love any music that can invoke emotion. I think Metal music; especially Death & Black metal is full of aggression and is very powerful. And those emotions are very enjoyable to me.

Sleepless Metalzine: Which were the first bands you heard on a regular basis?
Jeric: (Early) Amorphis, (Early) Gorfest, Dismember, Hypocrisy, Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Sinister then came (Early) Cradle of Filth, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Borknagar, and Arturus.

Sleepless Metalzine: Was death metal your favorite metal-style from the beginning of your metal-life or did you like some other subgenres to that time?
Jeric: Metallica, anything “The Black Album” and prior is what really got me into metal. That kick-started me along with my constant hunger to discover new bands which has opened up new metal-styles such as Death & Black Metal.

Sleepless Metalzine: When did you have the idea to create a metal-based web-radio for the first time?
Jeric: When I felt like I was losing touch with metal because I had been working so hard on my other station, StreamingSoundtracks.com. I had a nice metal collection and I didn’t get to hear it that much. I figured by creating a new station, using basically the same formula I used for SST, it would force me to listen to more metal. I’m glad I did I just hope others are too!

Sleepless Metalzine: Which were your goals on creating a web-radio like Death.FM?
Jeric: At the time of creation, just like SST, to create a place where I could enjoy music and the company of people with similar taste. One day I hope to hear my stations live, in near CD-quality while driving down the highway.

Sleepless Metalzine: Was it very hard to setup everything until it worked?
Jeric: Not really, but only because I used SST as a template. SST has evolved over the years and is the product of many, many hours of hard work by myself and other volunteers.

Sleepless Metalzine: Are there any metal-styles you wouldn't ever play on Death.FM like Power Metal and such?
Jeric: I’d like to stick with primarily Death & Black. The thing with metal is so many genres tend to touch each other. My basic criterion is that there must be growl-type vocals somewhere in the album. That sometimes allows other genres with Death or Black influences such as Grind, Goth, Doom, and Metalcore. We’ll never play Nu or Bubble Gum Metal.

Sleepless Metalzine: What do you think about the development of Death.FM?
Jeric: I am proud of what has been accomplished at the same time I see a lot of room for improvement.

Sleepless Metalzine: What were the best moments with your own web-radio, what do you like about it and what were the worst moments and what do you dislike about it, as it is?
Jeric: The worst moments are when people display signs of ungratefulness. The best moments are discovering an awesome new band and knowing I’m making a lot of people happy.

Sleepless Metalzine: How do you finance the radio station?
Jeric: Personal funds, member donations, and some advertisements.

Sleepless Metalzine: If you could, what would you like to change at the web-radio?
Jeric: It would be incredible to be able make it profitable enough so that I could concentrate most of my time on DFM & SST.

Sleepless Metalzine: What wouldn’t you ever want to change at the web-radio?
Jeric: Well, I definitely don’t want to add a bunch of music I dislike. Some people request certain bands to be added to the playlist but I won’t budge until I can at least tolerate them. If I lose interest in this, we all lose. So I have to keep it as enjoyable to me as possible and hope that people will understand that.

Sleepless Metalzine: What do you think about today’s metal scene?
Jeric: Well, I don’t get out as much as I used to so I feel a little out of touch of today’s metal scene. Besides, I think it depends a lot on where you live. Richmond does has some good venues though sometimes. But my metal world is pretty exclusive to Death.FM. Fortunately, there are a lot of people who participate in the community and that way I learn about new bands and stuff from them. I in return, can transfer that knowledge to everyone else listening. I think it’s a wonderful and entertaining relationship.

Links related to the topic:
http://www.death.fm
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com
http://www.sleeplesszine.de

Cheers !
UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 2503

Waffen is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Waffen's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool interview. I have a greater understanding of the station now. Nice one Dami and Jeric.

I hope it brings in lots more eager victims to Death.fm

Peace
Captain

Member#: 2087

metalero is offline View user's profile Send private message metalero's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for Dami and Jeric ...

Interesting interview .

LONG LIVE TO DEATH.FM Peace Peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: